This gorgeous 3000+ sq. ft., 2 level cottage sits perched above the pristine shores of Mary Lake, right in the heart of Muskoka. Nestled on 2+ acres of well-treed land, you will arrive at your private end of the lane destination and instantly be drawn into this relaxing oasis, a far (and thankful!) cry from the hectic pace of the city.
The interior of the cottage is meticulously maintained with every attention to detail being paid. Settle into cottage life with all the comforts of home. The bright entrance foyer leads to the living room on one side and the spacious kitchen on the other side with the dining room joining both rooms on the lakeside. All rooms have beautiful tree-top views of the lake through floor to ceiling windows.
Whether lounging around on the comfortable furniture in front of the stone wood-burning fireplace, preparing meals or dining, the peaceful long lake views are always with you. The lake-facing Muskoka room is the perfect room to retreat to for morning coffee and/or after dinner drinks while taking in views of the lake. There is a deck on both sides of the Muskoka room so on warm summer nights open the windows and enjoy the breezy crosswinds.
The generous sized master bedroom is on the main level, facing out to the lake, with its own 4-piece ensuite bathroom, and 2 more spacious bedrooms and a second 4-piece bathroom round out the main level.
The lower walk-out level has a new 4-piece bathroom, laundry room and a family entertainment room complete with a TV/DVD, DVD library, board games and best of all a billiard table!
With coffee cup in hand, start your mornings on the dock with 200 ft. of waterfront, watching glorious sunrises or enjoying a morning paddle while taking in the serenity of nature at its finest, when the lake is like glass and all you can hear is the haunting call of the loons. Being in a semi-private bay, with 800 ft. of wooded privacy to the left and only one boathouse 100+ ft. to the right, sitting on the dock provides a private oasis. There are 80+ newly built stairs meandering down to the waterfront .
Mary Lake is a deep, clean lake and the water is over 8ft. deep off the end of the dock, with no weeds, all perfect conditions for hours on end. For avid boaters, Mary Lake allows you to explore three other adjoining lakes - Fairy, Vernon, Peninsula, and providing access to 64 kilometers of boating. You can even boat into the historical town of Huntsville via the Brunel Lift Locks for a day of shopping and dining.
If you’ve had your fill of water adventures there are plenty of spaces throughout the lot and cottage to spread out together or find your own quiet spot while taking in long peaceful views of the lake or venture out to the great hiking trails just steps from the cottage door.
The property is in the heart of the charming village, Port Sydney, with easy access to all that it has to offer: public sand beach with shallow water entry, boat launch, tennis, golf, restaurants, and a general store to get ice cream on a hot, sunny day. Then end your days back at the cottage with a BBQ dinner on the deck and plan for the next day’s adventures.
What more could you ask for? Swimming, sunning and boating all day, with movies, billiards and campfires at night. Rest and repeat!
“A beautiful cottage creating wonderful family memories for us”
“There was room for all to spread out and have a very relaxing vacation”
“Everything was perfect from the cottage to the waterfront and even the weather!”
"Thank you for sharing your gorgeous cottage and incredible view with us! We had a wonderfully relaxing vacation."
"A wonderful stay, beautiful view and fantastic place...so much careful preparations for us."
"We really enjoyed the cottage and appreciated how well maintained and organized it was"
"Wonderful memories, a really great week"
"A pleasant 2 weeks. Thank you so much for the use of your lake home"
- 3 bedrooms (main level - king; queen; queen)
- king sheets can be provided (at a fee if needed)
- fully equipped kitchen
- drip Basket Coffee Maker
- 2nd large refrigerator in garage
- water cooler (bring own 18L water bottle)
- kitchen island with 3 bar stools
- dining table and chairs
- breakfast table with 4 chairs
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (main level)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (main level - master bedroom ensuite)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (lower level)
- washer/dryer (lower level laundry room)
- ceiling fans (living room, Muskoka room, master bedroom and in one room on the lower level)
- 3 portable fans (for other bedrooms)
- forced-air electric furnace plus baseboard heating on lower level
- wood-burning fireplace - main level living room (do not use in summer)
- wood-burning stove - lower level (not for use)
- 55” Samsung Smart TV with DVD player – lower level family room
- small library of DVD movies
- board games
- unlimited Wi-Fi
- NO satellite
- billiard table (lower level family room)
- Muskoka room (wicker couch and chair with cushions, 2 other chairs)
- long front deck (8 ft. x 44ft.) with full scenic glass railings for unobstructed lake views
- 4 chairs on long front deck with 3 person bench
- main deck (16ft. x 18ft.)
- propane BBQ (3 tanks available)
- large patio dining table and umbrella with 6 chairs plus 2 swivel chairs on main deck
- covered lower level walk-out stone patio
- 2 Muskoka chairs on lower level stone patio
- front porch with 2 Muskoka chairs
- small fire bowl with chairs/benches (wood provided)
- basketball net
- large u-shaped fixed dock (16ft. x 36ft. at base) with two extensions (12ft. x 30ft. each)
- swim ladder
- 2 Muskoka chairs plus 8 other chairs and patio table on dock
- locked shed on dock
- NOTE: motor boat in photos is not available (but will be tied to one side of the dock during rentals and won't impede swimming or boating)
- 2 SUP's
- lifejackets (6 various adult sizes)
- water source is drilled well, potable
- privacy rating is 1-2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on lake
- NOTE: double car garage with walk-in to kitchen, is available to renters
- For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $250 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
Pet allowed upon approval of owner (small dog only, less than 20 lbs), no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 6, bring own linens (king sheets can be provided at a fee if needed) and towels, bring own water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $250 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).