NEWLY LISTED - January 2022
Unparalleled balance of luxury, comfort and tranquility awaits you at this magnificent lakefront cottage/home located on the beautiful shores of Lake Simcoe! This gorgeous 4-season, 3,500 sq. ft., 3 level, 4 bedroom cottage sits on over a half acre of land with sweeping views out to the lake.
The owner is an artist and worked closely together with the architect to create their dream cottage that was both comfortable for the family while providing ample room for guests. Needless to say, they were very forward thinking as the cottage was built in the 1980's and remains modernly stunning today. Meticulously designed, with vibrant splashes of colour and art throughout, it was a true labour of love, with every attention to detail being of the utmost importance in creating this warm and inviting home away from home.
The sprawling open concept kitchen/dining/living room, with its soaring cathedral ceilings and breathtaking views of the lake from the floor to ceiling windows, was less common in the 1980's but the owner's wanted a family gathering space where the entire family could congregate while prepping meals, dining or relaxing in front of the fireplace on cooler evenings. Again, ahead of their time, a separate Muskoka room was built just off of the main living area to provide a more private space to relax and recharge, with the same fabulous lake views. After dinner, step down from the dining area to the spacious lower level family room, with a direct walk-out to the stone patio, and enjoy after dinner drinks while watching a movie.
Three well-appointed bedrooms are on the main level and the palatial lake facing master bedroom, with floor to ceiling windows and its own 4-piece ensuite, is on the upper level. Sunrises are important to the owners, so part of the bucket list in the original design was to be able to wake to the view of the sun rising over the lake, spectacular, mission accomplished!
Start your mornings off on a choice of decks, cup of coffee in hand, and immerse yourself in the amazing panoramic lake view! The shallow entry at the 100 feet of waterfront is crystal clear with beautiful soft river rocks and the water at the end of the dock is 3-4 feet deep, perfect for jumping into the lake to cool off on hot summer days. With a canoe, kayaks and stand-up paddle boards at your disposal, be sure to get out on the lake and explore, especially in the morning when the water is at its calmest. The lower level lakeside deck is a favourite place to gather all day and into the early evenings, providing ample space for entertaining while taking in the beautiful scenic backdrop.
There are so many interesting things to do in the area as well, and all just a 15-40 minute drive away in various directions! The picturesque town of Orillia is 15 minutes away for shopping and dining, Mara Provincial Park is 20 minutes away and Tudhope Park and Water Park are 15 minutes away. For avid golfers and foodies, Friday Harbour Resort is 35-40 minutes away and for an evening of entertainment, Casino Rama is just 20-25 minutes away. How ever you spend your days, end your nights back at the cottage with a delicious BBQ dinner on the deck and roast marshmallows around the fire pit while the sky fills with a blanket of stars. Life is good!
NEWLY LISTED - January 2022
- 4 bedrooms (main level - queen; queen; single/single bunk bed and single; upper level - queen)
- queen murphy bed (lower level family room)
- fully equipped kitchen
- 2 full size refrigerators (kitchen & main level laundry room)
- kitchen breakfast bar with 4 bar stools
- dining room table with 10 chairs
- landline telephone (local calls only)
- good cell phone reception
- 1 - 2 piece bathroom (main level)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (main level)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (lower level)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (upper level - master bedroom ensuite)
- washer/dryer (main level laundry room)
- forced air natural gas furnace
- NO central air-conditioning
- NO automatic back-up generator
- fire place (main level living room - some wood available)
- ceiling fans (living room and master bedroom)
- 40" TV (lower level family room)
- DVD player (lower level family room)
- unlimited Wi-Fi
- screened-in Muskoka room (not winterized - currently not shown in photos)
- dining table with 4 chairs and assorted wicker furniture with cushions in Muskoka room
- split-level stone patio (800 sq. ft. and 400 sq. ft.)
- 4 Muskoka chairs, 4 wrought iron chairs with cushions, picnic table and patio dining table with 8 chairs on large split-level stone patio
- propane BBQ
- front covered deck (12ft. x 12ft.)
- 3 Muskoka chairs on front covered deck
- lakeside deck (1,000 sq. ft.)
- 4 Muskoka chairs and 6 recliners on lakeside deck
- outdoor fire pit (some wood available - currently not shown in photos)
- dock (5ft. x 12ft. - currently not shown in photos)
- swim ladder
- 2 kayaks
- 2 stand-up paddle boards
- adult life jackets (various sizes)
- water source lake and drilled well, UV filtered, potable
- privacy rating is 3 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on the lake
NOTE: For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $300 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling)
Pet upon approval of owner, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 9, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM.
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $300 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling)