Welcome to this lovely 1,800 sq. ft. classic cottage country retreat located on peaceful Myers Lake. True Muskoka waterfront living, as one rarely finds a cottage closer to the water without being in it! Nestled on a half-acre of land, every inch of the property offers nuggets of tranquil places to escape to any time of day. From the “Fairy Garden” to the tree-top lake-view fire pit to the lakeside deck/dock with over 100 feet of waterfrontage, there is something for everyone.
The interior of the cottage is uniquely laid out with all main living spaces virtually on top of the water. The central living room is two steps down from the kitchen with large picture windows across the entire front looking out to the lake with a separate dining room to one side with a walk-out to the deck and a screened-in Muskoka room to the other side with its own walk-out to the deck. The master bedroom, with its own ensuite bathroom, also faces out to the lake via the Muskoka room and the second main level bedroom is just across the way from the master bedroom, tucked into the back of the cottage lending to a shaded cool night’s rest.
The upper level will become the kids play and rest haven, especially on inclement days, as there is a generous sized bedroom with two sets of bunks and a futon, a semi-ensuite bathroom and a large family room with a library of books and movies for the TV’s DVD along with a foosball table and an air hockey table. Needless to say this is an ideal arrangement for both adults and kids as the younger ones can take over the entire upper level while the adults can enjoy the quieter lakeside living space on the main level.
Step out onto the deck to bask in the warm sun for hours on end and shallow dive into the refreshing lake water to cool off as the lake is about 6 feet deep off of the front of the deck. Or there is a beach area for children. With an abundance of non-motorized water toys to choose from, head out onto the lake and try your hand at quieter paddling in the canoe, kayak or paddleboat and for those with a strong core and steady balance, take the stand up paddle board for a ride.
After a long day of fun in the sun, enjoy a BBQ dinner followed by marshmallow roasting up at the fire pit and then settle back down at the waterfront, favourite beverage in hand, and watch the front row glorious sunset show!!
PREVIOUS RENTERS' COMMENTS: "Thank you for sharing your slice of paradise with us!! We had the most wonderful week at your beautiful cottage. We have stayed at many cottages in the past and this is by far the best cottage week we have ever experienced. We really enjoyed a fire on the dock by the water and spent many hours kayaking and paddle boarding on your clean warm lake."
- 4 bedrooms (main level - queen; queen; upper level - queen; 2 sets of single bunks)
- fully equipped updated kitchen
- keurig coffee maker
- breakfast bar with 2 bar stools
- dining room table with 6+2 chairs
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (upper ensuite)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (main level master bedroom ensuite)
- 1 - 2 piece bathroom (main level)
- NO washer/dryer
- electric baseboard heating
- ceiling fans (master bedroom and Muskoka room)
- portable stand up fans (living room and family room)
- wood stove (some wood available)
- TV/DVD (upper level family room)
- VHS player
- CD player
- NO satellite
- Wi-Fi ((limited data, no streaming or downloading)
- library of books
- library of DVD's
- air hockey table
- foosball table
- screened-in Muskoka room (wicker table, loveseat and chairs set; 2 breakfast tables with 8 plastic chairs)
- deck/dock (16ft. x 30ft.)
- swim ladder
- propane BBQ (new)
- chiminea on deck/dock
- outdoor furniture on deck/dock (lounge chair and 4 Muskoka chairs)
- outdoor fire pit (some wood available)
- 6 adult plastic Muskoka chairs and 2 children's plastic Muskoka chairs at fire pit
- 2 adult kayaks
- 2 children kayaks
- stand up paddle board
- lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- water source is lake, UV filtered, potable (not recommended for drinking)
- water cooler
- privacy rating is 2-3 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- NO public boat launch on the lake
Pet upon approval of owner, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 8, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM.
Check in 4 pm and check out 10 am