Life is Better at the Lake!
Come to Muskoka and enjoy this wonderful log cottage, the true Muskoka experience. You will relax the minute you enter the welcoming foyer and leave the hectic pace of the city behind.
A large master bedroom and its ensuite bathroom with adjoining laundry room are located on the main floor with the bedroom facing out to the lake. The fully equipped kitchen and living/dining area are located on the main level as well. The open living area has a vaulted ceiling, large dining table for family gatherings, woodstove, cozy seating area and views of the lake. The pine kitchen island is perfect for gathering while meals are being prepared or just to plan your day’s activities. The various windows throughout provide wonderful cross breezes to enjoy the Muskoka evenings.
The upper level consists of 2 spacious bedrooms, a bathroom and an open loft area, perfect for children’s quiet play, games, or movie watching.
Step out onto the large screened-in Muskoka room/porch to enjoy an afternoon of reading or napping on the comfy couches. With additional chair seating and a pine picnic table it is also the perfect spot for your morning coffee or candle light get togethers in the evening with a great view of the lake.
This family cottage is wonderful for children as the property is level to the lake. The large grassed area in-between is perfect for games like bocce and volleyball. There is a large sandy area leading to the lake, perfect for play, basking in the sun or just relaxing. Two hammocks are nestled in the pines for a quiet, shady get away or to read and relax while still being close to the water and the beach. The shallow, sandy, soft packed beach area is perfect for small children to gently walk into the water or simply play for hours on end.
For total lake side living, the beach area has a small bbq, a large pine picnic table that seats 12, a lake shed containing a vintage fridge and plastic picnic dinner ware with plastic glasses. Just set back from the beach area is an outdoor fire pit, perfect for raosting marshmallows, evening story telling and campfire sing-a-longs.
The dock is large enough for several chairs and lounges to enjoy morning coffee, mid-afternoon drinks and watching the beautiful sunsets over Lake Waseosa. The sun is on the dock all day long for perfect summer living! For a change of pace, jump off the dock into 5-6 feet of water or take the canoe, rowboat or kayaks out for a leisurely paddle and enjoy the quiet lake with its few motorized boats.
If you can tear yourself away from this summer oasis, it is minutes from historic Huntsville and Arrowhead Park for a change of daytime activity. But however you fill your days, whether visiting town, walking or hiking in the park, swimming in the lake, or just plain relaxing on the dock, this Muskoka getaway will create fond family memories for a lifetime.
- 3 bedrooms (queen; queen + futon; 2 single beds and single bunks)
- fully equipped kitchen
- coffee maker
- gas stove
- large kitchen island with 6 stools
- dining table (with leaf) with 8 chairs
- water cooler
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (ensuite to master bedroom on main floor)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (second level)
- clothes line
- electric baseboard heating (upper level)
- forced air propane (lower level)
- various ceiling fans
- woodstove (not available for renter use)
- 46" flat screen TV in living room
- DVD player
- Satellite TV (main level only)
- WI-FI (unlimited)
- upper left open loft area with couch, small TV and hobby table
- large book library
- board games
- screened in Muskoka room/porch
- picnic table in Muskoka room/porch
- 1 couch in Muskoka room/porch
- wicker furniture in Muskoka room/porch
- propane BBQ
- large picnic table on beach (seats 12)
- outdoor furniture (various chairs on beach)
- 2 hammocks
- outdoor fire pit (some wood available)
- dock (L-shaped 16ft. x 16ft.)
- swim ladder
- lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- 3 kayaks
- kids rowboat
- beach toys
- water source is lake, UV filtered, potable
- privacy rating is 2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- no public boat launch on the lake
- For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $150 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
Pets upon approval (no cats), no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 8, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water, noise restriction after 11 PM.
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $150 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).