Enjoy this exquisite, new custom built cottage, nestled on half an acre of land overlooking tranquil Loon Lake.
Attention to detail is obvious in every aspect throughout this stunning cottage. The spacious open concept living, dining and kitchen area features pine cathedral ceilings accented with arched beams and floor to ceiling windows with tree top lake views. Gorgeous engineered hard wood flooring, luxurious yet comfortable furnishings and a double-sided gas fireplace make this stunning main level living space ideal for family gatherings.
The well-appointed kitchen with modern stainless steel appliances, granite counter tops and large kitchen island with an oversized sink will be a pleasure to prepare meals in. Dine at the fabulous hand crafted wood harvest table inside or head out through the sliding glass doors to an outdoor patio set on the wide deck with glass railings enabling unobstructed views of the lake.
The spacious master bedroom has a fabulous 4-post king size bed, large windows with lake views and a spa-like ensuite bathroom with an oversized glass shower. Rounding out the main level is a powder room with a unique barn board vanity and under mount sink.
The lower level family room beckons for fun and relaxation! 50” TV, DVD, air hockey table and foosball table will keep the family busy on inclement days and late evenings. There is a walk-out from here to a lake side screened-in Muskoka room and a protected outdoor hot tub under a covered deck. After all that entertainment, you can retreat to the three large bedrooms completing this level!
Enjoy the great outdoors down at the dock lounging in the Muskoka chairs. Loon Lake is only about 16 feet at its deepest point, so the waters are relatively warm and great for swimming even in the shoulder seasons. This is one of many ‘finger’ lakes in the area that were gouged out by the glacier. The shoreline is typical Muskoka granite with birch, oak and a variety of pine trees scattered throughout the area, making a day of paddling a wonderful way to wallow in the summer sun and pristine waters. If you take the fishing rods with you, you will most likely catch Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass although Northern Pike and Sunfish are also present.
No cottage day is complete without ending the day around the lakeside fire pit and with a south western exposure.
We've had a fantastic week at the cottage! Thanks and compliments for such a gorgeous cottage!!
- 4 bedrooms (main level - king; lower level - queen; queen; double and single/single bunk)
- (maximum 8 adults)
- fully equipped kitchen
- toaster oven
- coffee machine
- dining room table with 8 chairs and 2 long benches
- kitchen island with 4 stools
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- 1 - 2 piece bathroom (main level)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (master ensuite on main level with shower)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (lower level)
- laundry room with washer / dryer
- forced-air propane heating
- central air-conditioning
- NO automatic back-up generator
- double sided gas fireplace (main level between the living area and dining and kitchen area)
- 50" TV
- DVD player
- no satellite
- no internet
- air hockey table
- foosball table
- large deck (38ft. x 8ft. and 12ft. x 12ft.)
- propane BBQ
- outdoor furniture (dining with 6 chairs, breakfast table with 2 chairs, 4 Muskoka chairs)
- screened-in Muskoka room (love seat, 2 chairs and a coffee table)
- hot tub on lower level walk-out covered deck (Not available from Nov. 1 to May 31)
- outdoor fire pit (bring own wood)
- dock (12 ft. x 12 ft.) to ramp (6 ft. x 6 ft.) to floating dock (6 ft. x 14 ft.)
- 4 Muskoka chairs on dock
- 12 extra Muskoka chairs for fire pit
- swim ladder
- 4 kayaks
- 10 lifejackets (some, various adult sizes)
- water source is lake, filtered, potable
- privacy rating is 2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on the lake
- For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $150 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling)
No pets, maximum number of occupants is 8, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM.
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $150 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling)
There are a set of stone steps from the driveway down to the cottage.