Welcome to this fabulous family vacation destination, offering something for everyone, with so many great places to kick back and relax and enjoy all that cottage country has to offer!
This beautiful 2,000 sq. ft., 2 level, 4 bedroom cottage is located on the tranquil shores of Wood Lake, right in the heart of Muskoka cottage country and just a little over a 2 hour drive from hectic Toronto to blissful serenity!
The interior of the cottage is like a breath of fresh air with warm engineered wood floors, accent white-washed wood walls and comfortable well-appointed furnishings throughout. The upper level has a spacious open concept kitchen/dining/living room, stretching across the entire front of the cottage, offering expansive views of the lake from the wall of floor to cathedral ceiling windows with a walk-out to the large upper deck. Completing the main floor is a 4-piece bathroom and 3 bedrooms, with the lake-facing master bedroom having its own walk-out to the deck.
The lower level will be perfect for a family friend couple as it has its own bedroom with sitting area, a separate living room, large kitchenette and a spectacular 3-piece bathroom complete with a spacious 2-person rain shower and creative stone sink. If it looks familiar, you may have seen it featured as a design renovation on HGTV’s Colin & Justin!
Start your mornings off on the deck with cup of coffee in hand and watch the mist rise off the lake, welcoming another glorious day. With a south exposure you will have sun all day long on the dock but if it gets too hot there are plenty of shaded areas to retreat to on the property, including a lakeside Bunkie with its own deck and a sectional inside to curl up on a read a long overdue novel.
But the pièce de résistance at this waterfront property is the 90 feet of sand beach shoreline, a rare feature in cottage country! Needless to say, both young and old alike will enjoy endless hours of sand castle building on the beach and safely splashing and playing in the shallow entry to the lake.
If you can tear yourself away from the cottage, head into Bracebridge or Gravenhurst for shopping, dining and entertainment. Gravenhurst has a remarkable Farmer’s Market (open from 9am to 2pm every Wednesday in the summer) down by the Muskoka Wharf. There is no end to the activities offered in this area; golfing, hiking, go-carts, mini-golf, scenic boat cruises, even sea-plane tours and for the little ones be sure to visit Santa’s Village.
However you spend your days, once back at the cottage enjoy a BBQ dinner on the deck, relax with after dinner beverages on the dock and end your nights around the fire bowl taking in the abundance of stars in the night’s sky. What more could you ask for?!
- 4 bedrooms (main level - queen; queen; queen; lower level - queen)
- pull-out couch (lower level family room)
- lakeside bunkie with sectional couch
- lakeside bunkie deck with 2 chairs and table
- fully equipped kitchen
- Keurig coffee maker (bring own pods)
- kitchen breakfast counter with 2 bar stools
- dining table with 8 chairs
- kitchenette (lower level family room)
- full sized fridge, microwave and sink in kitchenette
- breakfast island with 3 stools in kitchenette
- NO telephone
- some cell phone reception
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (lower level)
- 1- 4 piece bathroom (main level)
- washer/dryer (lower level laundry room)
- forced-air propane furnace
- automatic back-up generator
- ceiling fans (great room and lower level family room )
- propane wood stove (main level living room)
- propane fireplace (lower level living room)
- 20" TV (lower level bedroom)
- 30" TV (main level living room)
- 40" TV (lower level family room)
- satellite (Bell basic)
- unlimited Wi-Fi
- upper deck (300 sq. ft.)
- wicker love seat and 2 chairs (all with cushions), bistro bar table with 2 bar stools and breakfast table with 4 chairs on upper deck
- propane BBQ (direct)
- lower deck (400 sq. ft.)
- large wicker sectional couch and fire table on lower deck
- fire bowl (some wood available)
- 2 Muskoka chairs at fire bowl
- dock (4ft. x 30ft. and 12ft. x 12ft.)
- swim ladder
- 2 Muskoka chairs on dock
- 1 adult kayak
- 1 child kayak
- 1 stand-up paddle board
- lily pad
- adult lifejackets (8, various sizes)
- water source lake, filtered, potable
- privacy rating is 2-3 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on the lake
One pet allowed upon approval of owner, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 8, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM.