This newly custom built 2,600 sq. ft. 3 bedroom cottage with a lakeside bunkie is located on Gloucester Pool – Six Mile Channel. The property is uniquely laid out on 3/4 acres of picturesque land, situated at a point with 160 ft. of water frontage. The dock looks out to the channel on one side, and out towards the lake on the other side.
The interior of the cottage is meticulous and beautifully appointed. The great room boasts wonderful architectural features with hand hewn beams, wide plank pine floors, two-storey cathedral ceiling and windows with a striking floor to ceiling stone Rumford wood burning fireplace as its centerpiece.
The open concept kitchen/living/dining area makes for a perfect place for any variety of family gatherings. Whether you are preparing meals, dining or lounging around on the large comfortable sectional sofa, the spectacular lake views are always with you.
The stunning gourmet chef’s kitchen is equipped with plentiful quartz counter space, double apron sink plus bar sink and bar fridge, modern stainless steel appliances, a 6-burner Wolfe range and custom kitchen cabinetry. Enjoy meals at the gorgeous harvest dining room table overlooking the deck and the lake.
All three bedrooms in the cottage are tastefully and exquisitely decorated. The spacious master bedroom is on the lower level with its own 4-piece ensuite bathroom, and the remaining 2 bedrooms are on the upper level, one with a 3-piece semi-ensuite bathroom, and the other overlooking the lake. An open TV room/den round out the upper level with a great walk-out covered deck overlooking the lake.
A lakeside bunkie with a deck is located just few steps away from the cottage. Wake up in the morning looking out over the lake, enjoying the peacefulness.
The automatic back-up generator is a fabulous bonus feature to have at a cottage, as summers in Muskoka are notorious for quick heat storms that can leave you without power for hours and sometimes days!
Sunrise is a must from the dock which provides plenty of space to enjoy your long summer days, basking in the sun with your favourite beverage, as the sun hits the dock all day long! There are also a number of lounge locations on the covered decks to find relief in the shade. The land slopes gently from the deck to the dock where there is a small sandy area, between the dock and the bunkie, for the smaller children to play. There is a shallow entrance here into the lake, and the water is clean and clear, ideal for swimming. Birds and wildlife are abundant on the property, and there is even a family of otters that are often found frolicking in the water at dusk.
You will want to bring a boat as the cottage is tucked into a channel just off the Trent-Severn waterway so you can enjoy endless hours of boating and take in the nearby attractions of Big Chute and White Falls. Fishing is excellent too with a variety of species such as walleye, bass and pike.
After a long and full day of fun in the sun, the best way to end your days is with a family BBQ and a late night gathering around the lake side fire pit roasting marshmallows…What are you waiting for! Come and enjoy this beautiful cottage property and create memories to last a life time!
2 WEEK MINIMUM FOR ALL SUMMER RENTALS
- 3 bedrooms (king; queen; queen and single/double bunk)
- king sheets supplied
- lakeside bunkie (queen)
- bunkie deck with bistro table and 2 chairs
- fully equipped kitchen
- bar fridge
- kitchen breakfast counter with 4 stools
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- dining room harvest table with 10 chairs
- 1 - 2 piece bathroom (main level)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (upper level semi-ensuite)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (main level master bedroom ensuite)
- air conditioning
- forced air propane heating
- automatic back-up generator
- ceiling fans
- stone Rumford fireplace (some wood available)
- TV with bluray and Bluetooth DVD (in upper level den)
- TV with bluray and Bluetooth DVD (flatscreen - in lower level master bedroom - not currently shown in photos)
- variety of dvd movies available
- NO satellite
- NO Wi-Fi
- deck (off of upper level)
- 2 chairs on upper level deck
- wrap-around deck (walk-out from main level)
- propane BBQ (direct)
- 6 patio chairs and table set and 2 loungers on main level deck
- lower deck 4 patio chairs and table set
- 4 patio lounge chairs
- outdoor fire pit (some wood available)
- dock (14 ft. x 18 ft.)
- NOTE: sea-do in photos is not included
- 5 Muskoka chairs and 4 lounge chairs on the dock
- diving platform (on rock shoreline by bunkie - water below is about 8 ft deep)
- 3 kayaks
- lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- water source is lake, reverse osmosis filtered, potable
- privacy rating is 3 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- boat launch at Marina nearby
- For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $250 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
No pets, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 8, bring own linens (king sheets supplied) and towels, noise restriction after 11 PM.
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $250 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
NOTE: With there being rocks along the shore and in the water, renters may want to bring water shoes (for walking in the water).