Welcome to Pickerel Lake, private beachfront, and luxury in every direction. This 3000 sq. ft., 3 level, 3 bedroom newer cottage is pristine on the outside, with stunning features and views, and has been completely refinished inside, including all new furnishings throughout. Nothing has been overlooked, from A to Z, (or in this case, Asko to Wolf), even the smallest of details is new and cottagey (but definitely not kitschy) all in an effort to host you with the utmost in comfort, convenience and the care you have been searching for in your getaway.
Pickerel Lake may be a little further north than some, it is 20 minutes from historic downtown Hunstville and in the Burk’s Falls region, but that little extra effort is well-rewarded as the treasures abound in repayment for your drive. This lake is famous for its spectacular fishing and is home to walleye, trout, smallmouth bass and pike. It is also great for boating or exploring with plenty of absolutely serene days where the loudest noise may be a loon call (or the ice in your glass). In winter, access to snowmobile trails is excellent. Sledders can explore the local trail network or plan day trips to Huntsville or North Bay. Surrounded by numerous trails, lakes and rivers and close to Arrowhead provincial park and yet just a short drive to the quaint village of Burk’s Falls for dining, shopping (including an LCBO) or knick-knacking.
The property has simple landscaping lending to lots of areas for play and glides slowly down to the water’s edge of the cottages' private beach - intersected only by the exclusive drive that services this and a couple of neighbouring cottages. The beach is a clean stretch of sand that extends for a great distance and is ideal for swimming and splashing around in the water at your comfortable depth. The view of the lake is outstanding and you’ll love the time spent on either the covered lower patio or the upper deck, both full-width and furnished with comfortable seating, tables and chairs.
Inside the cottage, you will find a gorgeous and fully-equipped kitchen with granite counters, custom cabinetry and millwork, an oversized Sub-Zero refrigerator and a six-burner (plus separate grill) Wolf stove & oven – just in case barbecuing on the deck doesn’t fit the night’s menu. A very comfortable and well-appointed main living room provides plenty of seating with leather chairs, loveseat and sofa, all bathed in huge amounts of natural light and warmed by the wood-burning fireplace. On the ground level, there is a family and games area that rivals the living room for comfort – here you can lounge on a huge sectional sofa while watching the 40” TV (basic bell satellite TV, DVD player, XBox 360and limited WiFi included). The table and chairs in this great room are ideal for jigsaw puzzles or poker games – it’s all up to you to decide. Every room provides a fantastic lake view – a nod to the brilliant design of this cottage.
There are 3 large yet cozy bedrooms, two with new queen-sized beds and one king bed, all offering a welcoming décor. Rooms that could each be called a ‘master’ - choosing where to sleep will simply come down to your point of view.
Dining for up to 8 at the harvest table and under the unique and beautiful chandelier of branches (trust us) will make any meal memorable, if only for the view of the lake and the ambiance of the room – and your cooking, of course.
Luxurious amenities and warm comfort… go ahead, you deserve it.
- 3 bedrooms (main level - queen; upper level - king; queen)
- pull-out bed sofa in family room
- fully equipped kitchen
- drip coffee maker
- 6 burner Wolf gas cooktop
- sub-zero refrigerator
- wine refrigerator
- kitchen island with 4 stools
- dining room table with 8 chairs
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- 1 - 2 piece bathroom (main floor)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (upper floor)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom with heated floors (lower floor)
- washer/dryer (lower levwel laundry room)
- ceiling fan in great room and upper bedrooms
- forced-air propane furnace
- fireplace (living room - bring own wood)
- central air-conditioning
- 40” TV/DVD (family room)
- satellite TV
- Wi-Fi (limited data, Maximum of 50GB per week. There is a charge of $5/GB if you go over the amount allotted)
- large selection of board games and puzzles
- main deck (15ft. x 44ft.)
- propane BBQ
- outdoor deck furniture (patio dining room table with umbrella and 8 chairs and 4 lounge chairs)
- lower covered deck (10ft. x 44ft.)
- 4 Muskoka chairs
- fire bowl
- 8’ x 16’ floating dock. It is wade-out, an is about 40m out into the lake (mid-thigh depth). Great for swimming, fishing, and mooring your boat.
- sandy beach
- 6 plastic Muskoka chairs at fire bowl
- 2 plastic Muskoka chairs and 4 folding chairs for the beach
- 2 kayaks
- 6 lifejackets
- several sleds for winter tobogganing
- water source is drilled well, filtered, potable
- privacy rating is 2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on lake nearby
- NOTE: For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $160 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
- One pet upon approval of owner (non-refundable $50 pet fee applies plus HST)
One pet upon approval of owner,(non-refundable $50 pet fee applies plus HST) no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 6-8, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM.
NOTE: For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $160 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
Check in 4 pm and check out 11 am
Please note that there is private cottage road between the cottage and the waterfront