Welcome to this wonderful home away from home right in the heart of ever popular Muskoka! This gorgeous newly built 2,400 sq. ft., 2 level, 3 bedroom cottage is located on the tranquil shores of Gloucester Pool – Six Mile Channel.
The cottage was custom built by the owner, a true labour of love, with every attention to detail being of the utmost importance.The look and feel of the interior includes all of the features you would want in a cottage, from the main level open concept kitchen/dining/living room with gorgeous soaring pine cathedral ceilings and a beautiful floor to ceiling stone fireplace, to 3 spacious bedrooms, all with direct walkouts to covered decks, and a lower level family entertainment room. Complimenting the warmth of the interior design are all the modern conveniences of home from stainless steel appliances, a large kitchen island and plenty of counter space for preparing meals while enjoying serene views out to the lake from a wall of large picture windows. And when the days get too humid to cook in the kitchen or sleep at night, there is central air-conditioning to keep everyone comfortable. Another very important feature that was included in the build, was an automatic back-up generator, a definite bonus to have at a cottage, as summers in Muskoka are notorious for quick heat storms that can leave you without power for hours and sometimes days!
As inviting as the interior of the cottage is, so too is the property. Once again the owner created an outdoor environment that would cater to every family member of any age! With an eastern exposure, enjoy beautiful sunrises with your morning coffee in the lakeside gazebo and as the day warms up relax on one of the 3 decks, all with plenty of seating for the entire family, providing both sun and shade. The large flat lakeside lawn is great for playing catch or tossing a frisbee and when it gets too hot, jump off of the end of the dock and swim out to the swim raft, over and over again. Being in this channel, makes for calm waters, excellent for kayaking, canoeing and paddle boating..For avid boaters, bring your own boat or rent one as you are on the expansive Trent-Severn waterway where you can enjoy endless hours of boating and take in the awe of watching the unique lock system marine railway at “Big Chute”.
End your days with a BBQ dinner on the deck, then gather around the lakeside fire pit as the sky fills with stars...don’t you think it’s time to leave the mayhem of the city and settle into a long deserved cottage country escape...so what are you waiting for?!
- 3 bedrooms (main level - king; lower level - queen: queen)
- all bed linens will be provided
- fully equipped kitchen
- spare fridge in furnace room
- drip coffee maker
- kitchen island with 3 bar stools
- dining table with 6 chairs
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception (ideal for creating a hot spot for WI-FI)
- 1- 2 piece bathroom (main level)
- 1- 5 piece bathroom (master bedroom ensuite)
- 1- 5 piece bathroom (lower level)
- washer/dryer (main level laundry room)
- ceiling fan (living room and main deck)
- forced-air propane furnace
- central air conditioning
- automatic back-up generator
- propane fireplace (main level living room)
- propane fireplace (lower level family room)
- 54" Smart TV (main level living room)
- 54" Smart TV (lower level family room)
- DVD player (lower level family room)
- dry bar with 2 bar stools (lower level family room)
- NO Wi-Fi
- main deck (12ft. x 40ft.)
- patio dining table with 6 chairs on main deck
- propane BBQ (direct)
- entrance deck (12ft. x 40ft.)
- patio dining table with umbrella and 6 chairs on entrance deck
- lower covered deck (12ft. x 40ft.)
- 4 chairs on lower covered deck
- outdoor fire bowl with 2 chairs (some wood available)
- lakeside gazebo with 3 chairs
- dock (12ft. x 40ft.)
- swim ladder
- swim raft (10ft. x 10ft.)
- swim ladder
- 2 kayaks
- paddle boat
- adult lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- water source lake, UV filtered, potable
- privacy rating is 3 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on the lake
NOTE: For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $250 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
Pet allowed upon approval of owner,(small dog only) no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 6, all bed linens will be provided, bring towels, noise restriction after 11 PM.
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $250 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).