Welcome to your home away from home where the owners have designed the perfect environment, both inside and outside, to create memorable and lasting family vacation memories!
This picturesque property and cottage, complete with white picket fence and expansive level lawn, is located on Baysville Narrows on popular Lake of Bays. The 2,600 sq. ft. , 3 bedroom, 3 level cottage is sure to please every family member with room to spread out for privacy or rooms to convene in for family gatherings.
The main level, with the kitchen, dining room, living room and 2-piece bathroom, flow easily from one room to the next. A beautiful Muskoka room is set off to the side of the living room with peaceful views out to the lake, the best place to have your morning coffee listening to the loons having their morning chat!
The upper level has 2 spacious bedrooms, a 3-piece bathroom and laundry equipment while the lower level has a 3rd bedroom, a 2nd 3-piece bathroom and a large family room with a VCR tape collection to entertain and surprise you with its enormous vintage selection.
The great outdoors beckons with so much to offer. Head down to the sizable dock with over 150 feet of natural shoreline where the sun shines all day long. There is access to the side of the dock if you want to approach the water slowly from a shallow hard packed sand entrance or on hot humid days, plunge into the refreshing water at the end of the dock where it is over 6 feet deep. With kayaks and a paddleboard at your disposal, be sure to get out on the lake and explore. If you tire of the water, hard to believe, you have a large selection of yard games (horseshoes, badminton, bean bag game and bocce ball) to choose from to challenge both young and old alike.
Any day of the week is great to take a short walk into the quaint village of Baysville where the local shops offer plenty of variety for browsing and buying. Ms. Nell’s Antiques and coffee shop has great baked goods, sandwiches and beverages and they also run the ice cream shop. Humble Pie has great pizzas and The Fork in the Road has many choices as well for a quick snack.
The Farmers Market is a must, every Friday from 2pm-6pm and check out The Hound for chicken wings and poutine and live entertainment on the patio on Saturdays and Sundays. Lake of Bays Brewery is another great spot to pop in to and enjoy their patio.
The General store has those one-offs you might need but for grocery stores, the towns of Huntsville and Bracebridge are just a 15-20 minute drive away.
End your days back at the cottage with a delicious BBQ on the deck, roast smores around the fire pit and then catch the beautiful sunsets on the dock with your favourite after dinner beverage. Gotta love cottage life!
- 3 bedrooms (upper level - queen; 2 queens; lower level - double and 2 singles)
- fully equipped kitchen
- convection oven
- butlers pantry
- dining room table with 8 chairs
- kitchen island with 3 stools
- screened-in Muskoka room
- sofa, chair and bench in Muskoka room
- good cell phone reception
- 1 - 2 piece bathroom (main level)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (lower level)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (upper level)
- washer/dryer (upper level)
- fireplace (main level - bring own wood)
- electric baseboard heating
- ceiling fan in Muskoka room and master bedroom
- portable floor and table fans
- dehumidifier on lower level
- 2 large TVs (lower level and main level)
- satellite ((Bell)
- VCR (lower level)
- large vintage VCR tape library
- Wi-Fi (unlimited)
- deck (12ft. x 20ft.)
- propane BBQ
- dining table with umbrella and 6 chairs on deck
- extra patio chairs in the garage
- picnic table
- outdoor fire pit (bring own wood)
- 5 adirondack chairs around fire pit
- lawn darts
- corn hole bean bag game
- bocce ball
- bean bag game
- dock with slip (25ft. x 35ft.)
- 2 swim ladders
- 5 adirondack chairs on dock with 2 side tables
- 2 kayaks
- paddle board
- floating island
- lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- water source is municipal, potable
- privacy rating is 2-3 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on lake
Pet upon approval of owner ($100 non refundable pet fee per week), no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 10, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM.