NEWLY LISTED – June 2020
The popular slogan, "Muskoka Once Discovered Never Forgotten" will sum up your experience after you have had the opportunity to settle into this amazing property and cottage for a memorable vacation to last a lifetime!
Welcome to this fabulous property with all the privacy imaginable! Located on a 120 acre wooded backlot with over 700 feet of natural shoreline, this beautiful 2,300 sq. ft., 3 level, 6 bedroom classic log cottage sits on the peaceful shores of spring-fed Echo Lake.
The well thought out cottage interior layout is ideal for one or more families with all three levels having bedrooms, bathrooms and family living spaces.
The main level open concept kitchen/dining/living room is warm and inviting with maple floors throughout, log walls and log beamed ceilings and a soaring cathedral ceiling and stunning stone high-efficiency wood-burning fireplace in the living room. Off of the living room is a bright and generous sized Muskoka room, providing an additional area for dining while feeling one with nature even on inclement days, with an abundance of large window granting tree-top views out to the lake and beautifully landscaped gardens. Two well-appointed bedrooms and a 3-piece bathroom, round out the main floor.
The spacious master bedroom is on the upper level with its own 4-piece ensuite, opening up to a loft-style family room, overlooking the living room, with an adjoining sunroom.
The lower level is above grade with a comfortably furnished family entertainment room with a walk-out to the lakeside, 3 bedrooms, a laundry room and a 3-piece bathroom complete with a sauna, the perfect spot to relax in after a full day of fun in the sun!
Start your mornings off on the cottage deck, cup of coffee in hand, or head down to the large lakeside deck and dock and watch the mist rise off the lake as another day in paradise begins. Enjoy sunshine on the dock all day long while the covered lakeside deck provides shade when the sun gets too hot.
Take advantage of the early mornings to paddle on the lake, when the waters are at their calmest, and if you’re lucky, listen to the haunting call of the loons, magical! Being a spring-fed lake, the water is amazingly clean, perfect for swimming and for the avid anglers, small mouth bass and sunfish can be caught.
Any day of the week is great to take a short drive into the quaint village of Baysville where the local shops offer plenty of variety for browsing and buying. Ms. Nell’s Antiques and coffee shop has great baked goods, sandwiches and beverages and they also run the ice cream shop. Humble Pie has great pizzas and The Fork in the Road has many choices as well for a quick snack.
The Farmers Market is a must, every Friday from 2pm-6pm and check out The Hound for chicken wings and poutine and live entertainment on the patio on Saturdays and Sundays. Lake of Bays Brewery is another great spot to pop in to and enjoy their patio.
The General store has those one-offs you might need but for grocery stores, the towns of Huntsville and Bracebridge are just a 15-20 minute drive away.
Whether you spend your days on the water or exploring the nearby villages and cottage country towns, end your days with a BBQ back at the cottage, favourite beverage in hand and gather around the fire pit in the evening as you reminisce about the day’s adventures while watching the sky fill with a blanket of stars. Cottage life at its finest!!
NEWLY LISTED - June 2020
- 5 bedrooms (main level - queen; queen; upper level - king; lower level - queen; single and single/single bunk beds; double with crib)
- fully equipped kitchen
- extra refrigerator (lower level)
- drip coffee maker
- gas stove
- dining room table with 8 chairs
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (main level)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (lower level)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (upper level - master bedroom ensuite)
- washer/dryer in laundry room (lower level)
- electric baseboard heating
- forced-air propane furnace
- ceiling fans (living room, Muskoka room, upper level family room and master bedroom)
- automatic back-up generator
- fireplace - main level living room (some wood available)
- 50" TV (lower level family room)
- DVD player (lower level family room)
- stereo (lower level family room)
- cd player/radio/stereo receiver (main level Muskoka room)
- satellite (few basic channels)
- Wi-Fi (unlimited)
- foosball table (upper level family room)
- screened-in Muskoka room
- dining table with 5 chairs and couch in Muskoka room
- sauna (lower level bathroom)
- deck (12ft. x 20ft.)
- wicker love seat and 2 wicker chairs with cushions on the deck
- propane BBQ
- children's play set
- outdoor fire pit (some wood available)
- 2 benches and 4 folding chairs at fire pit
- covered lakeside deck (12ft. x 20ft.)
- 6 Muskoka chairs on covered lakeside deck
- dock (20ft. x 30ft.)
- swim ladder on dock
- adult lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- water source is well, potable
- privacy rating is 1 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on Echo Lake Drive
No pets, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 11, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water (if preferred), noise restriction after 11 PM.