Welcome to this wonderful 2,300 sq. ft., 4 bedroom, one level cottage, located on 2.5 acres of land on the shores of ever popular Lake Muskoka. Tucked into a beautiful open bay gives you the best of both worlds being calmer to enjoy paddling in a tranquil setting while having the ability to boat out into big open water in just minutes.
You will relax the moment you step into the cottage and leave the chaos of city life behind you! The open concept kitchen/dining/living room has beautiful dark wood floors, soft pastel painted walls and comfortable furnishings giving it a casual cottage country flair.
The kitchen is equipped with most all the desired amenities and appliances of home, a large kitchen island, plenty of counter space for prepping meals and a direct walk-out to the deck for easy access to outdoor dining, morning, noon or night.
Next to the kitchen is a TV room with plenty of seating for the whole family to watch movies after dinner and there is also a direct walk-out to the deck. With an abundance of large picture windows in all the main family gathering spaces, beautiful tree-top views of the lake can be enjoyed while cooking, dining, watching TV or when relaxing in front of the woodstove on cooler evenings.
At the end of the main living area is a tastefully appointed lake-facing master bedroom with its own 4-piece ensuite. Two more bedrooms are located across from the master bedroom and are tucked into the shaded back of the cottage, making for a great night's sleep. A fourth bedroom is located near the entrance of the cottage with a 3-piece bathroom across from it.
The perfect spot to start your mornings off, cup of coffee in hand, is on the spacious cottage deck, immersed in the beauty of your natural surroundings, listening to the haunting call of the loons while watching the mist rise off of the lake.
But the pièce de résistance at this property is the expansive deck over the boathouse. A few steps down from the cottage deck and a short walkway take you to this amazing lookout point where you will find it hard to leave. The sun is on the deck from around 11 in the morning and remains all day. Relax and bask in the sun while catching up on a long overdue novel and with a southwest exposure be sure to have your after-dinner beverages here watching stunning sunsets.
For avid boaters, add to your vacation adventures and bring or rent a boat and explore the extensive network connecting “The Big Three” (Lake Muskoka to Lake Rosseau and Lake Joseph via river and lock systems). You can even boat to restaurants and for the kids, they will love the ice cream shop at the local marina (Pride of Muskoka), which is just out of the bay, to your right!
The rich cottage history of vacationing on this famous lake is one not to be missed and to be thoroughly enjoyed.
- 4 bedrooms (queen; queen; double; single/single bunk)
- linens will be provided
- fully equipped kitchen
- toaster oven
- drip coffee maker
- Keurig coffee maker (bring own pods)
- water cooler (1-18L bottle will be provided to get you started)
- kichen island with 2 bar stools
- dining table with 2 benches and chiar
- telephone (local calls only)
- good cell phone reception
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (master bedroom ensuite)
- washer/dryer (in entrance closet)
- ceiling fans in living room, TV room and 3 bedrooms
- woodstove (living room - bring own wood)
- electric baseboard heating
- 42” TV (TV room)
- DVD player
- small DVD library
- NO satellite
- Wi-Fi (unlimited)
- cottage deck (14ft. x 30ft.)
- propane BBQ
- patio dining table with 6 chairs and umbrella on the deck
- boathouse deck (30ft. x 30ft.)
- 4 Muskoka chairs, 2 Muskoka loungers and childrens picnic table on the boathouse deck
- NOTE: umbrella in photos is not available
- U-shaped boathouse dock (4ft. x 20ft. and 6ft. x 40ft. and 4ft. x 20ft.)
- 1 boat slip available for use (9ft. x 24ft.)
- NOTE: boat slip is available for use with minimum 1 week rentals
- swim ladder
- fire pit (not shown in photos - bring own wood)
- lifejackets (some, various adult sizes)
- water source is lake, not potable
- privacy rating is 2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on lake
- For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $350 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
No pets, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 8, linens will be provided, bring own drinking water (1-18L bottle will be provided to get you started), noise restriction after 11 p.m.
Check in 4 pm and check out 10 am
NOTE: For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $350 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).