Welcome to Mar Vista - Cape Cod in Muskoka!
This beautiful cottage boasts wonderful pine cathedral ceilings with floor to ceiling windows to attain a fantastic view out over the lake. The pine decor and wood floors give this elegant cottage that modern cottage feel that will satisfy the most discerning taste. Enjoy countless hours out on the main deck with family and friends as you bask in the sunshine and take in the cottage life. Lounge in the new glassed-in gazebo overlooking the lake. The yard is level in front of the cottage with a set of steps leading you down from the yard to the waterfront. Here you will enjoy swimming in the crystal clear water of Walker Lake. With a southern exposure, you can enjoy sun on the dock all day long as the kids splash and play. The bottom here drops off fairly quickly and with the shoreline kept in it's natural state the best swimming is normally from the dock.
Inside, you'll find the cottage is meticulously finished and well appointed. The kitchen is spacious and open with a walkout to the deck and a breakfast table while the living room provides plenty of room to sit back and relax with a good book or watch TV. The master bedroom is in the upper level where you'll also find the room for the kids play area and sleeping quarters. Each of the bedrooms are spacious with plenty of storage room for your things.
Great proximity to golf, shopping, dining and entertainment. You are 15 minutes from Huntsville and 10min drive to Deerhurst and Grandview.
Come and enjoy the quieter side of cottaging on this magnificent lake where there is a 12km/hr speed restriction to ensure that you aren't overwhelmed with the hustle and bustle sometimes found on other lakes.
We just wanted to take the time to thank you for allowing us to use your beautiful cottage. Everything was immaculate and a perfect back drop to help us relax and unwind. Walker Lake is truly a special place and "Mar Vista" will hold a dear place in our hearts.....
- 5 Bedrooms (Main level - Queen; Queen; Queen; Upper level - Queen; Double, twin )
- Pillows and Blankets/Duvets Provided
- toddler high chair (Stokke)
- 2 Ceiling Fans in 2 Main Floor Bedrooms
- 3 Portable Fans in 3rd Main Floor Bedroom and 2 Upstairs Bedrooms
- 1 Wall Mounted Fan for open living & dining area
- Fully equipped Chef’s Kitchen
- Regular Drip Coffee Maker, Kettle
- Fridge, Freezer, Cooktop, Oven
- Convection Toaster Oven, Toaster
- Water Cooler (bring own 18L water jugs)
- 2-piece bathroon (Main level)
- 4-piece bathroom (Main level)
- 4-piece bathroom (Upper level)
- Laundry Facilities (Miele Washing Machine and Dryer), clothes hanger inside/outside
- Unlmitied Internet (not reliable)
- Telephone (local calls only)
- Good Cell phone reception
- TV with HDMI
- TV without HDMI
- Blue Ray Player, DVD player
- Stereo player
- Ipod docking station
- Board Games, Kid’s toys, Play Kitchen, Diverse Outdoor Toys
- Weber BBQ (direct connect to propane BBQ)
- Deck (12 ft x 40 ft)
- Patio Furniture (large picnic table & Muskoka chairs & teak lounge chairs)
- Additional large deck with Muskoka chairs & table at water’s edge overlooking lake
- Dock (8 ft x 20 ft) plus additional dock platform
- Dock Furniture
- Dock Swim Ladder
- Swim platform
- Detached 3-Season Muskoka Room with patio set
- Canoe (1)
- Kayak (3)
- Paddleboat (1)
- Lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- Forced Air Propane Heating, Electric Baseboard Heating, Fireplace (propane)
- NO air-conditioning
- Tesla powerwall (will cover most of the cottages electrical needs during a power outage)
- Parking Spaces (5)
- Cleaning Supplies
- Starter Supplies of Paper Products
- Water Source is Lake (UV treated, filtered, potable)
- Privacy Rating is 2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- Boat launch on lake (note: 12km/hr speed limit on lake)
- For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $150 plus HSTadded to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
No pets, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 10, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water, noise restriction after 11 PM.
Entire lake has a 12 km/hr speed restriction.
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $150 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
Check in 4 pm and check out 10 am