This gorgeous, newly-renovated, four-season cottage offers a luxurious getaway! Situated on an acre of quintessential Muskoka granite outcroppings with pine and rustic landscaping, this 3-bedroom, 2-level, 2,000 sq. ft. cottage and lakeside bunkie, awaits you and your family. And you can't beat the location. The spectacular property is tucked into beautiful Pickerel Bay on Lake Joseph, which gives you a tranquil setting with the ability to boat out to big open water in just minutes - the best of both worlds.
You will relax the moment you step into the cottage, leaving the chaos of city life behind. From the spa-like rain showerheads to the upscale, retreat-like décor, this cottage makes getting away to the great outdoors even greater.
The spacious custom kitchen is every chef’s dream with all the modern conveniences of home and so much more. From the abundance of white quartz counters, large kitchen island, Wolf gas range stove, built-in Bosch refrigerator and spacious wine fridge, cooking up a storm or just making a snack to bring to the dock will be a joy.
The open-concept kitchen/dining/living room has gorgeous hardwood floors and whitewashed pine cathedral ceilings. In the main living area, the combination of leather club chairs and white comfy couches give it a casual-chic, cottage-country flair. And two walls of large picture windows and glass doors let you enjoy stunning tree-top lake views while prepping meals, dining or just relaxing.
Rounding out the main floor is a bedroom, laundry room and a 3-piece bathroom - an area ideal for grandparents who don’t like stairs.
The spacious master bedroom on the upper level includes its own 3-piece ensuite, king-size bed, and direct walk-out to a serene deck with total privacy from the lower deck. It offers a tranquil place to start your mornings, cup of coffee in hand and stretched out on the chaise lounges, and feel like you’re all alone with the magnificent lake views.
A third bedroom, 4-piece bathroom, and sitting room loft with a day bed complete the upper level.
The lakeside bunkie offers more sleeping room with a single bunk and twin bed, making it the perfect place for the tweens in the family or spot to escape to on hot sunny days for a nap!
Outdoors boasts a multitude of spaces to choose from and to settle into. The main deck stretches across the entire length of the cottage with plenty of room for the whole family to gather and relax. Sink into one of the 4 Muskoka chairs by the 107 feet of waterfront or on the boathouse dock/deck with its sunny southeast exposure. Or catch up on a favourite novel while listening to the water lap against the shoreline in the large, lakeside wooden swing, nestled into a tree-shaded area for cool comfort on a hot day.
Wade around in the shallow water (sand and granite bottom) or swim out to deeper water where the raft is anchored. The view across the bay is ideal; no cottages directly across give you peaceful views of natural rock face and beautiful trees. And privacy from neighbours is further heightened by many trees on the property itself. Enjoy a peaceful paddle in one of the 2 kayaks or the canoe on site for your use. Or add to your vacation adventures by bringing or renting a boat to discover the extensive network connecting “The Big Three” (Lake Joseph to Lake Rosseau and Lake Muskoka) via river and lock systems.
Be sure to take a short drive into Rosseau where a lively Farmer's Market takes place every Friday in the summertime. And be sure to pop by The Rosseau General Store, an old-fashioned shop full of charm and character where you can find just about anything you could possibly want.
Seeking a winter wonderland escape? This four-season property is for you! When the lake freezes over, you can snowshoe right outside your door and possibly catch a glimpse of a deer or two nearby. Or go snowmobiling for the afternoon, and stop for lunch at Crossroads in Rosseau. Arrowhead is just a 45-minute ride away for great cross-country skiing, skating, hiking, snowshoeing and snow-tubing. Georgian Nordic is just a 50-minute drive away and offers more than 30 kms of scenic cross-country ski trails winding through lush forest.
Summer, winter, spring or fall, you'll be tempted to end your days around the lakeside fire pit reminiscing about your adventures. Discover this property and you'll discover a prime slice of cottage country heaven!
"The property we stayed at was outstanding, and my wife and I really appreciated the level of service from you and your team throughout the process. Thank-you!
Please also pass along my thanks to the cottage owners. Their cottage is stunning, and we very much enjoyed our stay. Our family from the Netherlands joined us for the week, and they said it was one of the best vacation experiences they have had, and they have traveled the world extensively. We were able to dock our friend’s boat at the cottage for a few days, and the location for accessing the key sites on Lake Joe was perfect".
- 3 bedrooms (main level - queen; upper level - king; queen)
- lakeside bunkie (singe bunk, twin bed)
- open loft (day bed - 2 singles that push together to make a king)
- blankets, pillows
- king sheets supplied
- fully equipped kitchen
- Wolf gas stove
- Bosch built-in refrigerator
- wine fridge
- kitchen island with 6 bar stools
- dining room table with 10 chairs
- ceiling fans (in bedrooms)
- NO telephone
- good cell reception
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (lower level)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (upper level - master bedroom ensuite)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (upper level)
- washer/dryer (lower level laundry room in bedroom)
- forced-air propane furnace
- fireplace - living room (currently unavailable for use)
- 65" flat screen TV (living room)
- 50" flat screen TV (master bedroom)
- DVD player
- satellite (in high season)
- Wi-Fi (limited data, limited streaming and downloading. WiFi is provided by a rural satellite provider and we cannot guarantee service)
- master bedroom deck (13ft. x 17ft.)
- outdoor furniture on master bedroom deck (2 chaise lounges)
- main deck (10ft. x 40ft.)
- outdoor furniture on main deck (dining table with 6 chairs and couch with 2 chairs)
- propane BBQ
- boathouse dock/deck
- swim raft with swim ladder
- large lakeside wooden swing
- 4 Muskoka chairs at waterfront
- outdoor fire pit (some wood available)
- 4 Muskoka chairs at fire pit
- 2 kayaks
- lifejackets (2 medium, 4 large)
- water source lake, UV filtered, potable (separate filtered kitchen sink tap for drinking water)
- public boat launch/ramp (across the bay from cottage, government dock, 324 Stanley House Road)
- privacy rating is 2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3= some)
Pet upon approval of the owner (no cats please), no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 10, bring own linens (king sheets will be supplied) and towels, bring own drinking water (if preferred), noise restriction after 11 PM.
Check in 4 pm and check out 10 am