Echo Lake Retreat, located just 2.5 hours north of Toronto, sits on a property that offers a quiet and fabulous getaway from city life. Enjoy beautiful sunsets over the lake and relax as another day comes to a close. Take pleasure in the breathtaking view, amenities, and the overall experience Echo Lake Retreat has to offer.
This beautiful 2,200 sq. ft. cottage boasts wonderful architectural features such as an open concept living area, pine cathedral ceilings, and most importantly floor to ceiling windows that provide fantastic vistas of Echo Lake! Furthermore, this cottage is suited for use all year round as it is fully winterized , AND, has all the features to ensure total comfort including central air conditioning. For the chefs and food lovers, Echo Lake Retreat has beautiful cabinetry, stainless steel appliances, and a large breakfast island perfect for preparing family meals. Take a load off in the "Master Loft" that offers the most wonderful views of the property, enjoy some quiet relaxation in the main living room, or read a good book in the screened-in Muskoka room overlooking the beautiful lake. Last, but certainly not least is the lower level games room. Perfect for those rainy days this space has been carefully created to entertain individuals both young and mature. Whether its foosball, Xbox (with Kinect), or just catching up on your latest movies, we have you covered.
Here you will be able to take full advantage of the immediate access to the clear sandy waters of Echo Lake. Sit in the sun on your private dock all day long as the children splash and play or enjoy a refreshing swim to cool off. For those who seek something more adventurous Echo Lake Retreat provides canoes, kayaks, and a paddleboat to explore the waters and find where early surveyors, in the 19th century, located seven places where a clear echo could be heard, hence the lakes' name!
Echo Lake Retreat has something to offer for those with an active lifestyle or those who prefer to sit back and relax. Once you arrive, you won't want to leave!
PREVIOUS RENTER'S COMMENTS:
(2012) Beautiful cottage and very well equipped.... For the couple of days that we spent at the cottage we enjoyed every second of it. The cottage was comfortable, spacious and relaxing. Thanks for supplying the kids with a variety of games and activities to do! We enjoyed ourselves and all want to thank you for the memorable New Years. The cottage was beautiful, great company and great food. It certainly was a beautiful week-end at Echo Lake!!
(Feb 2014) Stayed at Echo Lake while my daughter played at the winter games in Baysville...The place was awesome and amazing for the week. Quiet location, across from the water. We drove the ski doos right to the chalet. We had everything like home. Nothing was missing!!! There was more than enough room and the unlimited wood for the wood stove let us enjoy the country cottage winter to perfection. I would highly recommend this cottage to families or a group of adults looking to get away and enjoy winter in the Muskokas. Baysville has the Baysville Brewery and it is a nice micro brewery. A great time and highly recommended.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS A SMALL COTTAGE ROAD IN BETWEEN THE COTTAGE AND THE WATERFRONT
- 4 bedrooms (loft - king; main level - queen; double-over-double bunk bed; lower level - double-over-double bunk bed) (all new mattresses with bedbug covers)
- king-size linen will be provided for the one king bed
- fully equipped kitchen
- deer antler chandelier
- refrigerator with filtered water & automatic ice maker
- second full size refrigerator in basement
- kitchen island with 10 stools
- regular coffee maker
- Keurig K-Cup Coffee Maker (fill with bottled water only)
- screened-in Muskoka room with ceiling fan
- telephone (local calls only)
- good cell phone reception
- unlimited high speed WI-Fi
- 1 3-piece bathroom (lower level)
- 1 4-piece bathroom (main level)
- woodstove (main level)
- propane fireplace (lower level)
- forced air propane furnace
- central air conditioning
- ceiling fans
- 2 large flat screen TVs (lower level and main level)
- satellite TV
- Surround Sound
- Bluetooth Docking Station
- X-box Kinect with games for all ages
- Blu-ray DVD player
- fooseball table
- basketball hoop with ball
- propane BBQ
- picnic table
- outdoor furniture
- outdoor fire pit (some wood supplied)
- dock (8 ft. x 30 ft.)
- swim ladder
- 1 canoes
- 2 adult kayaks
- 2 youth kayaks
- 5-person paddleboat
- 2 adult paddleboards
- 1 child paddleboard
- lifejackets (some, various)
- snowshoes available for winter rentals (various sizes)
- water source is filtered drill well water, potable (UV Light & Water Softener)
- privacy rating is 3 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- no public boat launch on lake
- For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $200 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
Pet allowed upon approval by owner, $150 refundable pet fee per week applies, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 8, linens are provided for the King bed only, please bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM.
Check in 4 pm and check out 10 am
Please note that there is a small cottage road between the cottage and the waterfront.
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $200 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).