Welcome to spectacular lake views and amazing sunsets at this gorgeous 4,600 sq. ft., 2 level, 5 bedroom cottage on renowned Lake of Bays. The owners fell in love with the property and its easy access off of the cottage country highway, yet providing tranquil privacy nestled on 6 acres of well-treed land with 425 feet of water frontage!
Newly built, the owners worked hand in hand with the contractor to create this exquisitely designed cottage. They combined modern architectural features and casual cottage luxury, with gorgeous reclaimed wood floors and comfortable tastefully appointed furnishings throughout. The well thought out cottage interior layout is perfect for one or more families with bedrooms, bathrooms and family living spaces on both levels.
Step into the entrance and immediately be greeted by breathe-taking tree-top views of the lake from a wall of floor to ceiling windows stretching across the spacious open concept kitchen/dining/living room. The kitchen is every chef’s dream, featuring a 14 foot Caesarstone island, a double undermount sink, a Sub-Zero Refrigerator and a 6 burner Wolf gas range with double ovens. Enjoy meals at the beautiful harvest dining table, relax with dessert in the living room in front of the stunning granite Rumford fireplace and finish with after dinner drinks in the Muskoka room with its own stunning granite Rumford fireplace!
The lake-facing master bedroom is just off of the living room and Muskoka room and has its own 4-piece ensuite and direct walk-out to a granite flagstone patio. The remaining 2 bedrooms on the main level are just off of the kitchen, both lake-facing, each having their own 3-piece ensuite and direct walk-out to a deck.
The lower level has a sprawling lake-facing family room with a foosball table and 60” wall-mounted TV for entertainment, with 2 large lake-facing bedrooms, a 5-piece ensuite and a laundry room rounding out this level.
The great outdoors beckons with multiple outdoor places to kick back and relax, offering both shade and sunshine, from the cottage deck, cottage granite patio, lakeside granite patio and dock with upper boathouse seating!
Lake of Bays is the second largest lake in the Muskokas and is known for its fabulous swimming, fishing and boating. With numerous marinas and public boat launches nearby, you could bring your own boat or rent a boat to enjoy all that the lake has to offer. With over 165 km of shoreline, defined by many bays and graced by many islands, Bigwin Island being one of the better known, you should definitely indulge in a boating day trip or two to the villages of Dorset, Dwight and Baysville.
Being located in the middle of Muskoka makes for easy travel to different areas within Muskoka. For exercise enthusiasts you are in close proximity to provincial parks for hiking and the roads are great for biking and running, maybe you’re even ready for one of the local triathlon races including Ironman 70.3 Muskoka?! There are also a multitude of great golf options throughout the region.
For day trips, there are nearby charming villages to visit. Dorset has a fantastic lookout tower and Robinson’s General Store, along with other local shops and eateries (“Pizza on Earth” is one of the owners' favourites, claiming it’s the best pizza they have ever had!). Dwight has a great market, beach and Henrietta's Bakery and Baysville has a Farmers market on Friday afternoons and Lake of Bays Brewery. Welcome to cottage life at its utmost finest!
- 5 bedrooms (upper level - king; queen; queen; lower level - queen; queen)
- fully equipped kitchen
- Bosch dishwasher
- 6 burner Wolf gas range with double ovens
- Sub-Zero refrigerator
- dining room table with 6 chairs and long bench
- kitchen counter with 4 bar stools
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (shower with double sinks - main level - master bedroom ensuite)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (main level - bedroom ensuite)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (main level - bedroom ensuite)
- 1 - 2 piece bathroom (with dog shower - main level)
- 1 - 5 piece bathroom (lower level)
- washer/dryer (lower level laundry room)
- forced-air propane heating
- central air-conditioning
- automatic back-up generator
- radiant floor heating in lower level
- fireplace (main level living/dining room - some wood available)
- fireplace (main level Muskoka room - some wood available)
- ceiling fans (main level living/dining room, Muskoka room and all bedrooms)
- 50" TV (main level living room)
- 60" TV (lower level family room)
- Wi-Fi (limited data, no streaming or downloading)
- foosball table (lower level family room)
- glassed in Muskoka Room with access to granite flagstone cottage patio (couch and 4 sitting chairs)
- granite flagstone cottage patio (15ft. x 35ft.)
- propane BBQ (direct)
- granite flagstone lakeside patio (15ft. x 35ft.)
- outdoor fire bowl (some wood available)
- Muskoka chairs at fire bowl
- dock with boathouse (18ft. x 50ft.)
- (boathouse not available for renter's use)
- Note: boat shelter in the photos no longer there
- Muskoka chairs on main dock
- swim ladder
- 2 adult kayaks
- 2 stand-up paddle boards
- 2 adult lifejackets
- water source is drilled well, filtered, potable
- privacy rating is 2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on lake
NOTE: For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $300 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
Pet upon approval, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 10, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water (if preferred), noise restriction after 11 PM.
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $300 plus HSTadded to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).