NEWLY LISTED - November 2019
Welcome to “Rustic Luxury", as the owners fondly call their wonderful newly renovated four-season cottage, perched above the tranquil shores of Lynx Lake (Groom Lake)! The 2,200 sq. ft., 3 level, 3 bedroom cottage offers all the modern amenities of home while surrounded by peaceful natural surroundings.
As you step into the cottage you will immediately be drawn into serene tree-top views out to the lake from a wall of large picture windows in the open concept kitchen/living/dining room. From here there is a direct walk-out to an expansive deck, the ideal spot for the whole family to dine and relax while being one with nature. Two bedrooms and a 3-piece bathroom round out this main floor.
The finished lower level has a direct walk-out to the steps leading down to the dock and waterfront and has a ping pong table and games available..
The spacious upper level loft is a retreat unto itself. With a king size bed, plenty of soft ambient light and a lake facing jacuzzi, where better to relax after a full day of fun in the sun?! The loft is also a beautiful space for yoga, with 2 yoga mats and cushions provided.
Speaking of fun in the sun, head down to the lake in the morning, cup of coffee in hand, to watch the sunrise from the dock as the mist rises off the lake. This is also the best time of the day to get out on the water for a paddle as the lake is at its calmest.
Since it is relatively undisturbed, Lynx Lake (Groom Lake) has thriving animal populations including moose, beavers, loons, martins, owls, and chipmunks.
For a short day trip, head into Huntsville for casual and fine dining with a multitude of unique shops to visit on Main Street or visit the famous Screaming Head’s attraction just outside of Burk’s Falls. Hiking in Algonquin Park is particularly stunning in the fall with the changing of the leaves and if your visit here is in the winter, Arrowhead Park has skate and ski trails, and even has a tubing hill.
Whether you spend your days on the water or exploring the towns/villages and surrounding landmarks, end your days with a BBQ dinner back at the cottage, and then roast marshmallows at the fire pit while reminiscing about the day’s adventures!
NEWLY LISTED - November 2019
- 3 bedrooms (main level - double; double; loft - king; single trundel and a crib
- all linens provided for all beds
- fully equipped kitchen
- Kuerig coffee maker (bring own pods)
- dining table with 6 chairs
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (main level)
- 1 - 2 piece bathroom (loft)
- separate shower (loft)
- 3-4 person jacuzzi tub (loft)
- washer/dryer (loft)
- ceiling fans in loft and living room
- forced-air electric furnace
- 40" TV (living room)
- Wi-Fi (data capped at 10 GB per week, additonal charges will be applied over 10GB, NO streaming or downloading)
- ping pong table in lower level
- deck (15ft. x 40ft.)
- propane BBQ
- patio dining table with 6 chairs, 2 person swing chair, wicker love seat and 2 wicker chairs, all with cushions, on deck
- covered entrance deck (6ft. x 40ft.)
- 4 Muskoka chairs on covered entrance deck
- dock (6ft. x 22ft.)
- swim ladder
- fire pit (bring own wood)
- 2 Muskoka chairs on lawn at waterfront
- row boat
- 2 kayaks
- lifejackets (4, various adult sizes)
- water source is drilled well, potable
- privacy rating is 2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on lake
- For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $130 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
Pet upon approval of owner($100 non-refundable pet fee/pet/wk applies), no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 8, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM.
Check in 3 pm and check out 11 am
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $130 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).