Welcome to this gorgeous and spacious year-round 4 bedroom cottage overlooking a tranquil bay on Lake Couchiching!
From the moment you walk in, it is obvious the owners have a great sense of style, with each and every room displaying simple, yet exquisite attention to detail. This beautiful, newly renovated, 2,800 sq. ft. cottage boasts wonderful architectural features including an open concept kitchen/dining/living area with soaring cathedral ceilings and accent lighting over the kitchen island and dining table.
The fully equipped kitchen will be a joy to prepare meals in with modern stainless-steel appliances, 2 full-sized fridges, a kitchen island and plenty of granite counter space for the sous-chef. The great room will be the family’s favourite gathering spot for dining and relaxing with a wall of floor to ceiling windows framing stunning views of the lake. After dinner, relax front and centre, on one of the 3 swivel/rocking/reclining chairs and enjoy the view while sipping on your favourite night cap.
Just off of the living area is a 4-piece bathroom and 3 tastefully decorated bedrooms with the master bedroom facing out to the lake with sliding glass doors leading out to the deck, the perfect spot to start your mornings off with a cup of tea or coffee.
The lower level is every child’s dream come true cottage retreat! Children of all ages will be completely entertained on inclement days and evenings. There’s a fooseball table, ping pong table and air hockey table. For more fun, there is a costume wall with lots of superhero costumes, and dozens of board games and puzzles. It’s the ultimate kids zone with a large sectional couch, bean bag chairs, a 52” flat-screen TV and an xbox (with dvd capability). A 3-piece bathroom and a 4th bedroom round out the lower level. Even the boat themed bedroom with it’s custom made built-in bunk beds will make it fun and inviting for the younger ones reluctant to give into sleep.
Enjoy BBQ lunches on the lakeside upper deck then “slide” down to the level lawn—too fun, why wouldn’t you! There is an abundance of yard space both out front or in the back for the multiple yard games provided for you: Giant Yard Yahtzee, Giant Jenga, Giant Yard Left Right Centre, Musker’s Pit (like horseshoes but with plastic rings), Go Gater Bean Bag Toss, Magnetic Darts, Frisbee Golf, Croquet, Bocce Ball.
The 50 feet of waterfront is spectacular with everything you can imagine to make your days in the sun fun and amazing! The expansive lakeside deck/dock offers a multitude of spots to kick back and relax. The younger kids can wade out into the water from a shallow sandy entry at the side of the deck/dock and you can walk out quite a ways before you can’t touch bottom. At the end of the long deck there are 2 Muskoka chairs, perfect for reading a book while watching the older kids enjoy themselves on the Lily Pad out in the water. Another fun activity for the kids is to throw a fishing line off of the dock as fish come up to the dock so it’s not unusual to catch something from here.
With a canoe, kayak and paddleboat at your disposal, be sure to get out on the water to paddle and explore the lake, being in a bay makes the water calmer, enhancing the experience. For avid boaters, bring or rent a boat and explore not only Lake Couchiching, but Lake Simcoe and the Trent Severn Waterway through a series of lock systems.
For a change of scenery, walk down the quiet private community road behind the cottage, passing other cottages with families of multiple generations, and check out the playground down the road with a volleyball net, swings and small slide for young children to enjoy. On your way back you may spot wild turkeys and deer in the field behind the cottage.
For a quick day trip, head into nearby Orillia for shopping and dining or check out Casino Rama for entertainment.
However you spend your days, it is a must to end each and every day back at the cottage, around the large lakeside firepit, roasting marshmallows, reminiscing about the days adventures while listening to the haunting call of the loons. This will be the cottage vacation that will create family memories to last a lifetime!
- 4 bedrooms (main level - queen; queen; queen; lower level - 2 single/queen combo bunks)
- blankets/pillows (NOT INCLUDED DURING COVID - BRING YOUR OWN)
- fully equipped kitchen
- toaster oven
- Keurig and regular coffee maker
- magic bullet, toaster, tea kettle
- water cooler (bring own 18L bottle)
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- large harvest dining room table with 6 chairs and long bench
- kitchen island with 4 bar stools
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (lower level)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (main level)
- NO washer/dryer
- ceiling fans in the living/dining room and 3 bedrooms on the main level
- forced-air propane heating
- central air-conditioning
- automatic back-up generator
- 65" TV (living room)
- 55" TV (lower level family room)
- xbox 360 with dvd capability
- nintendo box with 600+ games
- NO Wi-Fi
- gas fireplace (lower level family room)
- ping pong table (lower level games room)
- air hockey table (lower level games room)
- foosball table (lower level games room)
- board games and puzzles
- deck (16ft. x 20ft.)
- patio dining tables with 8 chairs and umbrella and 2 gravity chairs on deck
- propane BBQ (direct)
- large red slide from deck to lawn
- outdoor fire pit (some wood available)
- 6 plastic Muskoka chairs at fire pit
- ring toss pit
- lakeside deck (10ft. x 40ft.)
- dock (6ft. x 54ft.)
- 2 Muskoka chairs, 2 benches, 4 chairs and picnic table on dock
- lily pad
- adult lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- water source is drilled well, UV filtered, potable
- privacy rating is 3 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- 3 public boat launch on lake
- For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $250 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
No pets, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 8, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM.
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $250 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
NOTE: With this cottage there is a mandatory $500 security deposit upon booking
Check in 4pm and Check out 10am