What a superb property playground for a family vacation! Every desirable amenity one could wish for can be found at this fabulous cottage and its surrounding buildings, table land and waterfront.
With a fairly direct route from Toronto to cottage country, this gem is just kilometers off of HWY 11, tucked into a quiet bay on beautiful Mary Lake. Nestled on an acre of land, there is a 2,400 sq. ft. 3 bedroom main cottage, a large one bedroom Bunkie over the garage, a boathouse with a fabulous deck at the waterfront and even a small A-Frame Bunkie close to the cottage perfect for the younger ones to grab an afternoon nap in.
The interior of the cottage is very open concept with the living/dining/kitchen and screened-in Muskoka room all facing out to the lake. The main living area has soaring pine cathedral ceilings and beautiful engineered wood floors. Large windows abound filling the entire space with soft natural lighting. The gorgeous floor to ceiling stone wood-burning fireplace will be the backdrop for many an evening family gathering and the Muskoka room lends to easy indoor/outdoor living with a wall of windows/sliding doors and great tree top views of the lake. With a combination of modern stainless steel appliances and beautiful granite counters in the kitchen along with tastefully decorated cottage comfortable furnishings throughout, you will feel pampered from the moment you walk in.
The generous sized master bedroom is on the main floor tucked into the back of the cottage with its own 4-piece ensuite bathroom complete with bubble soaker tub and a walk-out to a covered side deck. The upper level has 2 more spacious bedrooms, a 3-piece bathroom and a loft den.
With a southeast exposure, enjoy sun on the boathouse deck from early morning to mid-afternoon. The long and wide open panoramic views from here are breathe-taking. Read and relax for hours on end or take out the canoe or kayak and explore the tranquil bay.
The entire family can spread out on the large L-shaped deck for any or all meals then head down to the flat grassy area and partake in a selection of summer games provided for your enjoyment.
After a delicious BBQ dinner take a short walk to the town of Port Sydney for ice cream while strolling along the public beach. Once back at the cottage gather around the amazing fire pit or grab a seat and a beverage at the nearby Tiki bar and cheers to another great day in paradise!
4 bedrooms in total:
- Main Cottage
- 3 bedrooms (main level - king; upper level - queen; queen and single/single bunk bed)
- fully equipped kitchen
- microwave/convection oven
- dining room table with 8 chairs
- breakfast table with 4 chairs
- kitchen island and 3 bar stools
- bar fridge in kitchen island
- NO telephone
- great cell phone reception
- 1 - 2 piece bathroom (main level)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (main level - master bedroom ensuite)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (upper level)
- washer/dryer in laundry room
- ceiling fans in living room and all bedrooms
- forced-air electric furnace
- air-conditioning/geothermal system
- fireplace - main level living room (some wood available)
- 26" monitor with built in DVD player (loft den)
- NO satellite
- unlimited Wi-Fi
- board games
- screened-in Muskoka Room
- deck (15ft. x 30ft.)
- propane BBQ
- outdoor furniture (patio dining table with umbrella and 6 chairs and wicker lounge furniture)
- Garage Bunkie
- open bedroom (2 single beds; single bed with single trundle)
- electric baseboard heating
- portable floor fans
- bar fridge
- coffee maker
- DVD player
- 3 piece bathroom
- balcony deck
- A-Frame Bunkie
- 2 twin cots
- Surrounding Grounds
- outdoor fire pit with grill (some wood available) on stone patio
- 6 Muskoka chairs around the fire pit
- outdoor Tiki bar with 5 bar stools and bar fridge
- bean bag toss
- bocce ball
- boat house dock (wood rocking chair and bench)
- slip available
- swim ladder
- boathouse deck (4 Muskoka chairs and 2 loungers)
- 2 kayaks
- lily pad
- lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- water source is drilled well, filtered, potable
- privacy rating is 1-2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on lake
Pet allowed upon approval of owner, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 12, bring own linens and towels, bring own water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM.
Check in 3 pm and check out 11 am