Looking for a fabulous luxury cottage family vacation with great privacy in the heart of Muskoka? Then look no further!
Nestled on 2 acres of wooded land, this gorgeous, newly built, 2,900 sq. ft., 4 bedroom, 2 level cottage sits perched above expansive open water on the shores of much sought-after Lake Joseph.
This picturesque offering has it all and delivers a complete wish list from its ideal location in a calm bay to multiple outdoor places to kick back and relax, to the wonderful custom crafted cottage.
You will relax and unwind the moment you enter the foyer and completely reaffirm that you have left the chaos of the city behind you as you take in your tranquil setting. You will be greeted by a wall of floor to ceiling windows in the main living/dining area, looking out onto the deck with beautiful tree top views of the lake. Bathed in warm ambient light, the great room, with its soaring pine cathedral ceilings, gorgeous engineered wood floors and modern tastefully appointed furniture will be the place for family gatherings morning, noon and night. The living room’s stone gas fireplace can also be enjoyed from the dining room during meals at the beautiful harvest dining table.
The kitchen is well-equipped and a chef’s delight with modern appliances and a central island for preparing meals while taking in the views out to the deck and lake. There is a natural flow between indoor and outdoor living with walk-outs to the deck from various rooms on the main level.
For quiet time or after dinner beverages, escape to the lakeside Muskoka room or end your nights here with a ping pong challenge, doubles anyone?
The spacious master bedroom is just off of the main living area and has its own 4-piece ensuite bathroom and walk-out to the deck. Rounding out the main floor is 2-piece bathroom and laundry room.
The upper level, accessed by an open riser rod iron staircase, is open loft style with 3 bedrooms and a 3-piece bathroom, all closed doors, and an open sitting room looking down onto the great room.
The great outdoors beckons with a multitude of places to choose from and settle into and enjoy. The full cottage length deck has a glass paneled railing offering unobstructed views down to the granite patio and tree top views of the lake. Steps down from the deck is an expansive granite flagstone patio with a generous amount of contemporary outdoor living furniture, oversized umbrellas, chaise loungers and picnic tables.
A few steps down from the granite patio is an amazing fire pit with 10 Muskoka chairs and a glass railing, again offering unobstructed views out to the lake. From there, take a switchback combination of stairs and stone steps down to the dock and 237 feet of natural shoreline. With 2 kayaks at your disposal, get out on the water and enjoy a quiet paddle on the lake, especially in the early morning hours when the bay is at its calmest and mornings are magical.
Relaxing on the lake is rejuvenating but the true big excitement comes when venturing onto the lake. Add to your vacation adventures and bring or rent a boat and discover and take advantage of the extensive network connecting “The Big Three” (Lake Joseph to Lake Rosseau and Lake Muskoka via river and lock systems). The rich cottage history of vacationing on this famous lake is one not to be missed and to be thoroughly enjoyed.
Be sure to take a short drive into Rosseau, especially on a summer Friday, and enjoy the Farmer's Market at the boat launch and park. Today Magazine refers to The Rosseau General Store as "an eclectic emporium where you can find just about anything you could reasonably want, a village Wal-Mart but with infinitely more character".
As the day starts to unwind and the summer breeze whispers through the tall towering trees enjoy a BBQ dinner out on the deck, gather around the fire pit and roast marshmallows while watching the sky fill with stars as another day in cottage country paradise comes to a close!
- 4 bedrooms (main level - king; upper level - queen; 2 doubles; double and single)
- linens and towels supplied
- fully equipped kitchen
- second fridge (Muskoka room)
- convection oven
- bar fridge
- kitchen island with 3 bar stools
- dining room table with 10 chairs
- good cell phone reception
- 1 - 2 piece bathroom (main level)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (master bedroom ensuite - main level)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (double sink and shower - upper level)
- washer/dryer (main level - laundry room)
- forced-air propane heating
- central air-conditioning
- automatic back-up generator
- gas fireplace (living room)
- TV (Muskoka room)
- NO satellite
- Wi-Fi (limited data, no streaming or downloading Maximum of 5GB per week. There is a charge of $5/GB if you go over the amount allotted)
- Muskoka room (with 3 couches)
- ping pong table (Muskoka room)
- board games
- patio sofa, 2 chairs and a coffee table
- propane BBQ (direct connect)
- large lower stone patio
- 6 lounge chairs
- large patio couch, 2 chairs, 2 seats and coffee table
- 2 stand-up umbrellas
- 2 picnic tables
- outdoor fire pit (bring own wood)
- 10 Muskoka chairs at fire pit
- dock (ramp and 6ft. x 22ft. floater)
- swim ladder
- 2 kayaks
- lifejackets (3 adults and one child)
- water source is lake, UV filtered, potable
- privacy rating is 1-2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on lake
- For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $400 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
No pets, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 10, linens and towels supplied, bring own drinking water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM.
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $400 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
With this cottage there is a mandatory $2,000 security deposit upon booking.