Perched above the peaceful shores of Shoe Lake, this fabulous Muskoka property and gorgeous cottage are primed to create family memories to last a lifetime. Whatever experience your family is looking for, this is the place to make it a reality!
There are three separate buildings on the property that make it ideal for a large family or 2 small families. The main 2,200 sq. ft., 2 level, 3 bedroom cottage is at the end of the long driveway, with a spacious garage Bunkie just a few hundred feet behind it and a lakeside Bunkie at the water’s edge.
As you step into the main cottage and into the impressive open concept kitchen/dining/living area, you will immediately be drawn into beautiful tree-top views of the lake from a wall of floor to cathedral ceiling windows. Each and every room in the entire cottage is tastefully decorated with great attention to detail, creating a warm, inviting and comfortable environment.
The kitchen has all the modern conveniences of home, with plenty of counter space for prepping meals and the stunning floor to ceiling stone wood-burning fireplace will be a great backdrop on cooler evenings for family gatherings while dining or just relaxing with after dinner drinks.
The generous-sized screen-in Muskoka room is always a bonus feature at any cottage as it can be enjoyed rain or shine without feeling like you are missing out on the great outdoors. And speaking of the great outdoors, this property has so much to offer with so many areas to choose from to stretch out and relax!
From the main level of the cottage there is a direct walk-out to an expansive deck and the garage Bunkie also has its own deck, great spots to start your mornings off with coffee while taking in the peaceful views out to the lake. Then head down to the waterfront for close-up breathtaking panoramic views of the lake. There is a large lakeside stone patio providing shade and a large L-shaped dock that has plenty of room for the family to soak up the sunshine. Being in a quiet bay makes it ideal to get out on the water for a paddle, especially in the morning when the lake is at its calmest.
For a quick and easy day trip experience the charming and historic town of Dorset. It sits on the shores of Lake of Bays and has a wonderful waterfront restaurant, a park, ice cream parlours, cafes, quaint shops, an LCBO and tour the over 100 year old one family owned Robinsons General Store. A must visit is the famous Dorset Lookout Tower which stands at 465 feet and gives you an unimaginable and stunning 360 degree view of Lake of Bays. The historic town of Huntsville is about a 50 minute drive away where you can catch a movie on Main street, grab a steak or seafood dinner at "3 Guys and a Stove" or indulge in a massage at Deerhurst Resort.
No day is complete though without roasting marshmallows around the fire pit and with a west exposure, head down to the dock and take in the glorious sunsets while listening to the haunting call of the loons, welcome to cottage life at its best!
NEWLY LISTED - October 2019
5 bedrooms in total:
- Main Cottage
- 3 bedrooms (main level - queen; upper level - 2 doubles; 2 singles)
- lakeside bunkie with covered deck (2 singles)
- bed linens
- fully equipped kitchen
- Kuerig coffee maker (bring own pods)
- water cooler (1 -18L bottles will be provided)
- kitchen counter and 4 bar stools
- dining room table with 8 chairs
- NO telephone
- some cell phone reception
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (main level)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (upper level)
- washer/dryer (main level laundry room)
- ceiling fans in living room and bedrooms
- forced-air electric furnace
- back-up generator
- fireplace - main level living room (some wood available)
- 40" TV/DVD (main level living room)
- Wi-Fi (unlimited)
- screened-in Muskoka room
- wicker couch and 2 chairs with cushions in Muskoka room
- deck (650 sq. ft.)
- propane BBQ on deck
- patio dining table with 8 chairs and 4 Muskoka chairs on deck
- Garage Bunkie
- 1 bed (queen)
- bed linens
- fully equipped kitchen
- Tassimo coffee maker
- dining table with 2 benches
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom
- deck (400 sq. ft.)
- 2 Muskoka chairs on deck
- Surrounding Grounds
- outdoor fire bowl by cottage (some wood available)
- outdoor fire bowl by lakeside bunkie (some wood available)
- benches and picnic table at fire bowl
- L-shaped dock (8ft. x 18ft. and 6ft. x 8ft. and 8ft. x 12ft.)
- 3 Muskoka chairs on dock
- swim ladder
- NOTE: boat in photos is not available for use
- 4 Muskoka chairs and 3 loungers at lakeside
- 2 Muskoka chairs on lakeside bunkie deck
- lily pad
- 2 kayaks
- lifejackets (some, various adult sizes)
- water source is lake, uv filtered, potable
- privacy rating is 2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on lake
Pet upon approval of owner, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 10, bed linens are provided, bring own towels, bring own drinking water if preferred (1 -18L bottles will be provided), noise restriction after 11 PM.
Check in 4 pm and check out 10 am