Welcome to this wonderful 1,750 sq.ft. 3 bedroom bungalow cottage on beautiful Bird Lake, known for it’s crystal blue waters. The cottage was built with family and entertainment use in mind.
With the layout of the one level interior being long and sufficiently wide, most rooms face out to the water with stunning views of the lake, with only 2 bedrooms being tucked back into the shaded driveway side. All 3 bedrooms are closed off from the main living area by 2 separate doors, making it ideal for the young ones and early risers to sleep more soundly while the night owls watch movies or TV late into the evening. The lake facing master bedroom has its own bathroom ensuite and sliding glass doors out to a semi-private part of the deck, a fabulous spot to have your morning coffee and take in your peaceful surroundings.
The décor and the furnishings are charmingly country with gorgeous tongue and groove pine cathedral ceilings, skylights and floor to ceiling windows in the great room, making the spacious open-concept kitchen/dining/living room bright yet warm and inviting. Pastel walls, pine trim, dark wood floors, a long harvest dining table and a kitchen complete with an island and hanging pot rack add to the harmonious country style.
The large screened-in Muskoka room is always a bonus, especially on inclement days and during the early summer bug season. You can relax, read, dine and still feel one with nature.
The cottage is on 1.8 acres of well-treed land offering shade on the mainly flat property but plenty of sun on the deck and down on the dock with 245 feet of water frontage. The water is shallow so the kids can play in the lake safely while the adults keep a close eye and lounge on the dock.
The lake is known for good fishing with bass and perch in Bird Lake and on the other side of the road there is Bigwind Lake where you can find more species of fish such as walleye and trout. There is also a canoe and kayak at your disposal to enjoy leisurely paddles on the lake.
End your days barbequing on the expansive deck with your favourite beverage in hand and dine at the lake facing harvest dining room table while taking in the serene views. No cottage day is complete without a camp fire and roasting marshmallows while sharing your days adventures. So, what are you waiting for?!
- 3 bedrooms (king; queen; twin/queen bunk bed)
- fully equipped kitchen
- regular coffee maker
- dining room table (with 6 chairs and a bench)
- NO telephone
- some cell phone reception
- 1 - 4-piece bathroom (master bedroom ensuite)
- 1 - 3-piece bathroom
- washer/dryer (in laundry room)
- baseboard heating
- fireplace (some wood available)
- 55" TV
- NO DVD
- Wi-Fi (limited data, no streaming or downloading)
- books and board games
- screened-in Muskoka room
- new set of patio furniture and a hammock for Muskoka room (not in the photos)
- large wrap around deck
- propane BBQ
- outdoor furniture (6 Muskoka chairs, outdoor dining table with umbrella and 4 chairs)
- outdoor fire bowl (some wood available)
- 6 plastic Muskoka chairs at fire bowl
- waterfront deck 10" x 20"
- dock (4ft. x 10ft. and 10ft. x 14ft.)
- 2 Muskoka chairs on dock
- swim ladder (not currently shown in photos)
- 1 canoe
- 3 kayaks (2 adult and 1 child)
- lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- water source is lake, UV filtered with carbon filtration, potable
- privacy rating is 2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- No public boat launch
- The detailed cleaning is included at the end of your stay (you are expected to leave the cottage neat & tidy and remove all of your garbage & recyclables)
Pet upon approval, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 7, bring own linens and towels, renters may want to bring their own drinking water as the water may taste different compared to city treated water, noise restriction after 11 PM.
The detailed cleaning is included at the end of your stay (you are expected to leave the cottage neat & tidy and remove all of your garbage & recyclables)
Check in 4 pm and check out 11 am