Stone Cottage on Matchedash Bay (Georgian Bay)
An easy drive from Toronto brings you to this lovely and warm stone cottage on the shores of Matchedash Bay. Matchedash Bay is a quieter part of Georgian Bay at the southeast end, offering great boating and swimming the further out you explore.
The 400 foot shoreline of this cottage is shallow and natural, with reeds and grasses supporting an abundance of shore birds and wildlife, with calm water for water sports.You can park a boat at the 80 ft. dock to boat out into the lake for better swimming and even fish right from the dock. A short paddle or boat ride is the best way to access the pristine waters of Georgian Bay.
The nearby hamlet of Waubashene is a charming community of several hundred full-time and cottage residents in Tay Township offering access to all that the Georgian Bay area provides, including hiking trails, shopping and exploring on land or water.
Located on a large private 5 acre property, this 1200 square-foot, 3-bedroom cottage is fully equipped and ready to comfortably offer a nature-loving family all the comforts of home; with a full kitchen (including dishwasher, thankfully). A rare treat is the one-person sauna, two if you’re cozy, that sits just inside the main cottage from the screened-in Muskoka room – it is infra-red and ready in a moment’s notice; great for taking-off the chill of a clear and starry summer night. Speaking of the Muskoka room, it sits on the full-width front deck of the cottage, both of which offer great western views with wonderful sunsets – coffee or cocktails in hand.
The décor is simple and cottagey inside, but also modern and clean. The living room has a large 50” television with DVD player (but no satellite or WiFi) offering plenty of areas for sitting and catching-up or playing games from the ample supply collected over the years – Scrabble anyone? The primary dining area is in the kitchen with a nice table with chairs and a bench that hint of Switzerland. Dining outside is also possible with the large table and six chairs on the expansive deck.
Playing outdoors is what it’s really all about and along with the shallow waters, the expansive and flat property offers acres of exploring, volleyball & badminton (bring your racquets), soccer or frisbee.
The drive is right to the door and you’ll be hard-pressed to find an easier escape to the wilderness where you can enjoy endless choices to while away your days.Take an early morning kayaking, canoeing, stand-up paddle-board or rowing trip (whew) on the bay when it is as smooth as can be or try your luck at fishing off the dock. Perhaps a long walk to pick wildflowers or to see wildlife, either in the ‘back country’ which starts right behind the cottage, or along the water’s edge. Later, you can toast marshmallows on the firepit (some wood is supplied) or just run down the dock and take a dip. Welcome to cottage life!
PLEASE NOTE - THIS COTTAGE HAS MANY WEEDS IN THE SWIM AREA AND A SOFT LAKE BOTTOM
- 3 bedrooms (queen; queen; queen)
- bunkie (double bed, bar fridge, microwave, TV and DVD player) - available for additional cost of $250 per week or part there of
- fully equipped kitchen
- drip-coffee maker
- breakfast table with 4 chairs
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- 1- 4 piece bathroom
- washer/dryer (in laundry room - not shown in photos)
- electric baseboard heating
- window air-conditioner (living room)
- ceiling fan (living room)
- electric fireplace (living room)
- sauna (living room)
- 50" TV (living room)
- DVD (living room)
- movies and boardgames
- NO satellite
- NO Wi-Fi
- screened-in Muskoka room (with 2 wicker loveseats with cushions)
- large deck
- propane BBQ
- 2 plastic Muskoka chairs and outdoor dining table with 6 chairs on deck
- fire pit (some wood available)
- dock (6ft. x 80 ft.)
- NO swim ladder
- 2 kayaks
- 2 stand-up paddle boards
- adult lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- enclosed outdoor trampoline
- tire swing
- soccer nets
- badminton net
- water source drilled well, potable
- privacy rating is 2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- 3 marinas nearby
- public boat launch nearby
- For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $100 + HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling)
NOTE: 14 ft. aluminum fishing boat with 6 Hp motor is available upon request for $250/wk - will provide owner contact to arrange
No pets, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 6-8, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM.
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $100 + HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling)
Check in 4 pm and check out 11 am