True privacy in Muskoka! Escape to the serenity of this beautiful log cabin nestled along 1365 feet of stunning shoreline on Prospect Lake surrounded by 26 private acres of natural beauty. This charming 3-season cottage offers a warm and welcoming ambiance with rustic décor, perfect for those people who want to escape back to nature.
Welcome to this wonderful 1,500 sq. ft., 2 level, 4 bedroom classic cottage perched above the tranquil shores of Prospect Lake. Prospect Lake offers the best of both worlds. The cottage is on the quiet side of the lake out of view of the public beach and boat launch. The lake is 69 hectares with a maximum depth 20 meters. Perfect for smaller motor boats, water skiing, fishing and other water sports.
You enter the property via the 2km, one lane true country road and driveway. The interior of this 3 season cottage is a wonderful mix of old and new. In the renovation, the owners wanted to maintain the classic Muskoka cabin feel with chinked log walls, wood beamed ceilings and refurbished large plank wood floors while brightening it up by painting the wood ceilings and accent walls white. Modern light fixtures and leather couches, combined with a large harvest dining table, wood stove and cottage country décor accents, make the open concept living/dining room warm and inviting.
As in days gone by, the kitchen is tucked into the back just off of the dining room but has been completely renovated with modern stainless steel appliances, white wood cabinets and a large apron kitchen sink. Rounding out the main floor is a bedroom, tucked into the shaded back lending to a great nights sleep, and a renovated 3-piece bathroom with a large walk-in glass shower complete with a rain shower head.
The upper level has three more tastefully appointed bedrooms with the spacious master bedroom facing out to the lake, 2 fun sleeping alcoves for the younger children to take an afternoon nap in/on and a 2-piece bathroom. All bedrooms are equipped with fans and space heaters to accommodate all types of weather.
Off of the main living area is a large screened-in Muskoka room allowing for plenty of room for the family to spread out and keep themselves entertained playing cards or board games or just reading a long overdue novel. The best feature of a Muskoka Room is the ability to still feel one with nature even on inclement days and during the twilight hour you can relax here bug free!
Once out into the great outdoors, there are a variety of places to choose from to either bask in the sun or read in the shade. There is a large lakeside deck off of the Muskoka room, as well as a second lower deck on the way down to the dock and waterfront.
The view of the lake is possibly best-enjoyed from the dock with coffee in the morning or cocktails in the evening, its a great place to bookend your day. With a kayak, a paddleboard, a canoe and a rowboat at your disposal, be sure to get out onto the lake and explore, especially early in the morning when the water is its calmest. For avid anglers, walleye, large mouth bass, rock bass and rainbow trout might be your catch of the day for dinner!
If you can tear yourself away from the cottage, head into Bracebridge or Gravenhurst for shopping, dining and entertainment. Gravenhurst has a remarkable Farmer’s Market (open from 9am to 2pm every Wednesday in the summer) down by the Muskoka Wharf. There is no end to the activities offered in this area; golfing, hiking, go-carts, mini-golf, scenic boat cruises, even sea-plane tours and for the little ones be sure to visit Santa’s Village.
However you spend your days, once back at the cottage enjoy a BBQ dinner on the deck, relax with after dinner beverages in the Muskoka room or on the dock and end your nights around the fire pit taking in the abundance of stars in the night’s sky.
Please note: Given the thick forest and trees, the owners have treated the property with a natural by-product of the chrysanthemum flower to help guests enjoy the outside and to mitigate mosquito activity. Additionally, the drive in from the main road to the cottage is about 5 minutes and can be bumpy and has rough gravel patches.
- 4 bedrooms (main level - queen; upper level - queen; double; double - all brand new mattresses)
- 2 children's beds (upper level hall alcove and master bedroom alcove)
- fully equipped kitchen
- water cooler (you will need to bring your own jug)
- drip coffee maker
- dining room table with 8 chairs
- NO telephone
- some cell phone reception
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (main level)
- 1 - 2 piece bathroom (upper level)
- washer/dryer (master bedroom closet - not currently shown in photos)
- wood stove (living room - some wood available)
- electric heating in main level bathroom and space heaters in bedrooms
- portable fans in master bedroom and main level bedroom
- 32” TV (living room)
- 32” TV (upper level master bedroom)
- Bell expressvu
- Wi-Fi (unlimited) DSL connection not sufficient for downloading movies or games
- good selection of board games
- large screened-in Muskoka room
- 2 wicker couches with cushions and wicker breakfast table with 4 chairs in Muskoka room
- large main deck
- propane BBQ
- charcoal BBQ
- patio dining table with 4 chairs on the main deck
- 2nd deck
- 2 plastic chairs and table on 2nd deck
- dock (12ft. x12ft.)
- NO swim ladder
- 6 zero gravity chairs at dock
- portable fire pit (some wood available- under the house)
- adult lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- water source is lake, UV filtered, potable
- privacy rating is 1-2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on lake
- One pet upon owner approval - $75 + HST
- The detailed cleaning is included at the end of your stay (you are expected to leave the cottage neat & tidy and remove all of your garbage & recyclables)
One pet upon approval - $75 + HST, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 8, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM.
The detailed cleaning is included at the end of your stay (you are expected to leave the cottage neat & tidy and remove all of your garbage & recyclables)
Check in 4 pm and check out 11 am