Welcome to this fabulous 3,800 sq. ft., 3 level, 6 bedroom cottage nestled on the shores of spring-fed Skeleton Lake. The property has been in the owner’s family since 1944 and every family sharing the road have been cottagers for several generations, providing a larger sense of family!
The cottage was designed and rebuilt by the current owners in 2004 with great attention to detail, while maintaining the warmth of casual Muskoka luxury. Their focus was on leveraging the main level for entertaining and the upper and lower levels for bedrooms.
The sprawling main level has an easy flow from the front foyer to the kitchen, dining room, living room and family room. With a wall of floor to ceiling windows facing out to the lake, the vista is breath-taking. The cottage was designed so that you could enjoy the views of the lake, nature and the landscape from every room while offering subtle elegance and supreme comfort. With vaulted pine ceilings, large 8” hardwood floors and a stunning double-sided stone wood-burning fireplace, this open concept living space will be the main gathering area for the entire family whether prepping meals, dining or just relaxing. The kitchen offers plenty for the chef in you, designed with a gas cooktop, microwave unit, dishwasher and a full range of quality appliances. The Muskoka room is just off of the kitchen and is a great spot to retreat to with after dinner drinks or to play traditional cottage board games.
The entire upper level is dedicated to your 2 master bedrooms, with 4-piece ensuites and are situated on opposite sides of the cottage offering great privacy. Each master bedroom boasts cathedral ceilings, wall mounted TV’s and expansive views of the lake.
The lower level has it all and is one of the many reasons why this cottage is well equipped for hosting large families. Here you’ll find the perfect place to relax after a day outside. Enjoy the large comfy seating area with a beautiful granite fireplace, this one being gas, so easy to start with the touch of a button and the in-floor radiant heating will take the chill off on those cooler nights. The kids will most certainly love the 100” Projection TV for watching their favourite movies in the evening. 4 bedrooms, a fitness room and a 3-piece bathroom round out the lower level.
This amazing property provides enjoyment all year round with something special for each and every season. During the summer THE place to gather will be on the deck or on the dock. Facing Crown land, your view is unimpeded by other cottages, but rather by a mixture of maple and pines.
The extensive waterfront deck and dock will prove to be a great spot for the entire family to spread out and relax. There is a sandy shallow beach at the water’s edge, ideal for children and families of all ages. Being located on Semolean Bay, it is a very quiet area of the lake, almost like a small lake within the bigger Skeleton Lake and on still evenings, one can often hear the sounds of the waterfalls across the bay.
With a west exposure, end your days on the large cottage deck with a BBQ dinner and then gather round the fire pit to enjoy stunning “red Muskoka sunsets” that will be engrained in your heart forever!
- 6 bedrooms (upper level - king; king; lower level - king; queen; queen; double/double bunk bed)
- all linens provided for all beds
- all bath towels provided
- large, fully equipped kitchen
- oven and gas range
- 2nd full size fridge in main level laundry room
- built-in microwave
- dining room table with 8 chairs
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (upper level - 1st master bedroom ensuite)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (upper level - 2nd master bedroom ensuite)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (main level)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (lower level)
- washer/dryer in main level laundry room
- radiant floor heating in basement
- ceiling fans in all main rooms and both upper level master bedrooms
- automatic back-up generator
- double sided wood-burning fireplace (main level between the living area and dining and kitchen area)
- high definition TV with DVD player (living room)
- unlimited wifi
- glassed in Muskoka Room with ceiling fan, access to deck, (couch, 5 sitting chairs, love seat)
- deck (15ft. x 40ft.)
- wicker dining table with 8 chairs and wicker couches and chairs with cushions on deck
- propane BBQ
- outdoor fire pit (some wood available)
- 4 Muskoka chairs at fire pit
- lakeside deck (14ft. x 45ft.)
- picnic table on akeside deck
- dock (10ft. x 40ft.)
- swim ladder
- 4 Muskoka chairs and wicker love seat with cushions on dock
- (NOTE: boat and sea-doo in photos are not available for use)
- 2 kayaks
- lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- water source is drilled well, filtered, potable
- privacy rating is 1-2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on lake
- Waterfront Bunkie
- NOTE: interior photos not currently shown
- couch with pull out bed
- bar fridge
- For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $300 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
Pet upon approval, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 10, bring own beach towels (all linens and bath towels provided), bring own drinking water if preferred. Noise restriction after 11 PM.
Check in 4 pm Check out 10am
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $300 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
With this cottage there is a mandatory $2,000 security deposit upon booking.