Tucked into 1.7 acres of well treed land, this lovely 3 bedroom cottage sits perched on a hill overlooking pristine Rebecca Lake. With only a few other cottages in this bay, needless to say you will be spoilt by this tranquil privacy and over 400 feet of water frontage.
The main level of the cottage is bright and inviting with an open concept kitchen/living/dining area and a wall of large picture windows framing beautiful expansive tree top views of the lake. Whether preparing meals, dining indoors or relaxing with a post dinner beverage in the living room, you will be able to take in the fabulous views.
Step out onto the large deck for outdoor dining, morning, noon or night, and enjoy the open views of the lake from there that seem to go on forever!
The upper level consists of a 2-piece bathroom and 2 bedrooms, with the master bedroom having a picturesque tree top view of the lake through the sliding glass doors leading to its own private deck. An office with a pull-out couch and a 4-piece bathroom are on the main level with a family room and 2 single beds on the lower level.
The owners love to start their mornings on the dock, loading up a tray (the tray left for you sits on top of the fridge) with coffee, some fruit and books and spend early mornings reading, watching the fish jump and listening to the birds.
With an east exposure, enjoy glorious sunrises (pink and blue mixed with a green reflection on the lake, making sunrises unforgettable) from the deck and dock and sun stays on the deck to early afternoon and lingers longer on the dock as it stretches out onto the lake. Needless to say, the dock will be the chosen daytime relaxing spot to soak up the rays, read and swim.
For more adventurous days, kayak around the islands and through the canal to the west side of Rebecca Lake. The west side of the lake provides tall cliffs that tower out of the water. Once you are through the canal, keep your eyes peeled for a rope on the left-hand side (heading west) and you can swing from the cliff into the water. For a full day, continue on and take the kayaks under the bridge into Bella Lake. Head east toward the large island and once you're past it, keep your eyes peeled to the left for the bridge. Bella Lake has a sandy beach at the far end for relaxing and a picnic. If you're lucky, you might even see a turtle!
For land outings, hiking trails are at the end of the Fieldale road that lead to a bridge over a stream and into the woods. You are also very close to Limberlost Reserve for hiking and have great quiet roads for mountain biking.
The historic town of Huntsville is conveniently close for quick errands or spend the day checking out its quaint Main Street with shops of every kind and a wide selection of cafés and restaurants. For longer day trips head into Arrowhead Park or Algonquin Park.
End your nights, back at the cottage, watching the moon shine on the water surrounded by a sky filled with stars, don’t you think it’s time to leave the mayhem of the city and settle into a long deserved cottage country escape?!
- 3 bedrooms (upper level - king; double; lower level - 2 single beds in family room)
- king sheets will be supplied
- pull-out couch in main level office
- fully equipped kitchen
- NO dishwasher
- dining room table with 4 chairs + bench
- some cell phone reception
- 1 - 2 piece bathroom (upper level)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (main level)
- washer/dryer (lower level - not shown in photos)
- electric baseboard heating
- ceiling fans in bedrooms
- fireplace in living room photos is not available for use
- propane wood stove (lower level family room)
- 50" TV (lower level family room)
- DVD player
- Wi-Fi (unlimited)
- speakers with an auxillary cable for laptop
- master bedroom deck (5ft. x 14ft.)
- 2 chairs on master bedroom deck
- L- shaped deck (10ft. x 37ft. x 21ft.)
- propane BBQ
- patio dining table with 6 chairs and an umbrella and 4 lounge chairs and a stand-up heater on deck
- outdoor fire pit (bring own wood)
- benches at fire pit
- lakeside deck
- 2 seater swing chair on deck
- dock (6ft. x 62ft. and 12ft. x 20ft.)
- 5 Muskoka chairs on dock
- fire bowl on dock not for use
- swim ladder
- 4 kayaks
- lifejackets (some. various sizes)
- water source is lake, filtered, potable
- privacy rating is 1 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- NO boat launch on lake (boat launch on Bella Lake)
- For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $250 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
Pet up on approval by owner.No smoking, maximum number of occupants is 6, bring own linens (king sheets will be supplied) and towels, bring own drinking water, noise restriction after 11 PM.
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $250 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).