You need not look any further if you desire a summer vacation in a lap of casual cottage chic luxury with fabulous tree-top lake views and glorious sunrises. Welcome to this remarkable property and exquisite, newly-built 3,300 sq. ft., 3 level, 4 bedroom cottage nestled on an acre of land on much sought-after Lake Rosseau and only a 7 minute walk to Port Sandfield!
The cottage has a storied Muskoka pedigree: it was built by the great-great granddaughter of Muskoka settlers who built a home in 1869 just up the shore from where this cottage stands today. Its design is inspired by the 151 years of magical Muskoka summers this family has enjoyed but with a modern touch.
This picturesque offering has it all and delivers a complete wish list from its ideal location on the lake to multiple outdoor places to kick back and relax both inside and outside. You will love the views and the sense of tranquility you will feel the moment you settle in.
The cottage is warm and elegant in décor with carefully-chosen Canadian and French antiques and original works of art by well-respected Canadian painters and printmakers throughout.
The main grand room dwelling features an open concept living/dining/kitchen area with 11-foot ceilings and pine beams, gorgeous pine wood flooring, and a wall of large picture windows and sliding glass doors, filling this living space with soft ambient daylight. With multiple walk-outs to the full width deck overlooking the lake, open up all the sliding doors and you will feel like you are outdoors.
The magnificent Muskoka granite fireplace can be enjoyed while relaxing or dining and the spacious kitchen is a chef’s delight with plenty of counter space and all the modern conveniences: an AGA stove (with 3 ovens), a wine fridge and pantry, and anchored by a 12 foot long Caesarstone kitchen island – sure to be a popular gathering spot while preparing meals and taking in beautiful tree-top lake views.
For quiet time or after dinner beverages, escape to the lakeside Muskoka room and enjoy the soothing lake view backdrop while catching up on the day’s adventures.
The upper level has a lake-facing master bedroom with its own 4-piece ensuite and a separate sitting room at one end and 2 more lake-facing bedrooms are at the opposite end with a 3-piece semi-ensuite. Each of the three bedrooms feature 17-foot peaked ceilings and spectacular views of Lake Rosseau. The clerestory windows through which the stars shine at night will help deliver a perfect ending to the day.
The lower level offers an additional bedroom, a 4-piece bathroom and a family room with a TV and piano for entertainment.
Completing this wonderful offering is 100 feet of waterfrontage with a boathouse suspended over the lake with a generous sized terrace deck. Take your coffee cups down in the early morning hours and marvel in the lake’s tranquility as the sun makes its warm appearance. If it gets too hot, take a quick dip in the refreshing lake from the lower dock. Swimmers will enjoy swimming to the raft – a long popular Muskoka tradition. With two paddleboards and two kayaks, there are plenty of ways to explore this beautiful lake. For avid boaters rent a boat or bring your own boat and discover the extensive network connecting the "The Big Three” (Lake Muskoka, Lake Joseph and Lake Rosseau) via river and lock systems.
Take a quick stroll into Port Sandfield, a great area to watch an amazing array of boats cruising through the canal. The canal was built in 1870 and connects Lake Rosseau to Lake Joseph. This charming tiny village also has a marina, a few quaint shops including a new smoothie/cappuccino spot and a great general store, Silver Stream Farms Market. The general store is very popular with cottagers and locals alike, offering a butcher/fish counter, fruit/veggie market and a bakery that makes amazing cinnamon buns and delicious deli sandwiches too.
The rich cottage history of vacationing on this famous lake is sure to please the whole family! No better time than now to dive into cottage life and live it to its fullest!
- 4 bedrooms (upper level - king; queen; queen; lower level - 2 singles)
- all linens provided for all beds
- bath towels and beach towels supplied at no extra charge
- fully equipped kitchen
- Cuisinart coffee maker
- AGA stove (with 3 ovens)
- wine refrigerator
- dining room table with 6 chairs
- 12ft. kitchen island with 4 bar chairs
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- 1 - 2 piece bathroom (main level)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (upper level - semi ensuite)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (upper level - master bedroom ensuite)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (lower level)
- washer/dryer in laundry room (lower level)
- forced-air propane furnace
- central air-conditioning
- automatic back-up generator
- propane fireplace - main level living room
- 50" TV (lower level family room)
- DVD player
- small TV (kitchen)
- satellite (Bell)
- Bell Fibe high-speed unlimited internet
- home office (desk and chair)
- Muskoka room (with 2 rocking chairs, 2 chairs, dining table with bench/nook)
- large deck
- patio dining table with 10 chairs and 4 Muskoka chairs on the deck
- propane BBQ (direct connect)
- Fire bowl (wood provided)
- boat house with 35 ft. dock including bar fridge in boathouse
- swim ladder
- boat slip available for use
- boat house deck (26ft. x 40ft.)
- patio table with chairs on boathouse deck
- 2 kayaks
- 2 paddleboards
- lifejackets (6 adults)
- water source is well, filtered, potable
- privacy rating is 2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on lake
- detailed cleaning included at the end of your stay (you are expected to leave the cottage neat & tidy and remove all of your garbage & recyclables)
No pets, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 8, linens supplied for all beds at no extra charge, bath towels and cloths supplied at no extra charge, bring own drinking water, noise restriction after 11 PM.
Check in 4 pm and check out 10 am
Detailed cleaning included at the end of your stay (you are expected to leave the cottage neat & tidy and remove all of your garbage & recyclables)
NOTE: With this cottage there is a mandatory $2,000 security deposit upon booking