Welcome to this beautiful 2,900 sq. ft., 2 level, 5 bedroom cottage on the tranquil shores of Shadow River just at the mouth of ever-popular Lake Rosseau. This is the perfect family get away offering plenty of space, both inside and outside, for the whole family to enjoy!
The interior of the cottage is warm and inviting with rich wood flooring throughout the main level and although just built in the 1990’s, it has the familiar layout of cottages from days gone by. Meticulously maintained, each and every room is tastefully decorated with comfortable cottage country chic furnishings and décor accents.
The main level has 2 separate living areas, for family gatherings and entertainment, with the open concept kitchen/dining room located in between. The kitchen has all the modern conveniences of home, with plenty of counter space for prepping meals and the dining room faces out to the deck offering peaceful views of the river through glass French doors that can also be opened to welcome in summer breezes while dining.
One of the best features of the cottage and rarely found in cottages, is that each of the 5 spacious bedrooms have their own ensuite bathrooms. There is one bedroom on the main floor, ideal for elderly grandparents visiting, and the upper level has the 4 remaining bedrooms with 2 of the bedrooms having walk-outs to small private decks, the lake facing master bedroom being one of them.
Start your mornings off with a hot coffee or iced mocha, sitting on the wrap-around covered deck and wonder at the amazing water views created by the constantly changing reflected light. The owners always have peanuts ready for the chipmunks who at this point are basically domesticated, waiting at your feet, or if you want, will climb up onto your lap and take a peanut from your hand.
The owners fell in love with the cottage and this location because being at the mouth of the Shadow River and Lake Rosseau gave them options when heading out onto the water. One day you could choose to paddle upstream into the tranquil and winding Shadow River to explore the untouched landscape that goes on for several kilometers. Other days you can paddle south into Lake Rosseau, and in a few minutes be at the Rosseau Waterfront Park with a public beach and swimming area which has a swim platform that they frequent with their dog to play fetch off of the floating dock. For avid boaters, rent or bring a boat and quickly ease out onto wide-open Lake Rosseau and its equally famous connecting lakes (Lake Joseph and Lake Muskoka).
If you choose to stay on the dock, a stone’s throw across the river is a forested area, where some days you can see the family of deer foraging in the grass. On the shoreline, you may see a Great Blue Heron perched silently looking for fish, and if you’re up early enough, see the beaver who swims by in the morning, then back again in the afternoon.
It is a must to take a short 2 minute drive or 10 minute walk into the quaint village of Rosseau, especially on a summer Friday, and enjoy the Farmer's Market at the boat launch and park. Afterwords, treat your self to lunch at Crossroads, where delicious fine dining meets casual friendly service. Dropping into "The Rosseau General Store" is always fun, Today Magazine refers to it as "an eclectic emporium where you can find just about anything you could reasonably want, a village Wal-Mart but with infinitely more character". So much to do, so little time...so what are you waiting for?
- 5 bedrooms (main level - queen; upper level - queen; double; 2 doubles; 3 singles)
- need to bring sheets, pillowcases, duvet covers, towels and ktichen linens
- fully equipped kitchen
- drip coffee maker
- water cooler (1-18L bottles will be provided)
- dining room table with 6+2 chairs
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (main level - bedroom ensuite)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (main level)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (upper level - bedroom ensuite)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (upper level - bedroom ensuite)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (upper level - bedroom ensuite)
- 1 - 5 piece bathroom (upper level - master bedroom ensuite)
- washer/dryer (main level closet - currently not shown in photos)
- electric baseboard heating
- ceiling fans (entrance foyer, den sitting room, living room and in 3 bedrooms)
- fireplace (den sitting room - not available for use)
- 30" TV (den sitting room)
- DVD player
- small library of DVD's
- 50" TV (living room)
- NO satellite
- Bell DSL - Netflix and Prime included
- unlimited Wi-Fi
- wrap-around covered deck
- propane BBQ
- 8 Muskoka chairs on covered deck
- round picnic table with umbrella on lawn
- fire pit (bring own wood)
- 5 plastic chairs at fire pit
- dock (main platform 12ft. x 20ft.)
- swim ladder
- 4 Muskoka chairs and a stand-up umbrella on dock
- 2 adult kayaks
- 2 kids kayaks
- adult lifejacket (some, various sizes)
- water source well, 3-stage filter, potable
- privacy rating is 3 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on lake
- For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $350 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
Pet upon approval, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 10, bring own linens, duvet covers and towels, bring own drinking water (1-18L bottles will be provided), noise restriction after 11 PM.
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $350 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).