Nestled among the trees and overlooking beautiful Sand Lake, is this stunning three bedroom, 4 season cottage, with all the comforts of home. Everything is here to ensure a wonderful family vacation – from sandy beach and shallow lake entry, to the various private decks to enjoy the amazing sunsets from. With the breathtaking views onto the lake from both levels of the cottage to the well-appointed skylights and bay windows throughout, this vacation oasis is the perfect location any time of year.
The moment you step into the cottage foyer, you feel the recently departed hectic city pace slip away as you set down your bags and settle into its bright and relaxing surroundings. To the left is a cozy bedroom with a queen bed, bay window and access to the main floor bathroom. The bathroom, with access to both the foyer and bedroom, is cheerful and spacious with a classic claw foot tub as well as a separate stand up shower and the washer/dryer are tucked away in the pine cupboards. Taking up the remainder of the main level is a large, open concept, well equipped kitchen and spacious dining area looking out over the lake through floor to ceiling windows.
Take a few stairs up to the second level and be ready to literally have your breathe taken away as you find yourself in the cottage’s "piece de resistance" living room!! Although the living room is complete with a satellite flat screen TV, extensive DVD library, games table and bar area, it is the wrap around ceiling to floor two-storey view of the lake that steals the show. Morning, noon or night you could enjoy this room and never feel the need to step outside, it feels like you are virtually hanging out over the lake as you behold the long stretch of pristine beach as far as the eye can see.
There are two bedrooms on this second level. The Master bedroom has a king size bed, skylight, large bay window, access to an upper office and loft, as well as a private walk out deck. The third bedroom has a queen size bed, skylight and a ubiquitous bay window. Both bedrooms share a joint ensuite bathroom with skylights, a Jacuzzi tub and separate stand-up shower.
The cottage is a stones' throw away from its 120 feet of water frontage. Although you are in central Ontario cottage country, you have this rare combination of lake and expansive sandy beach extending for more than 200 gradual feet from the shoreline, a fantastic place for both kids and adults alike to play. With sun exposure at the beach being almost all day long, you can pass the day away sun bathing, or take the canoe or rowboat out onto the water to explore this beautiful lake, or for the more adventurous, plan a day trip to nearby Emerald Island.
With a choice of barbequing styles (gas or charcoal), prepare your dinner outside while watching the glorious sunset and wrap up the evening enjoying the fire pit at the beach, toasting marshmallows, story-telling and singing campfire songs. It just doesn't get much better!!
Looking to get out of the city for a winter getaway? This cottage is a wonderful place to be.. With so many winter activities to do in the area and only 40 min. from Arrowhead Provincial Park with it's "fairy tale" ice trail, tobagganing, snowshoeing and cross country skiing, you are sure to have an enjoyable time.
"Your home is exceptionally beautiful. Starting from the well thought out layout to the hospitality. It has everything! We have used the site prior, but your cottage has surpassed our greatest expectations. Thank you for being so thoughtful and sharing a part of your world with us. We appreciate it all, down to your personal art."
"Thank you for sharing such a magnificent property with us!"
"We really enjoyed our stay at cottage 439. My husband is a birdwatcher and there were plenty of different birds around. Even a beaver made an appearance. We loved sitting on the second floor staring at the beautiful view of Sand lake while sipping our wine. The cottage was so cozy and the layout was just perfect. We loved everything about it and we’re looking forward to our stay next fall."
- 3 bedrooms (queen; queen; king)
- king size sheets provided
- loft has queen pull-out couch
- fully equipped kitchen with stainless steel appliances
- Jenn-Air propane range
- toaster oven
- coffee maker
- breakfast bar and 4 stools
- round kitchen table with 6 chairs
- some cell phone reception (text and email) - recommend using wifi calling
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (main level with claw foot tub and separate shower)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (2nd level master bedroom joint ensuite with Jacuzzi tub and separate shower)
- washer/dryer (in main level bathroom cupboards)
- propane forced air central heating
- automatic back-up generator
- portable oscillating fans
- HD satellite TV
- 32" flat screen TV main level
- 40" flat screen TV with PVR upper level
- Blu-ray players (one on main and one on upper level)
- DVD/Blu-ray library
- CD player ( upper level)
- WI-FI (limited data, no streaming or downloading)
- stereo on main level connects ipod/iphone
- upper level bar area with sink and fridge
- board games
- various decks
- Weber propane BBQ (with 2 tanks)
- Weber charcoal BBQ (with charcoal)
- outdoor dining furniture (antique cast aluminum and teak) on various decks
- 8 beach chairs
- 4 chaise lounges with cushions
- outdoor fire pit on beach (wood provided)
- small fire pot on patio area (wood provided)
- No dock
- horseshoe set for use on beach
- lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- water source is deep drilled well, potable
- privacy rating is 2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch is 2km. away at Sandhurst All Season Family Resort
- For your convenience, there is a mandatory cleaning fee of $175 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
- Please note that you are required to bring all of your own sheets, pillowcases, towels and kitchen linens (king sheets are provided).
One pet upon approval (no cats please), no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 6, bring own linens/towels, (king sheets provided), bring own drinking water, noise restriction after 11 PM.
Check in 4 pm and check out 10 am
There will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $175 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling)
NO ATV'S AT THIS COTTAGE