This stunning recently built beachfront cottage is located on popular Otter Lake just slightly north of Dorset and Lake of Bays. From the moment you walk into the cottage foyer, you feel the weight of the of the city's hectic pace easily slip away. This property is the perfect blend of uncomplicated cottage living while maintaining all the modern amenities of home.
The main floor's open concept living/dining/kitchen area is spacious and bright with floor-to-ceiling windows capturing spectacular views of the lake. The combination of vaulted ceilings, lush wood beams and granite kitchen counters makes for a warm and inviting space for interactive family get-togethers morning, noon and night. The striking floor to ceiling granite fireplace in the living room is the perfect gathering place to end your evenings reminiscing about your days of fun in the sun.
Three large bright bedrooms are on the main floor. The generous master bedroom, with a king size bed and peaceful views of the lake, is an oasis onto itself featuring a large en-suite bathroom complete with a walk-in closet. There are 2 more bedrooms on the main level along with a 4-piece bathroom. The lower level has 2 large rooms providing lots of space for children to play. There is a second Queen master bedroom with en-suite, plus 2 more bedrooms and a 3-piece bathroom in the lower level.
A large deck overlooks the level grounds and a gorgeous 145 foot stretch of sand beach. The wide open lawn area is a great spot to enjoy a game of badminton or volleyball for the adults or T-ball, soccer or frisbee for the kids. The shallow beach entry into the lake is ideal for younger children to splash and play with their sand toys. There is also a dock stretching out from the sandy area to swim from and a swimming platform for jumping off of. Perfect for swimmers of all ages!
Explore this pristine lake by kayak or paddleboat, provided for your stay. End your days roasting marshmallows at the fire pit located down on the beach. With a south-west exposure, you will enjoy endless days of sun all day long on the deck, grounds and dock.
If you can pull yourself away from the cottage for a day trip, you are central to many local attractions including Algonquin Park, the Dorset Fire Tower and the historic town of Huntsville. Take time to enjoy all that cottage life has to offer and relax at this lakeside gem.
"Our family rents a cottage every year for a fun filled week of chaos...We have rented for seven years now and this cottage is top of the list."
"We had a great time here. Beautiful waterfront, fantastic cottage. Thanks."
"We had a wonderful time here! Our kids played in the water & sand, boats and filled their days with games & movies too"
"We had a lovely week here with the family to celebrate our 50th Anniversary. Lovely place. Thank you"
"Have had a wonderful week here... We have rented other cottages in the area previously and this has been our favorite by far...Would love to come back again"
"We have been searching for many years in Ontario for a cottage like this...It was the perfect cottage for our multi-generational family"
- 6 bedrooms (main level - king; queen & single bunk; 2 twins; lower level - queen, crib; queen, toddler bed; double/single combo bunk and twin bunk)
- portable pack 'n' play travel cot
- king sheets will be supplied
- fully equipped kitchen
- Second fridge with freezer in lower level
- dining table (seating for 10)
- kitchen island (with sink and 4 bar stools)
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- home office (with desk, docking station, keyboard, mouse and 24” monitor)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (main level - master bedroom en-suite with walk-in closet)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (main level)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (lower level)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (lower level - queen bedroom en-suite)
- forced air propane
- stone fireplace (some wood available)
- ceiling fan (master bedroom and lower level queen)
- ipod docking station
- games and puzzles
- air hockey table (lower level)
- ping-pong table (lower level)
- foosball table (lower level)
- TV area in lower level, with75" TV, 7.1 surround sound, Blu-ray DVD player, Google Chromecast and Apple TV for Netflix and Disney +
- NO satellite
- Wi-Fi with high speed internet
- Sonos music system (please download Sonos app)
- large full width deck at the cottage
- 480 sq. ft. deck by the beach, with sectional outdoor furniture (see photos)
- propane BBQ
- charcoal BBQ
- outdoor dining table
- outdoor furniture 12 heavy Muskoka chairs and 8 plastic chairs)
- 2 outdoor fire pits (some wood available)
- basketball net on driveway
- dock (see photo) with additional ramp to 240 sq. ft. dock
- swim ladder
- floating swim platform with children's slide and swim ladder (not available for rentals)
- 3 adult kayaks
- 3 children's kayak
- lily pad
- lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- water source is well, UV filtered, potable
- privacy rating is 2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch nearby on lake
- For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $350 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling)
No pets, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 16, bring own linens (king size will be supplied) and towels, bring own drinking water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM. For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $350 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
CHECK IN 4 PM and CHECK OUT 10AM