NEWLY LISTED - January 2020
Welcome to “The Will Ranch”
What an astonishing and rare piece of private cottage property, a true gem right in the heart of Ontario’s cottage country! The 50 acres of hard woods, complete with many trails, gives you the feeling of being in Algonquin Park, and with over 1,850 feet of shoreline, the landscape of this property is truly provincial park-like.
Welcome to your home away from home and so much more! The beautiful 3,000 sq. ft., 3 level, 4 bedroom cottage sits nestled on the well-treed property about 300 feet from the waterfront. The interior of the cottage is warm and inviting with gorgeous hardwood floors, pine walls and ceilings and comfortable furnishings throughout.
The current owners fell in love with the interior design and wide open flow on all three levels, knowing the layout would be perfect for a large family or 2 small families; it even has a spacious upper level bedroom with 6 built-in bunk beds, every child’s dream come true! Across from the bunk bedroom is a bedroom with its own large 3-piece ensuite, perfect for the parents to be close by while still giving both themselves and the kids privacy. The main level open concept kitchen/dining/living room is the perfect family gathering area for all meals and evening entertainment. Off of this main area is the master bedroom with a semi-ensuite bathroom and a walk-out to the Muskoka room, a coveted room at any cottage as you can relax and read or play board games and still feel one with nature even on inclement days. On the lower level is a 4th bedroom, 3-piece bathroom, large laundry room and a pool table for the pool sharks in the family.
But it is the GREAT outdoors that is the pièce de résistance at this property and will certainly be an endless playground for the entire family! There are so many places to kick back and enjoy all that your natural surroundings have to offer.The land was originally purchased by a local doctor and his wife in the mid 1980's and it was their dream to build a custom home/cottage off the grid. They succeeded and actually went on to make the property a once very active hobby farm, complete with goats, sheep, chickens and even a llama. The cottage is now fully serviced by Hydro One and has four heating sources (solar, hydro, propane and a diesel generator). The lake is a relatively quiet lake, ideal for peaceful morning paddles and for enthusiastic anglers, pickerel, perch, bass and pike may be your catch for the day.
If you can tear yourself away from the property, the historic town of Huntsville is a short drive away, with quaint shops to explore on Main Street and a wide selection of cafes and restaurants to choose from. For longer day trips head to Arrowhead Park or Algonquin Park. End your nights back at the cottage for a BBQ dinner, watching the moon shine on the water surrounded by a sky filled with stars, don’t you think it’s time to leave the mayhem of the city and settle into a long deserved cottage country escape?!
NEWLY LISTED - January 2020
- 4 bedrooms (main level - queen; upper level - king; 6 built-in bunk beds; lower level - queen with single trundle available)
- fully equipped kitchen
- gas stove
- Keurig coffee maker (bring own coffee pods)
- regular drip coffee maker (filters included, bring own coffee)
- toaster oven
- dining room table with 4 chairs and long bench
- booster seat with feeding tray
- high chair
- good phone reception
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (main level - master bedroom semi-ensuite)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (lower level)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (upper level)
- blow dryer
- hair straightener
- forced air propane furnace
- back-up solar generator
- propane wood stove (main level living room)
- wood stove (lower level - NOT available for use)
- ceiling fan (main level master bedroom and upper level loft area)
- washer/dryer (lower level laundry room)
- 65" Smart TV (main level living room)
- 55" Smart TV (upper level bunk bedroom)
- Wi-Fi (unlimited)
- NO satellite
- Muskoka room with sitting area and dining table with 2 long benches
- propane BBQ
- bunkie near lake with futon, 4 chairs and a woodstove (bring own wood)
- 2 decks at bunkie with 4 Muskoka cahirs
- outdoor fire pit (bring own wood)
- large benches at fire pit
- large beach area at lakeside
- 8 plastic Muskoka chairs and 2 stand-up umbrellas at beach
- large dock
- swim ladder
- 4 Muskoka chairs on dock
- 2 kayaks
- 2 paddleboards
- bring own lifejackets
- water source is drilled well, potable
- privacy rating is 1 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on the lake
- For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $125 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
No pets, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 10, bring own linens and towels, bring own water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM.
CHECK IN 4 PM AND CHECK OUT 10 AM
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $125 added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).