This gorgeous 3000+ sq. ft., 2 level, 5 bedroom cottage sits perched above the pristine shores of Mary Lake, right in the heart of Muskoka. Nestled on 2+ acres of well-treed land, you will arrive at your private end of the lane destination and instantly be drawn into this relaxing oasis, a far (and thankful!) cry from the hectic pace of the city.
The interior of the cottage is meticulously maintained with every attention to detail being paid. Settle into cottage life with all the comforts of home. The bright entrance foyer leads to the living room on one side and the spacious kitchen on the other side with the dining room joining both rooms on the lakeside. All rooms have beautiful tree-top views of the lake through floor to ceiling windows.
Whether lounging around on the comfortable furniture in front of the stone wood-burning fireplace, preparing meals or dining, the peaceful long lake views are always with you. The lake-facing Muskoka room is the perfect room to retreat to for morning coffee and/or after dinner drinks while taking in views of the lake. There is a deck on both sides of the Muskoka room so on warm summer nights open the windows and enjoy the breezy crosswinds.
The generous sized master bedroom is on the main level, facing out to the lake, with its own 4-piece ensuite bathroom, and 2 more spacious bedrooms and a second 4-piece bathroom round out the main level.
The lower walk-out level has 2 more bedrooms, a new 4-piece bathroom, laundry room and a family entertainment room complete with a TV/DVD, DVD library, board games and best of all a billiard table!
With coffee cup in hand, start your mornings on the dock with 200 ft. of waterfront, watching glorious sunrises or enjoying a morning paddle while taking in the serenity of nature at its finest, when the lake is like glass and all you can hear is the haunting call of the loons. Being in a semi-private bay, with 800 ft. of wooded privacy to the left and only one boathouse 100+ ft. to the right, sitting on the dock provides a private oasis.
Mary Lake is a deep, clean lake and the water is over 8ft. deep off the end of the dock (12+ ft. at the raft), with no weeds, all perfect conditions for “dock jumping and swimming to the raft” for hours on end. For avid boaters, rent a boat at nearby Mary Lake Marina and plan for a full day of adventure. The bonus of staying on Mary Lake is being able to explore three other adjoining lakes - Fairy, Vernon, Peninsula, and gaining access to 64 kilometers of boating. You can even boat into the historical town of Huntsville for a day of shopping and dining.
If you’ve had your fill of water adventures there are plenty of spaces throughout the lot and cottage to spread out together or find your own quiet spot while taking in long peaceful views of the lake or venture out to the great hiking trails just steps from the cottage door.
The property is in the heart of the charming village, Port Sydney, with easy access to all that it has to offer: public sand beach with shallow water entry, boat launch, tennis, golf, restaurants, and a general store to get ice cream on a hot, sunny day. Then end your days back at the cottage with a BBQ dinner on the deck and plan for the next day’s adventures.
What more could you ask for? Swimming, sunning and boating all day, with movies, billiards and campfires at night. Rest and repeat!
“A beautiful cottage creating wonderful family memories for us”
“There was room for all to spread out and have a very relaxing vacation”
“Everything was perfect from the cottage to the waterfront and even the weather!”
- 5 bedrooms (main level - king; queen; queen; lower level - queen; 2 singles)
- king sheets can be provided (at a fee if needed)
- fully equipped kitchen
- 2nd large refrigerator in garage
- water cooler (bring own 18L water bottle)
- kitchen island with 3 bar stools
- dining table with 10 chairs
- breakfast table with 4 chairs
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (main level)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (main level - master bedroom ensuite)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (lower level)
- washer/dryer (lower level laundry room)
- ceiling fans (living room, Muskoka room, master bedroom and in one bedroom on the lower level)
- 3 portable fans (for other bedrooms)
- forced-air electric furnace plus baseboard heating on lower level
- wood-burning fireplace - main level living room (bring own wood - firelogs work best)
- wood-burning stove - lower level (not for use)
- 44" TV/DVD - lower level family room
- small library of DVD movies
- board games
- unlimited Wi-Fi
- NO satellite
- billiard table (lower level family room)
- Muskoka room (wicker couch and chair with cushions, chair and 2 rocking chairs)
- long front deck (8 ft. x 44ft.)
- 4 chairs on long front deck
- main deck (16ft. x 18ft.) - Spring 2019, both main deck and long front deck were expanded in 2019 will be expanded with full scenic glass railings for unobstructed lake views
- propane BBQ (3 tanks available)
- large patio dining table and umbrella with 6 chairs plus 2 swivel chairs on main deck
- covered lower level walk-out stone patio
- 4 Muskoka chairs on lower level stone patio
- front porch with 2 Muskoka chairs
- small fire bowl with chairs/benches (bring own wood)
- large u-shaped fixed dock (16ft. x 36ft. at base) with two extensions (12ft. x 30ft. each)
- swim ladder
- 2 Muskoka chairs plus 8 other chairs and patio table on dock
- locked shed on dock
- swim raft with swim ladder
- NOTE: motor boat in photos is not available (but will be tied to one side of the dock during rentals and won't impede swimming or boating)
- 2 SUP's
- lifejackets (10 various adult sizes)
- water source is drilled well, potable
- privacy rating is 1-2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on lake
- NOTE: double car garage with walk-in to kitchen, is available to renters
Pet (small dog) allowed upon approval of owner, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 10, bring own linens (king sheets can be provided at a fee if needed) and towels, bring own water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM.