This lovely cedar log cottage gem, located on much sought after Lake Muskoka, offers all the wish list items one could think of to make for a memorable family vacation!
The 3 bedroom warm and welcoming cottage sits on a half acre lot with a large level backyard and deck and a level front lawn leading down to a gorgeous dock and 60 feet of water frontage. With a shallow sandy entry, along with shallow water out for 50 feet, the entire property beckons for a family with children of all ages.
The cozy interior is pristinely maintained with a spacious kitchen looking out into an open concept dining/living area, allowing for beautiful lake views from all 3 rooms. The gorgeous stone fireplace provides the perfect back drop for all family gatherings on cool afternoons and evenings. The Muskoka room stretches across half of the front of the cottage, with large glass windows providing both beautiful long lake views and the opportunity for warm summer breezes on inclement days while settling in with a good novel.
Situated on a quiet bay, you can enjoy serene early morning paddles and the occasional visit and company from a family of ducks. The large dock with Muskoka chairs and umbrella is fabulous in the day for sunning and relaxing and the place to be for watching the stars at night. From here you can see various boats throughout the day, including the Segwun whose whistle can be heard in the far distance. There is also a good fishing hole just in front of the cottage, approximately 100 feet out into the lake, where you can more often than not catch pickerel, pike and bass.
Lake Muskoka is extremely picturesque with an abundance of islands and excellent boating with access to tour “ The Big Three” (Lake Muskoka, Lake Joseph and Lake Rosseau) while stopping at Gravenhurst, Port Carling and many other unique spots.
After a long and leisurely day on the lake, start up the BBQ on the back deck and dine away from any of the late afternoon winds. As day settles into evening, gather around the lake side fire pit and marvel at the incredible sunset while making plans for another glorious day in cottage country!
- 3 bedrooms (queen; queen and single bunk beds; double and single bunk beds)
- fully equipped kitchen
- dish washer
- coffee maker
- water cooler (1-18L bottles of drinking water will be provided to get you started)
- 2 kitchen stools at breakfast counter
- dining table with 2 chairs and 2 benches
- NO telephone
- good cell reception
- 1 4-piece bathroom
- washer/dryer in bathroom
- electric baseboard heating
- ceiling fans in kitchen, living room and bedrooms
- portable fans
- blankets, pillows
- fireplace in living room (some wood available)
- NO Wi-Fi
- screened-in Muskoka room
- deck (18ft. x 27ft.)
- propane BBQ
- patio dining table with umbrella and 8 chairs
- picnic table
- trampoline with safety net
- bocce ball
- outdoor fire pit (some wood avaialble)
- 2 Muskoka chairs and a bench at fire pit
- dock (6 ft. x 26ft. and 16ft. x 18ft.) (seadoo and boats in photo are not included)
- swim ladder
- outdoor furniture on dock (4 Muskoka chairs and stand-up umbrella)
- 2 kayaks
- lifejackets (various sizes)
- water source lake, UV filtered, potable
- public boat launch on lake (5 minutes away)
- privacy rating is 3 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3= some)
- Only boats with outboard motors with tilt and trim due to shallow water at the end of the dock
No pets (owners are allergic), no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 8, bring own linens and towels, bring own water if preferred (1-18L bottles of drinking water will be provided to get you started), noise restriction after 11 PM.
CHECK IN 4PM CHECK OUT 10AM
Only boats with outboard motors with tilt and trim due to shallow water at the end of the dock