Welcome to EAGLE'S EDGE - a cozy 3 bedroom cottage on beautiful Eagle Lake. It's a perfect vacation destination for any family.
Situated on a peninsula, you'll find it as neat as a pin with everything you need to enjoy your stay.
Inside the cottage, it is well laid out with the bedrooms and bathroom at one end of the cottage and the open concept kitchen/dining/living area all facing out to the deck and lake. The entire wall of large picture windows running the length of the cottage, frame beautiful tree top views of the lake. Along with another full wall of windows and a vaulted ceiling in the dining area, this main living area is bright and spacious, perfect for all family gatherings whether dining or relaxing.
Start your mornings on the deck, cup of coffee in hand and take in the amazing view of the lake as the sun rises and a new day begins. The lake is quite calm, especially in the mornings, ideal for canoeing and kayaking. With the lake being spring fed, swimming is especially fantastic and so is the fishing with Trout, Walleye, Bass, Perch and Pike in abundance. With sun on the dock from early morning to late afternoon, you can either lay out, relax and soak up the rays or find shade under the umbrella on the lakeside deck and catch up on your reading.
Enjoy scenic nature walks/runs/bike rides along the quiet country roads just at your doorstep or take a day trip to close-by Mikisew Provincial Park and bring a picnic spread for lunch on one of the three beaches. Avid golfers can get a quick round in at Eagle Lake Golf Course which is less than 3 km from the cottage.
Before heading back to the cottage, stop by the "Narrows" country store and say hi to the owners Fred and Jill while indulging in delicious homemade burgers and all natural Kawartha Lakes ice cream.
No cottage day is complete without late evening campfires, enjoying smores and stories with the family while listening to the sound of the loons. So, what are you waiting for!
- 3 bedrooms (double; double; double)
- fully equipped kitchen
- NO dishwasher
- K-cup coffee maker
- water cooler (1 bottle of drinking water will be provided to get you started)
- dining table with 6 chairs
- breakfast table with 4 chairs
- NO telephone
- good cell reception
- NO Wi-Fi
- 1 3-piece bathroom
- NO washer/dryer
- electric wall heaters
- wall mounted electric fireplace
- ceiling fans in living room and dining room
- portable fans
- blankets, pillows
- 43" TV
- DVD player
- Blu-ray player
- large selection of movies
- various books and board games
- deck (8ft. x 28ft.)
- propane BBQ
- 4 Muskoka chairs on deck
- outdoor fire pit (some wood avaialble)
- 4 chairs at fire pit
- lakeside deck
- patio dining table with umbrella and 6 chairs on lakeside deck
- dock (4ft. x 25ft. ) (seadoos and boat in photo are not included)
- row boat with oars
- 2 kayaks
- lifejackets (various sizes)
- water source lake, not potable
- privacy rating is 2-3 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3= some)
- public boat launch on lake
- For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $150 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling)
Pet upon approval of owner, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 6, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water (1 bottle of drinking water will be provided to get you started), noise restriction after 11 PM.
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $150 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling)
Check in 4 pm and check out 10 am