Welcome to Grandview Lake in the Baysville area of Lake of Bays Township, one of the more sought-after areas in the Muskokas, offering short drives to spectacular natural features and amenities in all directions. Let this wonderful and well-kept 2000 square-foot 4 bedroom cottage be your ‘home away from home’ for your vacation time; it truly has it all; all the comforts of home with plenty of nature thrown-in.
Your family will love the convenience of the year-round road that is easy and flat, right to the door. This is simply a great way to start the relaxing time that you’ll have at this gem situated as close as can be to the water’s edge, taking full advantage of the gorgeous views, south and east, of Grandview Lake - quiet, clear and inviting for paddling, swimming or whatever you like to do around the water. Speaking of paddling, this cottage offers many options for that, including a canoe, 3 kayaks, 1 stand-up paddleboard (SUP) and 1 wind-surfer. Whether sitting on one of the large decks, upper or lower, the L-shaped dock, around the firepit or swinging in the hammock, there are many options to keep you outside, even if you aren’t jumping in the water. There is a shallow, almost beach-like entry into the water for those not inclined to jumping in off the dock – great for the young or young-at-heart to splash around in.
Inside, you’ll be treated to features that you’d expect and want: fully-equipped and modern kitchen (with a dishwasher, so no one is left behind), a large living room on the upper floor with a big-screen TV with satellite and DVD, an even bigger TV (also with satellite and DVD) in the lower-level family and games’ room; air-hockey/pool table, card table and so many board games provided that they have their own closet. The family room has a nice fireplace that is propane fueled, and quickly ready to take off a chill, or to simply add ambiance to the evening. Deciding just who gets to spend their time here will be your only issue.
Loons – the icon of the north, are an ever-present neighbour on this part of Grandview Lake. You can watch them swimming-by very closely and even diving under the dock sometimes. Their call on a still summer evening is enchanting and embraced by all in this area. A short distance from the dock there is a nesting family of loons on a small island – the cottage owners simply ask that guests watch and enjoy the loon activity, but, please, stay off of the island to respect their habitat. This proximity is certainly a very rare treat, and one that must be protected.
If you need groceries, marine services or simply don’t feel like cooking dinner, the lovely town of Baysville is just 8 kilometres down the highway and an easy drive; providing a great small-town vibe and the locally-famous Lake of Bays Brewery (tours are available). Maybe the only cooking that you’ll really need to do will be ‘smores on the firepit (some wood is provided, but the owners encourage you to bring your own firewood if you like a lot of ‘smores).
This cottage is available year-round and provides a nice, cozy and warm place to return to after skiing, snowmobiling or snowshoeing in the winter; and therefore can also warm you up on a cool summer or fall evening. Ahh, central heating and air-conditioning is a nice treat – and, of course, it’s up to you if you tell your friends that you are ‘away up north, roughing it’…
Loon encounter - https://youtu.be/LikyKjog-k0
- 4 bedrooms (main level - queen; queen; single/single bunk bed; lower level - double)
- fully equipped kitchen
- blender, crockpot
- Keurig and drip coffee makers
- dining table with 6 chairs plus 2 additional folding chairs
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- 1 - 2 piece bathroom (ensuite - main level)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (main level)
- washer/dryer (main level bathroom)
- forced-air furnace (heatpump; groundsource)
- central air conditioning
- Lifebreath Whole Home air exchange system
- ceiling fan (both upper level bedrooms)
- electric fireplace on upper level
- fireplace (propane; lower level family room)
- automatic back-up generator (self tests every Wednesday)
- 42" TV /VCR / DVD (main level living room)
- 55" TV /VCR / DVD (lower level family room)
- Wi-Fi (Limited to 25 GB per week, additional charges of $10/GB will be applied over 25GB, No streaming or downloading)
- air hockey table/pool table
- large selection of board games
- main upper deck (10ft. x 30ft.) with screened gazebo
- lower covered deck (10ft. x 30ft.)
- propane BBQ
- patio dining table and 6 chairs, plus 4 plastic Muskoka chairs on main deck in screened gazebo to be added for next summer
- hammock on lower deck
- outdoor fire bowl (some wood available)
- 4 plastic Muskoka chairs and 2 person swing chair at fire bowl
- L-shaped dock (10ft. x 20ft. x 25ft.)
- swim ladder
- 4 Muskoka chairs on dock
- 3 kayaks
- 1 SUP (stand-up paddleboard)
- 1 wind surfer (board only - no sails)
- water bouncer
- lifejackets (some, various adult sizes)
- water source is drilled well, potable
- privacy rating is 3 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch across the lake (recommended for small boats only)
- For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $200 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
No pets, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 6, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM.
Check in 4 pm and check out 10 am
No Wake zone between dock and Loon Island or near shoreline
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $200 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).