A wonderful vacation experience awaits you and your family at this amazing Doe Lake property! With 1,500 sq. ft. of living space in the main cottage, 600 sq. ft. of living space in the Gatehouse, 300 ft. of shoreline and an expansive level lawn, this cottage property will satisfy your craving for a true Muskoka vacation. A small country road takes you to this cul-du-sac retreat located on an acre of well-treed land where total privacy is a given!
From the moment you step inside the cottage, you feel the recently departed city pace slip away as you set down your bags and settle into its relaxing surroundings. The layout of the cottage’s main level takes full advantage of offering magnificent lake views from all the rooms the family will gather in. Running the long length of the cottage is a sunroom bedroom (with a walk-out to the deck) at one end, then the kitchen, dining room, sitting room and living room at the opposite end. The dining room has a walk-out to the deck and the living room has a walk-out to the ever popular screened-in Muskoka room, the perfect spot to relax any time of day or night but especially on inclement days where you can still feel one with nature despite the elements. Rounding out the main floor is a second bedroom and a 3-piece bathroom.
The upper level has two more bedrooms and a gorgeous newly renovated 3-piece bathroom with a skylight and rain shower. The large master bedroom faces the lake and has its own walk-out deck.
The lower level is a great place to escape to on hot sunny days as it has painted concrete floors, making it cooler. Relax with a book in one of the two seating areas or grab a nap on the futon after watching a movie.
The Gatehouse is perfect for the extended family as it is completely self-sufficient with a kitchenette, large living/dining room and an upper level with 2 bedrooms and a 4-piece bathroom.
The great outdoors beckons, offering full days of countless hours of fun in the sun. Start the day off with breakfast on the deck then take an early morning paddle on the peaceful lake being serenaded by the loons. The property is ideal for both young and old alike with an expansive level lawn and a good-sized sandy beach at the waterfront with a shallow entry into the lake. The kids will not be able to get enough of literally sliding into the lake. As one previous renter noted, “The yellow slide made everyone’s heart jump in excitement”.
Being at the end of a smaller lake makes it not only quieter, but makes for calmer water as well so swimming is great and the fishing is excellent with a large variety of fish to catch such as pike, perch, small bass and rock bass.
If privacy gets to be too much (hard to imagine!), take a day trip to one of the many quaint and charming nearby villages or towns such as Bala, Port Carling, Bracebridge and Gravenhurst. Maybe even take a cruise on one of the Muskoka Steamship fleet that leave daily from the dock at Gravenhurst Bay.
When you return to the cottage, end your days with a BBQ on the deck and gather around the lakeside fire pit, on a piece of the Great Canadian Shield, and watch the stars fill up the sky, does it get any better?!
6 bedrooms in total:
- 4 bedrooms (main level - queen; double; upper level -double; double, single/single bunk)
- fully equipped kitchen
- gas stove
- toaster oven
- dining room table with 2 chairs and 2 benches (seats 12)
- NO telephone
- some cell phone reception (very spotty)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (main level)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (upper level)
- washer/dryer (main level)
- forced-air propane furnace
- stone wood fireplace (main level - living room)
- propane fireplace (lower level - sitting room)
- 40" TV (main level living room)
- DVD player
- Wi-Fi (unlimited) (not guaranteed)
- 27" TV (lower level sitting room)
- DVD player
- Muskoka room (love seat, 7 chairs and 2 rocking chairs)
- master bedroom deck (3ft. x 25ft.)
- main deck (12ft. x 40ft.)
- propane BBQ (direct)
- dining table with 4 chairs, and 2 plastic Muskoka chairs on deck
- softtub in photos not available for renter use
- dock (4 ft. x 20ft.)
- children's water slide
- outdoor fire pit (some wood supplied)
- bench and stools at fire pit
- 10+ plastic chairs stacked and available at front of cottage
- sandy beach and sandy entry at waterfront
- 1 kayak
- 1 paddleboard
- pedal boat
- lifejackets (4 adults)
- water source is drilled well, potable
- privacy rating is 1 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- NO public boat launch on lake
- can launch small boats from property
- For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $300. (Cottage still needs to be left neat and tidy and all garbage and recycling removed)
- Note - Pet allowed upon approval by owner ($150 non-refundable pet fee per week + HST)
- 2 bedrooms (upper level - queen; single/single bunk bed)
- kitchen with fridge, 2-burner propane stove, toaster oven, microwave, dishwasher and coffee maker
- living/dining area with dining table with 6 chairs, couch, loveseat and chair
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (soaker tub)
- electric baseboard heating
- ceiling fan in main living area and upper level queen bedroom
- 37" TV
- DVD player
- propane fireplace
Pet upon approval, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 14, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water, noise restriction after 11 PM.
Check in 4 pm and check out 10 am
Note: The main cottage can be rented without the Gatehouse for $3,080.
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $300. (Cottage still needs to be left neat and tidy and all garbage and recycling removed)
Note - Pet allowed upon approval by owner ($150 non-refundable pet fee per week + HST)