What a wonderfully private piece of paradise in northern Ontario cottage country! With crown land to one side, no cottages across the lake and one cottage on the other side that cannot be seen through the thick mass of tall trees, this is a rare treat to be embraced and enjoyed. Although there are other cottages north along the shoreline, there is no public boat launch on the lake allowing for a more peaceful setting.
Welcome to this lovely 2,300 sq. ft., 2 level, 4 bedroom cottage tucked into an acre of land on tranquil Emsdale Lake.
The immaculate interior is bright, spacious and uncluttered with an abundance of large windows offering beautiful views of the lake from most all rooms. The living/dining/kitchen area on the main level are open concept with gorgeous pine cathedral ceilings and skylights in the kitchen and living room, filtering in soft ambient lighting, and a wood stove in the partially walled off dining room adding warmth and ambiance during dinner on cooler fall evenings. Two bunk bedrooms are tucked into the back of the cottage along with a 4-piece bathroom while the master bedroom has beautiful views of the lake.
The lower level has a large family room with a direct walk-out to the covered lower deck and lawn, a laundry room and a spacious bedroom with a 3-piece ensuite bathroom.
The great outdoors will certainly be your play ground while you are here! The walk- out upper deck from the main living area runs the entire length of the cottage with a fabulous screened-in gazebo at one end, perfect for dining while taking in the peaceful lake views.
The large expansive lawn is ideal for frisbee and ball throwing while being surrounded by gorgeous multi-level gardens which also draw an abundant amount of humming birds, something you don’t often see in the city!
The 200 feet of shoreline is split by a fun tree covered stone walkway that takes you from the initial shallow entry off of the lawn to a dock where the water is 6 feet deep, great for jumping off of to cool yourself on hot summer days, and then up and around to a pristine outhouse so there is no need to run into the cottage soaking wet when nature calls!
So much to do, so little time! Start your mornings off on the deck with cup of coffee in hand while being serenaded by the loons. While away the days sunning on the dock, where the sun shines from 11am until sunset, swim in the clear refreshing waters or take the canoe out and into the well-stocked lake and catch some Bass and Trout.
For a lengthier outing, the cottage is very close to the portage area that leads to two other lakes that are on crown land which have no other cottages on them and soak up the serenity and beauty of all that nature has to offer.
However you choose to spend your days, actively on or in the water or relaxing with a long overdue novel on the dock or taking a quick trip into Kearney for ice cream, it is a must to head back to the cottage for a BBQ on the deck and then roasting marshmallows around the lake side fire pit as the day comes to an end. With a true west exposure you are in for truly amazing sunsets on any clear night, all you have to do is sit back, relax and enjoy.
It’s time to take a break from your hectic life in the city and settle into a much deserved family vacation in this beautiful cottage with its stunning setting!
- 4 bedrooms (main level - queen; single/single bunk; single/double bunk; lower level - queen, queen)
- fully equipped kitchen
- NO dishwasher
- water cooler (bring own water)
- dining room table with 8 chairs
- kitchen island with 3 stools
- NO telephone
- good (Rogers) cell phone reception
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (lower level)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (main level)
- washer/dryer (lower level laundry room)
- clothes line with pegs
- ceiling fan (living room)
- electric baseboard heating
- woodstove - dining room (some wood available)
- 50" TV
- DVD player (lower level family room)
- satellite (Bell)
- NO Wi-Fi
- radio with ipod connection and bluetooth
- L-shaped deck (20ft. x 35ft. x 8ft.)
- propane BBQ
- 2 plastic chairs on deck
- screened-in gazebo on deck with dining table and 4 chairs
- lower covered deck (8ft. x 23ft.)
- outdoor fire pit (some wood available) with 6 muskoka chairs
- 2 Muskoka chairs on lakeside lawn
- bench overlooking lake beside deck
- dock (4ft. x 10ft. ramp + 11ft. x 13ft. floater)
- outhouse near dock with lifevest storage
- swim ladder
- 2 kayaks
- lifejackets (6 adults, various sizes)
- water source is lake, UV filtered, potable
- privacy rating is 1-2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- NO public boat launch on lake
Pet upon approval of owner, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 11, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM.
Check in 3 pm and check out 11 am
Please note that for winter rentals, you will need to park at the top of the driveway and walk down to the cottage