Welcome to this beautiful 1,800 sq. ft., 3 level, 4 bedroom cottage, tucked into a half acre of tiered land on the pristine shores of Whalley Lake!
The owners fell in love with the property when they first bought it because of the tranquil setting on a quiet lake and then they proceeded over time to turn the basic cottage into the warm and inviting cottage it is today.
As you enter into the foyer from the driveway, past the 2 main level bedrooms and bathroom into the great room, you are greeted by amazing wide open panoramic views of the lake through a wall of floor to ceiling windows. The open concept kitchen/living dining room all face out to the lake making prepping meals, dining inside and relaxing in front of the gas wood stove a treat with such a spectacular backdrop. The two-story pine cathedral ceiling in the living/dining area make it feel spacious and yet cozy with comfortable living room seating and a gorgeous wood harvest dining room table.
The upper level has an open loft office area and a spacious master bedroom with a stunning 4-post wood framed bed and a 3-piece ensuite bathroom complete with a claw foot bathtub.
The lower level has a bedroom, a 2-piece bathroom with a washer and dryer and a family room with a walk out to a covered patio deck.
As welcoming as the cottage is inside, the outdoor property offers so many fantastic spots to kick back and relax.
The front walk-out deck from the living/dining area allows plenty of room for the whole family to dine, entertain and even catch a nap on the day bed under the gazebo. The lawn level has the covered deck to retreat to for shade and a picnic table for dining and a fire pit for late night marshmallow roasting.
From here there are stairs down to 2 levels of lakeside stone patios with seating and continuous breathe taking views of the lake and 2nd fire pit.
The owners chose to step away from the media buzz of home with internet and satellite so that they could totally embrace the quietness that comes with nature and its surroundings. Walk down a few steps more to the 120 feet of natural shoreline and settle down into exactly that, for a day of sun and fun on the spacious dock. Swimming is amazing from the end of the dock where it is over 15 ft. deep so feel free to dive and refresh in the cool clear waters.
Enjoy a leisurely paddle around the lake to embrace the serenity or go fishing, or as the owners phrase it, catching, as there is a large abundance of fish to be had!
If peace and quiet and an escape from your life’s hectic schedule is what you are looking for, look no further, and take in the star lit skies as you close another memorable day in cottage heaven!
- 4 bedrooms (main level - double; queen; upper level - queen; lower level - double)
- fully equipped kitchen
- 2 small bar fridges in kitchen
- full-sized fridge on lower level
- water cooler (bring own 18L bottle)
- NO telephone
- great cell phone reception
- large harvest dining room table with 2 chairs and 2 benches (seats 8)
- kitchen island
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (main level with shower)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (upper level master bedroom ensuite with tub)
- 1 - 2 piece bathroom (lower level)
- washer/dryer (lower level bathroom)
- ceiling fans in the living/dining room, 2 bedrooms on the main level and in the upper level master bedroom
- electric baseboard heating
- gas woodstove (main level living room)
- TV (lower level family room)
- DVD player (lower level family room)
- small TV (lower level bedroom)
- DVD player (lower level bedroom)
- NO satellite
- NO Wi-Fi
- main deck (12ft. x 26ft.)
- patio table with 4 chairs and umbrella
- tented gazebo with day bed, love seat and umbrella
- propane BBQ
- covered stone patio deck (12ft. x 26ft.)
- picnic table on lawn
- outdoor fire pit on lawn (bring own wood)
- bench at lawn fire pit
- outdoor fire pit on 1st lakeside stone patio (bring own wood)
- 4 white Muskoka chairs at fire pit on 1st lakeside stone patio
- 2nd lakeside stone patio with 2 lounge chairs
- dock (2 ramps and 8ft. x 18ft. and 8ft. x 10ft.)
- swim ladder
- 2 chairs and 2 lounge chairs on dock
- note: swim raft in photos is not owners
- adult lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- water source is well, not potable
- privacy rating is 2-3 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on lake
No pets allowed (owner has severe allergies), no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 8, bring own linens, bring own drinking water, noise restriction after 11 PM.
Check in 4 pm and check out 10 am