Welcome to this lovely 1,800 sq. ft., 2 level, 4 bedroom cottage located on tranquil Waseosa Lake.
The Viceroy design, with an entire wall of floor to ceiling windows, offers a gorgeous tree-top lake view. These windows make the eat-in kitchen bright. Seating at the kitchen table accommodates six, but there are also sliding glass doors to a picnic table on the deck. The living room has a beautiful wood-burning fireplace.
The sleeping accommodations include bed for nine people. There are 2 bedrooms and a 4-piece bathroom on the main level and 2 bedrooms and a 3-piece bathroom on the lower level. Three of the beds are doubles, one being a double bunk with a single on top, and there is one queen-sized bed. There is also a spacious family room on the lower level, with a futon couch and a direct walk-out to stairs leading to the lake. .
The owners have provided an abundance of books with a library in every room to get lost in literary adventures. There is also a sound system and an extensive collection of CD’s with music for every taste as well as a DVD collection and board games for rainy days. There is HD satellite TV service and unlimited high speed internet.
The expansive deck has plenty of space for the whole family to gather. The views are peaceful with nothing but greenery, the lake and no neighbours on the opposite shore. One of the things the owners love most are nature’s friendly visitors, like chipmunks, hummingbirds and deer. They encourage you to share your chips or nuts with the chipmunks but advise you to supervise your meal plate as they will help themselves! Do NOT leave food out inside the house because these furry friends need to stay outside.
Head down to the lake, dock and 100 feet of natural shoreline. It is a southwest exposure so enjoy sun from late morning to sunset. Being located in a bay off the main part of the lake, it is almost always calm and being a small lake, the water warms up well with great swimming off the dock. Recreational fishing for the kids, catch and release, can also be enjoyed right off the dock.
Waseosa Willie also offers guests the use of two kayaks, a canoe or various water toys. Life jackets have been provided.
No cottage day is complete without a BBQ dinner on the deck and then a gathering around the fire pit roasting marshmallows and singing campfire songs…life is good with Waseosa Willie.
- 4 bedrooms (main level - queen; double/single bunk bed; lower level - double; double)
- double futon lower level
- duvets/blankets/pillows (bring your own bed linens and towels)
- fully equipped kitchen
- slow cooker, grill
- drip coffee maker
- NO dishwasher (bring own tea towels)
- dining table with 6 chairs (+ 4 additional fold up chairs)
- NO land line telephone
- good cell phone reception
- WIFI unlimited
- satellite TV
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (upper level)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (lower level)
- NO washer/dryer, has a clothesline
- forced-air electric furnace
- portable fans and ceiling fan (in dining room and stairwell)
- fireplace (high efficiency wood burning - bring kindling
- Satellite TV/DVD player,
- DVD collection
- stereo/CD player, CD collection
- large library of books and board games
- de-humidifier (lower level)
- large semi-wrap around deck
- propane BBQ
- outdoor patio furniture and picnic table on deck
- outdoor fire pit (needs a fire permit)
- 6 plastic chairs at fire pit (others can be mored there)
- dock (8 ft. x 24ft.) with swim ladder
- swim ladder
- outdoor table with umbrella and 4 chairs and lounge on dock
- 2 kayaks
- lifejackets (adult and child sizes)
- water source is lake, not potable (bring drinking water)
- privacy rating is 2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- No public boat launch on lake
- The detailed cleaning is included at the end of your stay (you are expected to leave the cottage neat & tidy and remove all of your garbage & recyclables)
Pet upon approval (no cats please), no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 9, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water, noise restriction after 11 PM.
The detailed cleaning is included at the end of your stay (you are expected to leave the cottage neat & tidy and remove all of your garbage & recyclables)
Check in 4 pm and check out 11am