Welcome to Branch's Perch on Eagle Lake!
This cozy, 850 sq. ft., 2 bedroom cottage is situated in a quiet bay on the shores of beautiful Eagle Lake. The owners and family and friends have fondly nicknamed it “Gravity”, as that is what sets in when you get there as you won’t want to get up and move!
The interior of the cottage is as neat as a pin with the 2 bedrooms tucked into the back, lending to a great night’s sleep and the open concept dining/living room and Muskoka room run along the front of the cottage with fabulous views of the lake. The kitchen is ideally located next to the side deck and BBQ to prepare meals for either inside in the dining room or outside in the screened-in gazebo.
Start your mornings on the dock, cup of coffee in hand and soak in the tranquility of the bay. The lake is quiet and calm, especially in the mornings, ideal for canoeing and kayaking. With the lake being spring fed swimming is especially fantastic and so is the fishing with Trout, Walleye, Bass, Perch and Pike in the lake. With sun on the spacious dock in the morning and into the early evening you can either lay out, relax and soak up the rays while the kids safely play in the lake at the shallow sandy water's edge or find shade under the birch tree or in the gazebo and catch up on some reading.
For the more adventurous, enjoy scenic nature walks/runs/bike rides along the quiet country roads just at your doorstep (if “gravity” allows you to get up and move!) or take a day trip to close-by Mikisew and Algonquin Provincial Park and bring a picnic spread for lunch on one of the 3 beaches or on the trail in Algonquin Park. For avid golfers, you can get a quick round in at Eagle Lake Golf Course which is less than 5km from the cottage.
Before heading back to the cottage, stop by the “Narrows” country store and say hi to the owners Fred and Jill while indulging in delicious homemade burgers and all-natural Kawartha Lakes ice cream. Motor boats, paddleboards, kayaks and canoes can be rented there as well, just stop by the store for rates and requirements.
No cottage day is complete without late evening campfires, enjoying smores and stories with the family while listening to the sound of the loons. So, what are you waiting for?!
- 2 bedrooms (double; single/double bunk bed)
- fully equipped kitchen
- drip coffee maker
- NO dishwasher
- water cooler (1 bottle of drinking water will be provided to get you started)
- dining room table with 4+2 chairs
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom
- NO washer/dryer
- ceiling fan in living room
- several portable fans
- wood stove (some wood supplied)
- TV (receives CTV North Bay and Global Toronto)
- DVD player
- large selection of DVD's
- NO satellite
- NO Wi-Fi
- screened-in Muskoka room
- couch and chair in Muskoka room
- 2 small decks with 4 plastic chairs and bench
- propane BBQ
- outdoor screened-in gazebo on patio tiles
- patio dining table and 5 chairs in gazebo
- L-shaped dock (4ft. x40ft. and 8ft. x 8ft.)
- NO swim ladder
- 4 Muskoka chairs on dock
- fire pit (some wood supplied)
- 2 benches and picnic table at fire pit
- 12 ft aluminum boat with an 8 hp motor
- lifejackets (some, various adult sizes)
- water source is lake, not potable
- privacy rating is 3 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on lake
- NOTE: bunkie on property is unoccupied and not available for rent
Pet upon approval of owner, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 5, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water (1 bottle of drinking water will be provided to get you started), noise restriction after 11 PM.
Check in 4 pm and check out 10 am