Welcome to the Lakehouse!
This lovely 4-season, 2,000 sq. ft., 2 level, 3 bedroom cottage is nestled on a half acre of land on the tranquil shores of Palette Lake. Palette Lake is in the shape of (you guessed it!) a paint palette and this property is ideally located at the quiet end of the lake, a place to visit for peacefulness and nature.
The interior of the cottage is meticulously maintained, tastefully decorated with comfortable furnishings throughout and is warm and inviting with an abundance of windows bringing in soft ambient lighting. One of the owner's favourite features in the open concept kitchen/dining/living room is the glistening water reflections off the living room ceiling during the summer months.
The 2 levels are well laid out for the family to share a common gathering space for meal prepping and dining on the main level, but for relaxing and sleeping there are family entertainment areas, bedrooms and bathrooms on both levels.
Start your days off on the deck with your morning cup of coffee and sink into the serenity of your surroundings while taking in unobstructed lake views through the invisirail glass railings. There are plenty of birds to watch along with sassy red squirrels and ambitious chipmunks who enjoy being fed (bring some peanuts with you and by the end of the week, they may be eating out of the palm of your hands!). In the winter, the deer have created a super highway through the snow down to the lake and can often be seen from the lakeside bedroom, usually only steps away.
Head down to the dock and 80 feet of natural shoreline and enjoy sunshine from late morning to sunset in the summer months. The young ones will enjoy catch and release fishing for sunfish and small mouth bass right off the dock. With kayaks, a canoe and a stand-up paddle board at your disposal, be sure to get out on the water and explore the lake, especially in the morning when the lake is at its calmest. Walk into the water from the shore or jump off the end of the dock and swim out to the swim raft to lounge or have a raft war with the kids.
For day trips, the historic town of Huntsville is a short drive away, with quaint shops to explore on Main Street and a wide selection of cafes and restaurants to choose from. Arrowhead Provincial Park is minutes away and offers a famous skating trail as well as cross country skiing, snowshoeing and hiking. For longer trips, Algonquin Park, has an abundance of things to do year round.
After a long day of fun in the sun, relax in the large bathtub for spa soaking or a bubble bath for the children, have a BBQ dinner on the deck and then gather round the fire pit for marshmallow roasting while planning for your next days adventures!
- 3 bedrooms (main level - king; lower level - queen; double and single)
- king sheets will be supplied
- covered duvets/pillows
- fully equipped kitchen
- drip coffee maker (pod compatible)
- dining table with 6 chairs
- Lakeland Internet VOIP telephone (local/Canada/USA calls only)
- some cell phone reception
- 1- 4 piece bathroom (main level)
- 1- 3 piece bathroom (lower level)
- washer/dryer (lower level)
- oil forced-air furnace
- wood stove (main level living room - some wood available)
- 50" Smart TV with digital TV and Apple TV for Netflix (main level living room)
- Bose soundbar for TV (Bluetooth compatible)
- 46" Smart TV with Apple TV and DVD player (lower level family room)
- unlimited Lakeland Fibre Wi-Fi (up to 1000 Mbps)
- games, books and small library of DVD's
- deck (12ft. x 20ft.)
- patio dining table with 8 chairs on deck
- umbrella with LED lights
- propane BBQ (2 tanks available)
- outdoor fire pit (some wood available)
- 2 Muskoka chairs and armour stone bolders at fire pit
- dock (8ft. x 16ft.)
- umbrella with LED lights
- swim ladder
- swim raft
- 2 Muskoka chairs, lounger and stand-up umbrella on dock
- 2 Muskoka chairs on lower level patio
- 1 swing bench under deck
- 2 kayaks
- 1 canoe
- 2 stand-up paddle boards
- paddles provided with all watercraft
- adult lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- water source lake, sediment/carbon filters and UV light filter, potable
- privacy rating is 2-3 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- NO public boat launch on the lake (NOT suitable for sea-doos or skiboats)
- For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $175 + HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling)
No pets, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 6, bring own linens (king sheets will be supplied) and towels, noise restriction after 11 PM.
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $175 + HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling)