There is something just so majestic about Georgian Bay and its natural raw beauty! No matter where a home or cottage is on the shores of this vast expanse of water, you are drawn into the tranquil grandness of its presence.
This lovely 4,500 sq. ft., 2 level, 4 bedroom cottage is located on the shores of Georgian Bay just minutes from Owen Sound. The owners chose the cottage so that family and friends could escape the hectic pace of the city and retreat to this wonderful cottage while having the security and all the comforts of home!
The 4-season cottage/home has 2 spacious levels, both having a fully equipped kitchen, a family room, sleeping accommodation(s) and bathroom(s). All rooms are beautifully and tastefully appointed. The upper level is slightly formal while the lower level is more casual and cozy.
The main living spaces on both levels have open concept kitchen/dining/living areas with amazing views of the lake. Even in the winter, when you walk in the door it’s hard to believe it is winter as you take in the striking Caribbean-like aqua colours of the endless miles of lake before you! Enjoy creating meal menus on either level with both catering to a family affair of sharing in the prepping and making of meals with an abundance of counter space and kitchen islands with bar stools.
The lower level will be the place for family to retreat to after dinner. Cuddle up on the comfy couches and lounge chairs to watch a movie or Netflix or challenge someone to a game of shuffle board or a game of poker while taking in the relaxing views of the lake.
There is a lakefront bedroom on the lower level and 3 bedrooms on the upper level with the expansive master bedroom facing out to the lake as well. The master bedroom is truly an oasis onto itself with a gorgeous king size 4-poster bed, sitting room with a walk-out to the deck and a 5-piece ensuite bathroom. The perfect place to escape to after a long day of fun in the sun and relax and soak in the jacuzzi tub and then sit on the deck with a glass of wine and take in the spectacular lake view and listen to the soothing sound of the waves splashing up on the dock.
The location of the property allows you to enjoy both sunrises and sunsets, no matter what season. The driveway is also conveniently close to the road but the backyard is definitely a cottage setting with an expansive lake facing deck, lakeside fire pit near the dock and for boat lovers, a boat launch on the property. Swim, paddle, fish or just relax the days away.
Activities near the property are also endless and great for day trips and exploring. Just a 10 minute drive away is an amazing water falls and trails to hike on (Inglis), relax at Kelso Beach Park or Bass Lake Park or head out for a longer days outing to Tobermory at the top of the Bruce Peninsula and ferry over to Manitoulin Island.
Needless to say, any stress that may have followed you from the city will drain away the moment you vacation at this fabulous cottage/home property!
“We wanted to thank you and the cottage owner as our family had a wonderful and relaxing time at the cottage! Upon arriving at the cottage, we were really impressed how impeccably clean it was from top to bottom. The washrooms, kitchen and even the BBQ!
The bed linens were of excellent quality and the beds were all clean and comfortable. We all slept wonderfully.
We enjoyed having dinner on the deck admiring the incredible view. The water is so clean! We could see the bottom when we were swimming or out on the kayaks.
We really enjoyed ourselves immensely and fell in love with the house. It was so sad to leave!
Thank you also for the bottle of wine! We definitely enjoyed it!
I look forward to renting from you again."
- 4 bedrooms (main level - king; queen; queen; lower level - king)
- blankets, pillows
- all linens provided for all beds
- 2 fully equipped kitchen
- 2 gas stove
- 2 dishwasher
- Nespresso coffee machine (bring own pods)
- Kitchen Aid mixer
- kitchen island with 3 bar stools (upper level)
- kitchen island with 8 bar stools (lower level)
- dining table with 6 chairs (upper level)
- dining table with 4 chairs (lower level)
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (lower level)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (main level)
- 1 - 5 piece bathroom (main level master bedroom ensuite with jacuzzi tub)
- washer/dryer (main level laundry room)
- ceiling fan in master bedroom
- natural gas heating
- heated floor (lower level)
- central air-conditioning
- automatic back-up generator
- electric fireplace (main level)
- 75" TV (main level family room)
- 32" TV (main level master bedroom)
- 60" TV (lower level family room)
- Rogers cable
- Wi-Fi (unlimited)
- Playstation with DVD player
- shuffleboard game (lower level family room)
- covered poker table (lower level family room)
- deck (10ft. x 50ft.)
- natural gas BBQ
- outdoor furniture on deck (patio dining table with umbrella and 6 chairs and 4 Muskoka chairs)
- dock (10ft. x 50ft.) and 100 ft. of water frontage
- outdoor fire pit (some wood available)
- outdoor furniture at fire pit (4 Muskoka chairs, bench and picnic table)
- 2 hammocks
- 2 kayaks
- lifejackets (some,various sizes)
- water source is city, potable
- privacy rating is 2-3 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- boat launch on property
- boat launch at nearby marinas
No pets, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 8, all linens provided for all beds, bring own towels, bring own drinking water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM.