NEWLY LISTED - May 2020
Welcome to this wonderful 4-season, 2,700 sq. ft., 4 bedroom, 2 level cottage tucked into 1.9 acres of land on beautiful Eagle Lake! Being a 4-season vacation destination, adds rare extra cottage months to enjoy winter getaway possibilities!
The owners fell in love with Eagle Lake many years ago while camping at the Mikisew Provincial Park, which is located on the south side of the lake with its many picturesque islands and majestic wind swept pine trees and the stunning backdrop of the Great Canadian shield. They loved it so much that they planned on one day owning their own cottage here and years later they purchased their dream property which they fondly named "Rustling Pines Lakeview Retreat".
The interior of the cottage is impeccably maintained and the soft ambient light throughout makes it warm and inviting. The main level has an easy flow from the kitchen/dining room to the living room all along the front of the cottage with large picture windows providing serene tree-top views out to the lake and islands in the distance.
Three tastefully decorated bedrooms are tucked into the shaded back of the main level, lending to a good night's sleep, while awakening in the morning, looking out at the red pine forest, makes for a calming way to welcome your day.
The lower level has a spacious family room and games room, offering nightly fun and entertainment all year round and is helpful on rainy days! There is also a direct walkout from here to a covered deck and large front lawn, leading down to the waterfront across a quiet country road. Rounding out the lower level is a 2-piece bathroom, laundry room and lake facing bedroom.
Start your days off with your morning coffee on the expansive main level deck and enjoy the dance of the humming birds as they feed there. The large overhang roof adds shade or you can bask in the sun with a good book.
Playing outdoors is what it's really all about! The waterfront is great for both young and old alike with shallow entry at the water's edge and a long dock providing plenty of room for the entire family to spread out and relax.
With a canoe, paddleboat and kayaks at your disposal, be sure to get out for a paddle, especially at sunrise with the beautiful mist coming off the lake and calm waters beneath. Eagle Lake offers great fishing from Walleye, small & large mouth Bass, Lake Whitefish, Perch and Northern Pike. It's all there! It is also said that this region has 90 species of birds. It's common to see the Bald Eagle as well as the majestic Heron and Osprey to name a few.
The large and flat property offers acres to roam and play, tossing frisbees and balls or engaging in a game of soccer. The forest is a natural feast for the eyes!
For a change of pace, take a day trip to close-by Mikisew and Algonquin Provincial Park and bring a picnic spread for lunch on one of the 3 beaches or on the trail in Algonquin Park. Or hike along a number of trails in this region, known as the “Forgotten Trails”, offering hiking and cycling routes. For avid golfers, you can get a quick round in at Eagle Lake Golf Course, unique with its 10 hole design. Before heading back to the cottage, stop by the Eagle Lake Narrows County Store that is referred to by locals as “The Narrows”, and indulge in delicious homemade burgers and all-natural Kawartha Lakes ice cream. Motor boats, paddleboards, kayaks and canoes can be rented there as well, just stop by the store for rates and requirements, owned by friendly Fred and Jill, always ready to serve your needs! For those vacationing in the winter months, there is an abundance of winter activities to participate in. For quick day trips you have so many choices of fun winter activities at a variety of nearby destinations. Just 40 minutes north is Laurentian Ski Hill for downhill skiing and 45 minutes south is Arrowhead Provincial Park with ice skating and cross-country ski trails and a tubing hill. “Fire and Ice” skating evenings here are a special experience. There are more cross-country ski trails at Almaguin Community Trails in the nearby town of South River and if you are here in February don’t miss Ontario’s largest dog sled racing event in Kearney!
End your days with a BBQ dinner on the deck, and with a southwest exposure sunsets will be amazing with crimson or velvet skies watching and waiting for the starlit sky. No day is complete without the crackle of a campfire, roasting marshmallows and enjoying the stories and camaraderie between family and friends. It all creates the memories that keep you coming back for more!
NEWLY LISTED - March 2020
- 4 bedrooms (main level - queen; single/queen bunk bed; single/single bunk bed; lower level - queen)
- pack n' play
- bug ceiling light for babies/kids
- fully equipped kitchen
- dual mini toaster oven (KitchenAid)
- drip coffee maker
- Keurig coffee machine (bring own pods)
- under counter RCA radio/CD player
- 5 port docking station
- dining table with 9+1 chairs
- wooden high chair
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- 1- 2 piece bathroom (main level)
- 1- 4 piece bathroom (main level)
- 1- 2 piece bathroom (lower level)
- washer/dryer (lower level laundry room)
- forced-air electric furnace
- 2 portable electric fans
- electric fireplace (main level living room)
- wood stove (lower level family room - some wood available)
- 55" TV/ Blu-ray player (lower level family room)
- NO satellite
- NO Wi-Fi
- game room (lower level)
- foosball game and air hockey game in game room
- mini cooler/fridge in game room
- piano and game table with 4 chairs (lower level)
- assortment of games and movies (lower level)
- main deck (14ft. x 25ft.)
- patio dining table with umbrella and 8 chairs, 1 Muskoka chair and children's plastic picnic table on main deck
- lower covered deck (14ft. x 25ft.)
- 5 chairs on lower covered deck (can be used for fire pit)
- propane BBQ (Napolean with side burner)
- outdoor fire pit (some wood available)
- soccer net
- basket ball net
- badminton net
- dock (4ft. x 45ft.)
- NO swim ladder
- swim raft with swim ladder
- 2 kayaks
- 6 adult lifejackets (various sizes)
- water source drilled well, potable
- privacy rating is 3 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on the lake
- there is a small cottage road between the cottage and the waterfront
Pet upon approval, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 9, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water, noise restriction after 11 PM.
There is a small cottage road between the cottage and waterfront.
CHECK IN 4PM CHECK OUT 10AM