Welcome to this slice of paradise on tranquil Waseosa Lake. The owner had been coming up to the lake since the 80’s and knew without a doubt that this would be where he would buy his own cottage when the right opportunity presented itself. With so many lake choices in the Muskoka’s, Waseosa was easily the only choice for him as it not only held so many fond memories, but it was large enough to endlessly explore and just small enough to minimize boat traffic.
This beautiful 1,800 sq.ft., 4 bedroom, 2 level cottage has a great layout for an extended family. The open concept kitchen/dining/living area is on the main level along with the ever popular Muskoka room. Both the living room and the Muskoka room have fabulous views of the lake. The lake facing master bedroom and second bedroom with a shared ensuite bathroom complete the main level.
The upper level has a spacious family room at one end with an open loft corridor to two more bedrooms and a bathroom.
The owner wanted to create an inviting and functional getaway with newly purchased comfortable furnishings and tasteful decor. Having rented throughout the years, they wanted to provide everything needed to make for a memorable experience.
The kitchen is well equipped, the bedrooms have quality mattresses and the entertainment amenities are unsurpassed and especially appreciated on inclement days; there is a wide screen TV, satellite, a Bluetooth speaker dock and unlimited Wi-Fi. All the comforts and conveniences of home while feet away from a fabulous lake!
There is water on both sides of the cottage affording beautiful views and sun on the property all day. Situated on an acre of land on a quiet private bay with 200 feet of waterfront, you will instantly settle into the peace and serenity of your surroundings.
Start your mornings on the dock, cup of coffee in hand, and embrace the beginning of every day watching stunning sunrises. The spacious deck is great for relaxing and sun bathing and enjoying late afternoon cocktails. Explore the lake with the canoe and paddleboat and for avid anglers, bring along a rod and bait as the fishing is great, especially for bass.
The large level lawn is ideal for outdoor games and the country roads on your back door step will please the walkers, joggers and mountain bikers in the family. Tired after all the day’s activities? Choose from one of the strategically placed hammocks in the shade, with views of the lake, and grab a nap!
The historic town of Huntsville is conveniently close for quick errands or spend the day checking out its quaint Main Street with shops of every kind and a wide selection of cafés and restaurants. For longer day trips head into Arrowhead Park or Algonquin Park.
But the pièce de résistance will be ending your days around the lakeside fire pit, roasting marshmallows and sharing the day’s adventures while the sky fills with a blanket of stars. Needless to say, this will be the perfect spot for any discerning cottager!
- 4 bedrooms (main level - queen; queen; upper level - queen; 2 singles)
- fully equipped kitchen
- water dispenser (bring your own 18L jugs)
- wine fridge
- dining table with 6 chairs (can extend to accomodate more)
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (upper level)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (main level master bedroom shared en-suite)
- electric baseboard heating
- ceiling fans (in all main rooms and main level bedrooms)
- propane fireplace
- 50" flat screen TV (upper level)
- 32" TV in master bedroom
- blue tooth speaker dock
- Wi-Fi (unlimited)
- puzzles and games
- screened-in Muskoka room (with couch, loveseat and ceiling fan)
- deck (14ft. x 42ft.)
- propane BBQ
- outdoor patio lounge set and 2 loungers on deck
- 8 Muskoka chairs (on surrounding property)
- 2 hammocks
- outdoor fire pit (some wood available)
- dock (10ft. x 16ft. and 12ft. x 20ft.) (boat in photos is not included)
- swim raft with swim ladder
- lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- 2 canoes
- paddle boat
- paddle board
- water source is lake, UV filtered, potable
- privacy rating is 2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- NO public boat launch, but owner has access to a private boat launch but would need notification before using
- For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $150 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
Pet upon approval, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 8, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM.
Check in 4 pm and check out 10 am
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $150 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).