NEWLY LISTED - December 2021
Welcome to Oastler Ridge!
Nestled on 1.8 acres of well treed land, this wonderful 2,500 sq. ft., 2 level, 5 bedroom Viceroy-style cottage sits perched above the beautiful shores of Oastler Lake, right in the heart of Ontario cottage country. The cottage has been in the family for over 20 years, providing an abundance of priceless memories, and they hope that you too will make wonderful family memories of your own to last a lifetime.
As you step through the cottage entrance foyer, into the open concept kitchen/dining/living room, you will be greeted by stunning tree-top views of the lake from a wall of floor to ceiling windows. The cottage is well laid out with family living spaces, bedrooms and bathrooms on both levels. After a fun-filled day in the sun, the main level living room, with its wood beamed cathedral ceiling, warm wood floors and leather furniture, will be the place to enjoy pre-dinner beverages while taking in the amazing views. The cozy lower level family room caters to evening entertainment, with comfy furnishings and a 50" TV/DVD for after dinner movies in front of a wood burning fireplace.
Start your days off, cup of coffee in hand, on the expansive deck just feet from the lower level family room's direct walk-out. You will be completely captivated by the tranquilness of mornings here, surrounded by the gentle sounds of mother nature. Then head down to the 210 feet of private pristine waterfront, via sets of stairs and a natural pathway, to spend your days on the lakeside deck and large dock. Take in the beauty of the wide open lake views, enhanced by the picturesque Great Canadian shield shoreline, while basking in the sun from 11am onward. When it gets too hot, jump from the end of the dock where the water is 25 feet deep, and cool off in the crystal clear lake. Also keep your eye out for the Great Blue Heron that frequents the area, quite the majestic sight to behold. There is a running creek along the property that drops off into a serene waterfall at the lake's shoreline, an easy swim away and also provides soothing natural background music to fall asleep to when relaxing on the dock. Oastler Lake is a wonderful lake to explore, you can even paddle over to the Provincial Park, and for avid anglers, fishing is great with a variety of fish to catch, such as Small and Largemouth bass, Northern pike and Yellow perch. A fun little addition to the property for the kids is a tree house to the side of the cottage, across the small foot bridge over the running creek!
For a change of pace, head to Rose Point Recreational Trail, only a 5 minute drive away to the end of the trail, and is open year round for hiking, walking, cycling and mountain biking. The town of Parry Sound, just a 10-15 minute drive away, is where you will find all shopping amenities, quaint shops, bookstores, great restaurants and take-out options. Parry Sound is the home of the 30,000 Island Queen Cruise scenic tour and the "Festival of the Sound" (late July to mid August) which features both classical and jazz music in the beautiful Charles Stockey concert hall. The area also offers plenty of golf courses and farmers markets.
However you spend your days, no day is complete in cottage country without a BBQ dinner on the deck and roasting marshmallows around the fire pit for dessert. Your only tough choice during your stay will be where to enjoy the gorgeous sunsets from, overlooking the lake from the living room or family room, or down on the dock while the warm light hits the granite ridge along the shoreline as the sun paints the sky in glorious hughes of colours before dropping beyond the horizon. So what are you waiting for!?
NEWLY LISTED - December 2021
- 5 bedrooms (main level - queen; queen; lower level - queen; queen; 2 singles)
- all linens provided for all beds
- all bath towels provided
- all beach towels provided
- fully equipped kitchen
- 2 full size refrigerators (kitchen & lower level family room)
- 10 cup drip coffee maker (Cuisinart)
- blender (Cuisinart)
- stand mixer (KitchenAid)
- dining room table with 6+4 chairs
- telephone land line not available
- reliable cell reception
- 1- 3 piece bathroom (lower level)
- 1- 4 piece bathroom (main level)
- washer/dryer (lower level laundry room - currently not shown in photos)
- ceiling fans in upstairs bedrooms
- NO air-conditioning
- woodstove (lower level family room - some wood available)
- 55" Samsung 4K Smart TV (main level living room)
- DVD player (main level living room)
- 50" Panasonic Plasma TV (lower level family room)
- PS3/Xbox Game Consoles w/DVD player (lower level family room)
- board games/puzzles
- unlimited fast Wi-Fi
- deck (10ft. x 11ft. and 11ft. x 26ft.)
- picnic table, 4 chairs and 2 recliners on deck
- small cottage entrance deck
- propane BBQ
- small private master bedroom deck
- outdoor fire pit - (some wood available)
- 4 chairs at fire pit
- dock (4ft. x 6ft. and 6ft. x 12ft. and 6ft. x 10ft. and 4ft. x 14ft.)
- swim ladder
- lakeside deck (6ft. x 12ft.)
- 2 Muskoka chairs on lakeside deck
- stand-up paddle board
- 2 x 10ft. kayaks
- adult life jackets (some, various sizes)
- water source lake, UV filtered, potable (water jug supplied for drinking)
- privacy rating is 2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch nearby on the lake
- NO SEADOOS OR PWC'S PERMITTED AT THIS COTTAGE
NOTE: For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $375 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
No pets, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 10, all linens, towels and beach towels will be provided, bring own drinking water if preferred. Noise restriction after 11 PM.
NOTE: For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $375 + HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).