Welcome to your home away from home in magnificent Almaguin Highlands! The beauty of Ontario cottage country with all the conveniences (and so much more) of city life, make this a fantastic vacation destination. Being a four-season cottage equipped with so much for all ages and in a region known for its beauty and year round activities, you will never bore of something to do.
This quintessential, beautifully decorated 1,860 sq. ft., 2 level, 4 bedroom cottage sits nestled on over 2 acres of well-treed land on the shores of tranquil Deer Lake.
From the moment you step inside you can feel the love the cottage owners have brought to this warm and inviting cottage! The interior of the cottage has that subtle luxury while at the same time making you feel welcomed having all the comforts of home while maintaining a cozy cottage ambiance. The pine cathedral ceilings in the open concept living/dining/kitchen area, beautiful wood laminate flooring and tasteful comfortable furnishings throughout, add to the warmth of the main floor. With an abundance of windows along the front of this main living area, peaceful tree-top views of the lake can be had from any chosen vantage point.
The well-laid out kitchen has plenty of counter space and a large kitchen island dining table, making it a pleasure to prepare meals in, then retreat to the living room and relax in front of the gorgeous stone wood-burning fireplace.
The screened-in Muskoka room, just off of the main living area, provides an additional spot to kick back and relax on inclement days while still feeling one with nature. From here step out onto the upper deck with glass railings and gather round the gas fire table while taking in unobstructed tree-top views of the lake.
Rounding out the main level is the generous sized master bedroom with direct access to the Muskoka room, a bunk bedroom just off of the kitchen and a 3-piece bathroom.
The lower level has 2 more bedrooms, a 3-piece bathroom, a laundry room and a cozy family room with a propane fireplace, TV/DVD and walk-outs to an open deck and a covered deck.
With over 200 ft. of waterfront and 2 docks, it will be hard to tear yourself away from the lake and hours of sunning and swimming. With 2 canoes at your disposal, days of paddling and exploring the lake are a definite must. For avid fishermen, large and small mouth bass are the catch of the day here. For athletic land lovers there are great country roads for walking and running and cyclists will enjoy a number of local routes to explore around the lake while avid golfers can get in some rounds of golf at close by Eagle Lake and Sundridge golf courses.
And as your day unfolds, start up the BBQ, take in peaceful sunsets at the dock and end it around the fire pit reminiscing about the day's incredible fond memories! Life is good!!
"Lucky us to be the very first renters at this beautiful cottage! All the comforts of home and well equipped for lake fun. A beautiful location, had excellent weather and loved the fire table. Enjoyed the welcome package. A nice surprise! Thanks so much to the Tran family and to the neighbour - Irene for looking in on us to make sure all was well. Kids loved the beach and the huge lake trampoline. Many thanks ....
"We thoroughly enjoyed our time at the cottage. Beautiful spot and we were lucky to have great weather. We were pleasantly surprised with the many amenities, including the trampoline and knee board. The kids thoroughly enjoyed them! Kids also enjoyed the movies and board games on the rare rainy days. The kitchen was also well stocked with pots and pans so we enjoyed many nice meals around the harvest table . We also appreciate the lake being stocked with fish as numerous fish were caught. Thank you for the welcome package. A nice touch....
- 4 bedrooms (main level - queen; single/double bunk bed; lower level - queen; queen)
- fully equipped kitchen
- keurig (bring own pods)
- NO telephone
- some cell phone reception
- small breakfast table with 3+1 chairs
- kitchen island with 4+5 bar stool chairs
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (main level with bathtub)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (lower level with shower)
- washer/dryer (lower level laundry room)
- ceiling fans in the main level living/dining room and main level master bedroom
- electric heating
- fireplace - main level living room (bring own wood)
- gas fireplace (lower level family room)
- 42" TV (lower level family room)
- DVD player (lower level family room)
- collecton of DVD's to watch
- variety of board games
- NO satellite
- NO Wi-Fi
- Muskoka room
- large wicker sectional with cushions, dining table with 4 wicker chairs with cushions in Muskoka room
- upper deck
- 2 wicker chairs and loveseat with cushions and gas fire table on upper deck
- propane BBQ on upper deck
- lower deck
- patio dining table with 6 chairs and umbrella and 3 Muskoka chairs on lower deck
- outdoor fire pit on lawn (bring own wood)
- bench at lawn fire pit
- 1st dock
- swim ladder
- 2 lounge chairs and Muskoka chair on dock
- lakeside deck
- sun shelter on lakeside deck
- 3 Muskoka chairs and 2 gravity chairs on lakeside deck
- 2nd dock
- NOTE: seadoo and motor boat in photos are not avaialble
- 2 canoes
- adult lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- water source is dug well, potable
- privacy rating is 2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on lake
- For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $150 (Please leave cash on the kitchen table before you check out) so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
No pets, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 9, bring own bed linens and towels, bring own water, noise restriction after 11 PM.
CHECK IN - 4PM CHECK OUT - 11AM
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $150 so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling). Please leave cash on the kitchen table before you check out.