NEWLY LISTED - March 2020
Welcome to this wonderful home away from home in the heart of the ever popular Muskokas! This lovely 2,400 sq. ft.,2 level, 4 bedroom cottage is nestled on a half-acre of land perched above peaceful Waseosa Lake.
The cottage has an ideal layout with bedrooms, bathrooms and living areas on both levels, providing plenty of room for the entire family to spread out and relax. The interior design and décor is a combination of warm and cozy in the main level living room and lower level family room, bright and cheerful in the bedrooms and sleek and modern in the kitchen. A bonus at any cottage is a Muskoka room and this one not only has one, but has two, one on each level!
Start your mornings off with breakfast on the main level deck while taking in beautiful tree-top views out to the lake. Stairs take you from the deck, past a colourful rock garden to a level granite patio complete with a fire pit and a manmade pond with a soothing waterfall feature and lily pads for the frogs. From here a gradual stone pathway takes you to a short set of stairs down to an expansive dock and 145 feet of natural waterfront. The long lake view from here is exquisite with a wind swept “Algonquin Park-like” island just across the bay.
The lake is known as a pristine lake with no public boat launch access, so boat traffic is minimal. Being a smaller lake, the clear, clean water warms up well with great swimming off the dock. You are also located in a bay, which often lends to calmer waters making it ideal for early morning paddling. For longer adventures, take a kayak trip and your lunch down to Blueberry Island or circumnavigate Treasure Island.
For avid anglers, bring a fishing rod as you are directly beside the actual “Fish Rock”, after which the cottage road was named. For exercise enthusiasts, enjoy the many nearby kilometres of hiking trails on foot or on your mountain bike.
For a short day trip, venture into the historic town of Huntsville and check out its quaint Main Street with shops of every kind, a wide selection of cafés and restaurants and a great public park for the kids just off of Main Street. For longer day trips visit well renowned Algonquin Park, just an hour’s drive away.
Whether you spend your days on the water or exploring the town and surrounding landmarks, end your days with a BBQ dinner on the deck, then take your favourite after dinner beverage and settle in around the fire pit while watching spectacular Waseosa sunsets. There is nothing more amazing in cottage country, than listening to the haunting call of the loons while watching the night sky fill with a blanket of stars, magical!
NEWLY LISTED - March 2020
- 4 bedrooms (main level - queen; lower level - queen; queen; single)
- fully equipped kitchen
- Keurig coffee machine (bring own pods)
- kitchen island with 2 bar stools
- dining table with 6 chairs
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- 1- 2 piece bathroom (main level)
- 1- 4 piece bathroom (main level master bedroom ensuite)
- 1- 4 piece bathroom (lower level)
- washer/dryer (lower level laundry room)
- forced-air propane furnace
- ceiling fans (main level Muskoka room and master bedroom)
- automatic back-up generator
- fireplace (main level living room - some wood available)
- propane wood stove (lower level family room)
- 32" HD TV (main level Muskoka room)
- 32" HD TV (lower level family room)
- satellite (Netflix, Crave, Disney TV)
- unlimited Wi-Fi
- main level Muskoka room
- L-shaped couch and chair in main level Muskoka room
- lower level screened-in Muskoka room
- wicker love seat and chair with cushions and breakfast table with 4 chairs in lower level Muskoka room
- deck (8ft. x 24ft.)
- patio dining table with umbrella and 4 chairs on deck
- propane BBQ
- outdoor fire pit (some wood available)
- 3 Muskoka chairs and bench at fire pit
- dock (22ft. x 24ft.)
- swim ladder on dock
- 4 Muskoka chairs on dock
- swim raft (10ft. x 10ft.)
- swim ladder on raft
- 4 kayaks
- adult lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- water source lake, UV system, filter system, potable
- privacy rating is 2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- NO public boat launch on the lake
Pet upon approval of owner,(non-refundable $100 pet fee applies) no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 7, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM.