NEWLY LISTED - May 2020
Nestled on an acre of land, on the beautiful shores of Lake Manitouwabing, this lovely newly-renovated, 900 sq. ft., 3 bedroom cottage is the perfect cottage country family getaway!
The interior of the cottage is cozy and inviting yet has a feeling of spaciousness with a semi-open concept kitchen/dining/living room and warm pine cathedral ceilings in this main living space. The living room has a wall of floor to ceiling windows and the dining room has wrap-around large picture windows, bringing in warm ambient light with great tree-top views out to the lake.
The 3 bedrooms are simply and tastefully decorated with the lake-facing master bedroom having its own separate walk-out to the deck and the remaining 2 bedrooms are tucked into the back of the cottage along with a 4-piece bathroom.
The great outdoors has so much to offer at this property! There are plenty of seating options available to either take in the sunshine or shelter in the shade. The cottage itself has a large wrap-around deck with glass railings, offering unobstructed views of the lake, a great place to start your days with your morning coffee. Stairs from here take you past the fire pit and down to a large waterfront deck with comfy patio furniture complete with an island bar and bar stools. Steps down from here take you to an impressive U-shaped dock and off to the side is a sandy shallow entry to the lake, great for both young and old alike. Being tucked into a bay, be sure to get in a paddle or refreshing swim, especially in the morning when the lake is at its calmest.
For avid boaters, bring or rent a boat as Lake Manitouwabing is one of the larger lakes in Northern Ontario, full of islands and beautiful cottages to enjoy as you tour around and take it all in. It also has many fingers to explore for fishing, which is top notch, with bass, pike and pickerel in abundance. On the lake there is also access to the Ridge at Manitou Golf Course, a beautiful place to golf and is rated as one of the top 50 golf courses in Ontario.
For a change of pace, head into Parry Sound where you will find all shopping amenities, quaint shops, bookstores, great restaurants and take-out options. Parry Sound is the home of the 30,000 Island Queen Cruise scenic tour and the "Festival of the Sound" (late July to mid August) which features both classical and jazz music in the beautiful Charles Stockey concert hall.
With a west exposure you will definitely want to end your evenings back at the cottage with a BBQ dinner and take in the breathe taking sunsets as you gather round the fire pit and plan for your next day's adventures!
NEWLY LISTED - May 2020
- 3 bedrooms (queen; queen; single/double bunk bed)
- fully equipped kitchen
- NO dishwasher
- water cooler (1-18L bottle of water will be provided)
- dining table with 6 chairs
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- 1- 4 piece bathroom
- NO washer/dryer
- electric baseboard heating
- ceiling fans (living room and dining room)
- woodstove (living room - some wood available)
- 30" TV (living room)
- DVD player (living room)
- NO Wi-Fi
- deck (16ft. x 26ft.)
- propane BBQ
- patio dining table with 6 chairs on deck
- outdoor fire pit (some wood available)
- upper lakeside deck (18ft. x 22ft.)
- island bar with 4 bar stools and wrought iron patio furniture with cushions on upper lakeside deck
- lower lakeside deck (12ft. x 26ft.)
- bar fridge by lake
- volleyball/badminton net by lake
- docks (6ft. x 22ft.)
- swim ladder
- NOTE: boat in photos is not available for use
- 3 Muskoka chairs on dock
- 2 kayaks
- NOTE: paddle board in photos is not available for use
- adult lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- water source lake, not potable
- privacy rating is 3 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on the lake
- For your convenvenience there will be $150 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
Pet upon approval, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 7, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water (1-18L bottle of water will be provided), noise restriction after 11 PM.
For your convenvenience there will be $150 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
CHECK IN 4PM CHECK OUT 10AM