Welcome to this wonderful 1,400 sq.ft., 3 bedroom, 2 level cottage and spacious 2 level Bunkie on the peaceful shores of popular Kapikog Lake!
The owners purchased the cottage in 2012 with the focus of designing all the indoor and outdoor living spaces to highlight quality time spent with family and friends, chilling out after busy weeks in the city and for their children to grow up with fond cottage memories…mission “mega” accomplished!
You will feel the love and attention to family focused fun and comfort the moment you arrive, unpack in the cottage, check out the game room in the Bunkie and chill out on the large dock/deck. The property is an “every age haven” for fun and relaxation, every hour of the day, whether inside or outside.
The interior of the cottage is warm and inviting with a newly renovated kitchen and amazing master bedroom, just off of the living room, and the open concept dining/living room and screened-in Muskoka room all face out to the waterfront with fabulous lake views. The Muskoka room is where the owner’s family spends a lot of their indoor time, whether with morning coffee and breakfast or watching the sunset while playing board games or cards. There is also a 4-piece bathroom on this main level and there are 2 more bedrooms on the upper level.
The Bunkie is close to the cottage but far enough away to provide some privacy for the older kids to “hangout” and watch TV and movies, play ping pong or even challenge each other to the title of best entertainer on the karaoke machine! After a night of singing and games on the lower level, friends and/or family can take the stairs up to the upper level to sleep, without disturbing anyone in the main cottage, where there are 2 bedrooms and a half bathroom.
Needless to say, it will be the great outdoors where you will want to spend all your daylight hours and at this property there is so much to do and so many places to spread out and enjoy! The large dock/deck, with all day long sun, will be the favourite place for young and old alike. Sit back and relax under the large umbrella or on the shaded hammocks, while taking in the serene lake views, at least until the restless ones slide into the water from the water slide or start cannonballing off the end of the dock, where the water is 15 ft. deep!
With 2 double kayaks and a single kayak, be sure to get out on the water and explore the lake. Kapikog Lake celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2016. It is one of a multitude of glacier-strewn lakes along the giant arc of Ontario’s Laurentian Shield from Georgian Bay to the Ottawa River. The area is now mostly a vast secondary forest of pine, hemlock, cedar, maple, birch, oak and beech with countless lake-river chains, warm summers and glorious colour displays in the autumn. For avid anglers, Kapikog Lake has a number of shallow, weedy bays and areas where the lake floor is covered in jumbles of rocks, making it perfect habitat for bass, northern pike and rainbow trout.
Endless hours of endless fun, the perfect family vacation getaway!
- 3 bedrooms (main level - queen; upper level - double; 2 singles)
- comforters/pillows/sheets and pillowcases provided
- fully equipped kitchen
- water cooler (1-18L water bottles will be provided to get you started)
- Keurig coffee maker (bring own pods)
- espresso coffee machine
- dining room table with 10 chairs
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (main level)
- washer/dryer (not shown in photos)
- ceiling fans in the Muskoka room, living room and upstairs bedroom (double bed)
- electric baseboard heating
- fireplace - main level living room (some wood available)
- 40" TVDVD - main level living room
- NO satellite
- NO Wi-Fi
- screened-in Muskoka Room (off of dining room)
- breakfast table with 6 chairs, sectional wicker loveseat and 2 chairs (all with cushions) in Muskoka room
- small back deck
- propane BBQ
- Bunkie Loft
- king; 2 singles
- small portable electric heater
- half bathroom
- Keurig coffee maker (bring own pods)
- water cooler (18L water bottles for cooler, not supplied)
- juliet balcony with stairs
- Bunkie Main Level Game Room
- ping pong table
- karaoke machine
- 2 couches
- bar fridge
- Surrounding Grounds
- tree deck with 2 swings
- lakeside fire pit (some wood available)
- electric sauna on dock/deck
- NOTE: soft hot tub on upper deck is not available for use
- outdoor shower
- dock/deck (16ft. x 20ft.)
- 2 swim ladders
- 6 Muskoka chairs, stand-up umbrella, 2 hammocks and picnic table on dock/deck
- water slide on dock/deck
- swim raft and ladder
- 2 double kayaks
- single kayak
- 1 child size kayak
- 1 child size SUP
- lifejackets (some, various adult sizes)
- water source is lake, not potable
- privacy rating is 2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- NO MOTORBOATS TO BE DOCKED AT THIS COTTAGE
- public boat launch on lake
- For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $120 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
No pets, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 8, linens provided, bring your own towels, bring own drinking water (1-18L water bottles will be provided to get you started), noise restriction after 11 PM.
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $120 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
Check in 3 pm and check out 11 am