Welcome to this lovely 4-season, 4 bedroom cottage and bunkie located on tranquil Eagle Lake. Being a 4-season vacation destination, adds rare extra cottage months to enjoy winter getaway possibilities!
The lake house interior is bright and spacious with a Scandinavian feel, complimented with a warm open concept cottage ambiance. With 4 split levels joined by short staircases, there is an easy flow from one level to the next with walkouts to the deck and lakeside from 2 of the levels. From the main entrance there is a waterfront family room and sunroom with fabulous views out to the lake with a few steps down to a lower level TV room and a few steps up to a large kitchen/dining/sitting area also with great views out to the lake. Located on the uppermost level, a few stairs up from this room, are 2 comfortable bedrooms, a 4-piece bathroom and a master bedroom with its own 4-piece ensuite.
The lane way bunkie has 2 sets of bunk beds, ideal for the tweens and their privacy while still being a stone’s throw away from the cottage.
Outside there are so many great location choices to retreat to on the property, something for everyone’s taste. Start your mornings off out on one of the 2 decks, coffee cup in hand, as the mist rises off the lake. While the water is still peaceful, take the paddleboat, kayak or canoe out into the bay for a serene paddle before breakfast.
The 100 feet of waterfront has a sandy beach with a shallow entry, great for both young and old alike to enjoy hours of playing, splashing and swimming. The large level lawn between the cottage and lake is the perfect spot for touch football matches and Frisbee throwing. Even rainy afternoons can be fun, watching the storm roll in while playing board games and cards for hours in the sunroom at the large table made from an old bowling alley floor.
For a day trip, head to Mikisew Provincial Park or hike along the “Forgotten Trails”, then treat yourself at Narrows Country Store (just 1 km away from the cottage) to a Kawartha Dairy ice cream.
For those vacationing in the winter months, there is an abundance of winter activities to participate in. Even just from the cottage, you can head out for a brisk snowshoe adventure as you have 4 pairs of snowshoes at your disposal. For quick day trips you have so many choices of fun winter activities at a variety of nearby destinations. Just 40 minutes north is Laurentian Ski Hill for downhill skiing and 45 minutes south is Arrowhead Provincial Park with ice skating and cross-country ski trails and a tubing hill. “Fire and Ice” skating evenings here are a special experience. Then there is ice fishing on Lake Nipissing or more cross-country ski trails at Almaguin Community Trails in the nearby town of South River and if you are here in February don’t miss Ontario’s largest dog sled racing event in Kearney!
However you spend your days, be sure to end your days back at the cottage waterfront. With a west exposure, the sunsets are magical and enjoyed best seated around the fire pit or swaying in the nearby hammock. Best of all, while the sky fills with stars, relax and soak in the lakeside wood-fired hot tub…something for everyone!
"On behalf of my whole family we want to say how we had a great time at the cottage. We all truly enjoyed our vacation and everything the cottage offered. We spent time outdoors playing badminton, paddle boating, kayaking, having campfires, swimming and fishing. We also spent a fair time indoors with the rain playing games, puzzling, reading and watching movies. We just wanted to say thank you for making our family vacation one to never forget"
5 bedrooms in total:
- 4 bedrooms (upper level - king; queen; queen and single bunk bed) (lower level - queen)
- bunkie (2 single bunk beds) (Not available in the winter season from Nov. 1 - May 1)
- king-size bed linens provided
- fully equipped kitchen
- kitchen island with 4 bar stools
- dining table with 8 chairs
- 2nd dining table with 2 chairs and 2 benches (in the sunroom)
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- NO Wi-Fi
- 1 - 2-piece bathroom (mid-lower level)
- 1 - 3-piece ensuite bathroom for master bedroom (upper level)
- 1 - 4-piece bathroom (upper level)
- washer/dryer (new HE front load w/d in lower level furnace room)
- electric baseboard and forced-air propane heating
- ceiling fan in master bedroom
- woodstove (some wood available)
- TV / DVD
- wireless Bluetooth speaker system (works with IOS and android)
- CD / Radio
- large closet of board games
- deck (10ft. x 30ft.)
- propane BBQ
- dining table with 8+2 chairs and an umbrella
- 2nd deck (10ft. x 12ft.)
- 2 chairs on deck
- outdoor fire pit (some wood available)
- 2 benches at fire pit
- lakeside wood-fired hot tub ( only available during the summer season)
- dock (4ft. x 50ft.)
- 4 Muskoka chairs on dock
- sandy beach
- sail boat
- floating raft
- lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- snowshoes available for winter rentals (2 adult, 2 youth)
- water source is well, potable
- privacy rating is 2-3 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on lake
- NOTE: For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $200 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling)
One small pet upon approval (hypo-allergenic, non-shedding), no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 8, bring own linens and towels (king-size bed linens will be provided), bring own drinking water, noise restriction after 11 PM.
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $200 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling)
Check in 4 pm and check out 10 am