NEWLY LISTED - February 2022
Elegance, luxury and comfort await you at this gorgeous 3,200 sq. ft., 3 level, 4 bedroom cottage on popular Lake Joseph, right in the heart of Muskoka cottage country! Tranquil privacy is provided by 2.3 acres of well-treed land and being tucked into a beautiful open bay gives you the best of both worlds with calmer water to enjoy early morning paddles while having the ability to boat out into big open water in just minutes.
You will relax the moment you step into the cottage, leaving the chaos of city life behind you, while settling into your refined and inviting setting. The open concept kitchen/dining/living room has beautiful wide reclaimed plank flooring, a stunning stone wood-burning fireplace, comfortable furnishings and a wall of lake-facing floor to ceiling windows filling the room with warm ambient light. Create gourmet meals in the spacious kitchen featuring modern stainless steel appliances, a large kitchen island and plenty of granite countertops for prepping. After dinner enjoy beverages in the screened-in Muskoka room, feeling one with nature, cozied up to the fireplace while taking in peaceful lake views.
The generous-sized master bedroom, with its own 4-piece ensuite bathroom complete with a steam shower, is on the upper level along with 2 additional tastefully appointed bedrooms and a 4-piece bathroom.
The lower level will be the favourite family gathering spot for entertainment with yet another wood-burning fireplace, a sectional couch with a large flat screen TV for movie night, and a pool table for the more competitive at heart. A 4th bedroom, a 4-piece bathroom and a laundry room round out the lower level.
Start your days sipping your morning coffee on the covered deck then enjoy a fun-filled day on the expansive dock, soaking up the sun reading a long overdue novel or cooling off in the refreshing water. While relaxing on the lake is rejuvenating, add to your vacation adventures and bring or rent a boat and discover and take advantage of the extensive network connecting “The Big Three” (Lake Joseph to Lake Rosseau and Lake Muskoka via river and lock systems).
For a change of pace, take a short drive into Rosseau, especially on a summer Friday, and enjoy the Farmer's Market at the boat launch and park. Today Magazine refers to The Rosseau General Store as "an eclectic emporium where you can find just about anything you could reasonably want, a village Wal-Mart but with infinitely more character".
As the day starts to unwind and the summer breeze whispers through the tall towering trees, enjoy a BBQ dinner out on the deck, then relax on the dock as the sky fills with a blanket of stars as another day in paradise comes to a close. The rich cottage history of vacationing on this famous lake is one not to be missed and to be thoroughly enjoyed!
NEWLY LISTED - February 2022
- 4 bedrooms (upper level - king; queen; 2 doubles; lower level - queen)
- all linens provided for all beds
- all bath towels and beaches towels will be provided
- blankets, pillows
- fully equipped kitchen
- Kuerig coffee maker (bring own pods)
- kitchen island
- dining room table with 6+3 chairs
- ceiling fans (living room, Muskoka room and 3 upper level bedrooms)
- NO telephone
- good cell reception
- 1 - 2 piece bathroom (main level)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom with steam shower (upper level - master bedroom ensuite)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (upper level)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (lower level)
- washer/dryer (lower level laundry room)
- forced-air propane furnace
- central air-conditioning
- automatic back-up generator
- fireplace (main level living room - some wood available)
- fireplace (Muskoka room - some wood available)
- fireplace (lower level family room - some wood available)
- 50" TV (main level)
- 55" TV (lower level family room)
- NO satellite - Bell Fibe TV and internet
- unlimited Wi-Fi
- pool table (lower level family room)
- screened-in Muskoka room
- wicker couch and 3 wicker chairs with cushions in Muskoka room
- side deck (8ft. x 16ft.)
- partially covered stone patio (16ft. x 20ft.)
- picnic table on stone patio
- propane BBQ
- dock (30ft. x 40ft.)
- 2 swim ladders
- 7 Muskoka chairs and 4 patio lounge chairs on dock
- paddle boat
- adult lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- water drilled well, UV filtered, potable
- reverse osmosis water tap
- public boat launch on lake
- privacy rating is 2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3= some)
No pets, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 10, linens and bath towels and beach towels will be provided, bring own drinking water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM.